A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,915
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DFW Craftsters Meet, Greet, and Swap!  (Read 44252 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006 03:07:34 PM »

Okay Micol, I love you, but I am not dressing like a crazy crafter lady!  Tongue
I'm lucky enough to actually get out of the house and spend time with grown-ups, I want to dress in real clothes for once!  Smiley

Silly girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006 03:17:57 PM »

Oh yeah?  You're just saying that because you've actually MADE some nice-looking clothing and jewelry for yourself and can show it off!!!   Cheesy

I have only made an apron...so no real clothes as of yet.  Maybe I will make a reconned evening gown to dress up in for the meet-up!  Then I'll look MORE special than you!  Hardy-har-har!

(Don't worry, folks...we're like sisters, so we can talk like this to each other!)

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
katie_ramone9
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006 03:37:05 PM »

So I told my mom about the get-together and she surprisingly seemed interested.  I'll have to get the final OK but things are looking up on my end.  Smiley

I thought of something funny...

We should all dress up in our quirkiest-crafty-crazy-lady (or man) clothes for the meet-up.  That way, we'll know right off that someone has come to join in the group!

Maybe wearing as much hand-made stuff as possible...like I'd wear my red felted hat, OY's necklace & earrings, PAKnitchick's crocheted fulled house shoes and apron, etc. 

Unless someone has just really poor taste and we confuse them for a Craftster-holic, we would all certainly know each other from afar!!!   Grin

Now, that's just an idea...I don't know if y'all are too shy to do that, but at least it WILL be close to Halloween...so people would just think we were doing it for that!

Any takers?

RM

My mom wouldn't want to be seen with me if I dress too crazy   Wink.  I'm not too shy to do it, but my mom would probably stay far away from me.  I definitely think we need to have some way to recognize who in the food court is a craftster and who is a shopper. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006 04:31:04 PM »

P.S. Katie, some of us are probably as old as your mom!  Smiley  She can see who you hang out with on the 'net.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006 05:58:01 PM »

So I told my mom about the get-together and she surprisingly seemed interested.  I'll have to get the final OK but things are looking up on my end.  Smiley

My mom wouldn't want to be seen with me if I dress too crazy   Wink.  I'm not too shy to do it, but my mom would probably stay far away from me.  I definitely think we need to have some way to recognize who in the food court is a craftster and who is a shopper. 

It's so great that you got a 'maybe' from your mom!!!   I'll bet if she stays around for long she'll become a Craftster-holic like us!!!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006 06:41:20 PM »

I think we'll be pretty easy to spot with our knitting, crochet, embroidery, art, etc, all spread out in front of us and probably several UFO's being worked on at the same time!   Roll Eyes

What's really going to be funny is if someone comes by and thinks we're having a craft sale in the mall!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006 09:08:28 AM »

P.S. Katie, some of us are probably as old as your mom!  Smiley  She can see who you hang out with on the 'net.

or in my case maybe older <g>
I'm the vintage member of this group.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006 09:27:11 AM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006 04:08:27 PM »

Hey!  I just moved to the area (Plano) and would like to meet some crafty people.  If you all ever do another get together in maybe Dallas, drop me a line.  I don't think I'm brave enough to travel to FW by myself yet.  Driving into Dallas for interviews can be scary enough, haha. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
katie_ramone9
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006 04:58:58 PM »

Ok so my parents are bordering "yes".  This is good news! But, since our family only has one car, and my dad would die if he was left at home with my two little brothers for that long, my parents are talking about taking the whole family.  That means my mom, my dad, 5y/o brother, 8y/o brother, and me.  But I'm positive "the boys" would steer clear of us crafty people.  But there is a possibility of my brother(s) maybe sitting with my mom...anyone have a problem with that? they are cute little boys  Wink

So I still don't have the final OK-lets-mark-it-on-the-calender but i thought id inform y'all that we're almost at a "yes"! 

Hey!  I just moved to the area (Plano) and would like to meet some crafty people.  If you all ever do another get together in maybe Dallas, drop me a line.  I don't think I'm brave enough to travel to FW by myself yet.  Driving into Dallas for interviews can be scary enough, haha. 

If we didn't already have our 5 seater car filled with 5 bums id offer to give you a lift since i go past plano to get to ft.worth.  My mom suggested that you could follow us down there if that would make you feel better about going all the way to ft.worth.  I'll speak for everyone when I say that we'd really like you to come join us.  We could meet up at your house or outside of a store in plano and you could follow us the rest of the way.

My mom is actually a member on this forum (although she hasn't posted anything yet) shes katie_ramone9s_mom (hehe).  She likes to craft, but has no time to.

you probably are...don't tell her i told u this but shes 38 (she'll tell you shes 29 tho).  i know shes not worried about who i talk to on craftster or if they are creepy old men talking to teens, she has seen how amazing this forum and the people on it are.

now, i know ive already said a whole bunch and my post is really long, but ive got a question...when i get the final OK (which i know i will  Cheesy) do i need to bring anything to swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006 05:24:15 PM »

But there is a possibility of my brother(s) maybe sitting with my mom...anyone have a problem with that? they are cute little boys  Wink

do i need to bring anything to swap?

Hey KR9! 

That's really cool that you will probably make it and so sweet of you to offer to let Bourgeois follow you.

How old are your brothers?  I wouldn't mind them being there. (Unless they like to use their outdoor voices indoors or like to grab shiny pretties...because I know there will be a lot of things we'd like to show each other that might be really enticing for little hands to play with.)  But if your mom is with them, I'm sure she'll watch them...and you said they were good, so we probably won't have anything to worry about.

As far as bringing something to swap, I know most of us are planning to bring little inexpensive handmade items to swap with everyone.  (We're making enough for each crafter.)  But if you choose to opt out, you can mention that and you won't have to participate in the swap...or if you'd like, you can set up just one personal swap with one person that is coming.  Then they could make one extra of their small items and swap with you.

You may prefer to just bring some craft supplies like interesting papers, beads, ribbons and laces, yarns or other fibers, fabrics, etc. if you can't make enough crafts in time.

We're going to go by the total number of people signed up on the first page, so we'll all know how many goodies to bring.

Hope this helps...if I'm wrong on any of this anyone, please correct me!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Loading the Film - Tutorial Trailer
Pre Production for the Teaser
The Finish Line
Early Production Meetings
How to Put together the 16mm Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...