A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nightmare Before Christmas Etched Champagne Glasses  (Read 3255 times)
Tags for this thread: nightmare_before_christmas , the_nightmare_before_christmas , etched_glass  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2006 12:16:55 AM »

so my friend is going to Vegas at the end of this month for a family friend's wedding, and when he told me it was going to be a Nightmare Before Christmas wedding.. well I told him I was going to crash the wedding! So to make up for my wedding crashing (I'm even invited to the bridal shower now!!) I personalized a pair of champagne glasses with Jack and Sally on the curly hill with the moon behind them. On the opposite side I tried my best to write their names, the date of the wedding and the location in the Nightmare font.
As you can see, I unfortunately don't have a proper camera at the moment, so these crap ass pictures are taken with my cell phone. :sigh: I figured I should try to be less selfish and give these to her tomorrow at her shower instead of waiting til the wedding to give them to her. I'm hoping that someone has a camera tomorrow so I can get better pictures Smiley

Anyways, I love them in real life, and maybe I'll make myself a pair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
mmd32
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006 01:13:16 AM »

OMG, if I got those for a wedding present, I would keep them forEVER!!!!  Absolutely fantastic!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006 06:59:24 AM »

That is SUCH a great idea!  If you can't have hip personalized items at your wedding then WHEN can you have them!?

My sister is getting married in June and I have been making a list of glass items I may make for her as wedding and shower gifts. My mom (who does stained glass) is making their cake topper. She is making a family monogram in her colors (royal/colbolt blue and lime).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006 09:21:06 AM »

That is SUCH a great idea!  If you can't have hip personalized items at your wedding then WHEN can you have them!?

that's what I think!! I was going to make her a pair of his/her shirts that had the same picture on it that on the back would say "just married" but I didn't have his size shirt.. or the time to cut out the stencils. so thank goodness for etching cream Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
musicmob
mishoozles
Wear the ART By shoozles

Fresh art served daily! try it some time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006 10:18:22 AM »

I love Nightmare before Christmas. I ould love to get  a good look at those glasses. Make t-shirts, I wanna see that!

I watch the movie in my studio because the art of it is so inspiring!

Great day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

witelilly8

xX teenage drama queen Xx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006 01:26:31 PM »

OMG! these are seriously the greatest! The gift recievers are the luckiest people ever!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~You're nothing like her...&& you never will be.~
tivaclare
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006 05:31:50 PM »

OMG, I LOVE NBC!!! I've even stockpiled a collection of clothing for my baby...although I do forsee making a lot of my "own" designs ($20 normal price for a baby shirt is too high!)

Are you going to do up another NBC gift for the wedding, or is this it? I would love to see what else you'd come up with. I saw a baby quilt on here that was just amazing. I bet the idea could be adapted into really cute throw pillows...one for jack and one for sally, each with their names and wedding date.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgflower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006 06:55:53 PM »

Are you going to do up another NBC gift for the wedding, or is this it? I would love to see what else you'd come up with. I saw a baby quilt on here that was just amazing. I bet the idea could be adapted into really cute throw pillows...one for jack and one for sally, each with their names and wedding date.

I ended up missing the bridal shower so I think these will just end up being the actual wedding gift. I don't really know the couple, and I was making the gifts more for my love of the movie than as a gift (I know, I know, I'm selfish!!) Those are really great ideas for a nightmare themed craft though!  If I have the time I might make more stuff for the wedding, but I definitely will continue to make Nightmare themed crafts Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
musicmob
hgflower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006 06:58:44 PM »

okay!! here are some better pictures finally Smiley

I never realized how hard it is to take a decent picture of etched glass before.. the words on the back are still hard to get a picture of, but it also might be cause I didn't do that great a job on them in the first place Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
musicmob
dinostar
Fun Bunny

Stay Crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006 07:23:48 AM »

These are wonderful!!! They are going to love them!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
Neil Hilborn, Man With OCD, Performs Heartbreaking Poem
Annie Choi: What Are You Reading?
Woman Finds Success Writing Harry Potter Fan Fiction
Writer Finds Audience Through Erotic Pro-Wrestling Fan Fiction
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...