A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: London Meetup 19 October 2006 - date changed from the 12th!  (Read 2756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Bag
Let them make bags!

Bag it up, bag it in, let me bag-in!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006 12:16:18 AM »

Awwww Pooooo!!

Only just read this thread now.  I'd love to meet up with you guys next time, and there should deffo be a next time  Smiley.  Especially as I've already met you briefly Maradol, (I sold you that interfacing - I hope the bags are coming along nicely)

Please keep me posted!

Lisa XX
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.u-handbag.com
Oodles of bag making supplies!

http://u-handbag.typepad.com/
U-handblog!
LiliDesign
Little Miss Magpie

www.lilidesigns.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006 01:42:54 PM »

Noooooo I missed it!  R u gna b doing another 1??  Please?
Luv Claire xox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The website's up and running, and the shop will be ready soon ~ www.lilidesigns.co.uk ~ Unique Handmade Jewellery Designs
Maradoll32
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006 07:30:17 AM »

Hey Guys - wow there is more interest in meeting up!

Should I try organising another?

We could do one for late November - does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Bodil and I were thinking that maybe we should plan something that involves crafty things; like an exhibition. Anyone know of any happening crafty things going on in London in November?

Santacon has just been announced as the 16th of December - I have Jarvis Cocker tickets! What am I going to do!?!

Lady Bag - thanks for the interfacing, it's been sooooo fantastic to have around and top quality. Anyone who needs sewing supplies definitely hook up with Lady Bag!

X, Maradoll
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeePea
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006 03:45:04 PM »

Just wanted to show my interest so I don't miss out on the next meetup!

Getting lonely crafting on my own in London  Sad
I can't find any local clubs or anything to join.. *sniff*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silkslippers
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006 02:18:15 AM »

Hi Maradoll and everyone,

Well done for getting this going Maradoll!

I have just posted information about something I would like to get going now someone has kindly become a co-ordinator which means that we can contact loads of people who like sewing and making costumes.

Now here is where I beg! Please join the group. At the moment there are only two members and we need more to have a meetup (otherwise it gets lonely). Do you think we could combine forces and arrange something together? I've no idea how it would work. I personally like the idea of bring along what we are working on and meeting in a coffee bar (I know a nice one in Kensington High Street that we could sit in for a couple of hours). Maybe something that you can do hand sewing on? Like finishing off, sewing on buttons, whatever takes your fancy.

I like the idea of doing this outside in the park in the summer (i know its a long way away dont remind me!).

Anyway, I've gassed on enough. Over to you.
Smiley
silkslippers

PS.Here's the link to the group:
http://sewing.meetup.com/147/
PPS! The co-ordinator of the group is into fancy dress and wants help making an elf suit. He is also co-ordinator of the Fancy dress meetup which is having an event this friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silkslippers
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006 02:59:05 AM »

Just had a few more ideas.

*Is there anyone who maybe has access to a meeting room say at college/uni/community centre? Wouldnt it be cool to have an evening where we show some films on craft subjects? We could bring along dvds (home-made?) and snacks (yummy home-made!).

*Outings combined with going to a coffee bar afterwards. Eg. Victoria and Albert costume collection, Crafts Council's textile/craft exhibitions,Zandra Rhodes Museum in south london when it opens again(!)

*Crafsters who feel that they could give demonstrations or mini workshops would be cool

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Bag
Let them make bags!

Bag it up, bag it in, let me bag-in!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006 03:05:54 PM »

Hi All,

Hey Guys - wow there is more interest in meeting up!

Should I try organising another?

We could do one for late November - does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Bodil and I were thinking that maybe we should plan something that involves crafty things; like an exhibition. Anyone know of any happening crafty things going on in London in November?

Santacon has just been announced as the 16th of December - I have Jarvis Cocker tickets! What am I going to do!?!

Lady Bag - thanks for the interfacing, it's been sooooo fantastic to have around and top quality. Anyone who needs sewing supplies definitely hook up with Lady Bag!

X, Maradoll

Thanks heaps for the kind words Maradoll.

I came across this in the Metro the other day.  The Notting Hill Arts Club hold Bi-Monthly craft nights where you get to make stuff whilst listening to live bands - sounds kinda cool. 

Check out the website and look under 'about our nights' (to the left of the page) and scroll down to Craft Night. http://www.nottinghillartsclub.com/

It could be a gas!

Lisa X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.u-handbag.com
Oodles of bag making supplies!

http://u-handbag.typepad.com/
U-handblog!
Maradoll32
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006 06:25:12 AM »

Hey Silkslippers,

I tried clicking on the meetup link but the site is temporarily unavailable. I will definitely check it out later!

As another idea for meeting up venues, the Tate modern has this really great exhibit with slides at the moment in the turbine hall. I was there last Friday night and it was really cool. The thing is that the slides don't take up very much room and the Tate seems to be really cool with groups of people just sitting on the floor hanging out. I was thinking it would be fun to meet at the Turbine hall, bring some crafting along, craft and play on the slides!

Kind regards,
Samara
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiliDesign
Little Miss Magpie

www.lilidesigns.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006 12:02:06 PM »

Samara that is such a good idea!  I was looking at the slides 2day in the london times (lol i love free papers), and I just thought that I want 2 go!!  Plus you don't need to be 18 to get in like you would for a bar, and I'm only 17.  When do you want to do it?

Luv Claire xox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The website's up and running, and the shop will be ready soon ~ www.lilidesigns.co.uk ~ Unique Handmade Jewellery Designs
silkslippers
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006 02:35:30 PM »

Samara that looks brilliant even for an oldie like me! I had a look at The Tate Modern's website and it seems like to get tickets for all the levels you will need to be there before midday (http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/carstenholler/) which means we are talking about a weekend.

When is a good time for everyone. For the meetup to give people enough notice I was thinking not in the next week as people will probably have made other plans and not too close to christmas because of christmas parties (and christmas shopping - ouch!).

If we can agree on a good date I will also post this as the first event for the Sewing and Costume-making meetup (membership is only 3 at the moment!).  How about sunday 3rd December?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Smoky Eye
How to Apply Fake Lashes
Lauren Conrad at Her Allure April 2014 Cover Shoot
Teen Vogue Editor Elaine Welteroth Responds to Your Comments
How to Combat Your Dry Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...