A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DFW Craftsters Meet, Greet, and Swap!  (Read 44051 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006 08:54:29 AM »

Ooohhh!  Never thought of using those scents before.  This is why I like special orders!  I get so boring with my own ideas.  This should be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fractalash
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006 11:52:44 AM »

i'm soooooooooo looking forward to it, girlies! i'm also going to try to coax a couple of fellow craftistas i know offline into joining us.

between building a house and getting married this last year, my craftiness has been woefully absent from daily life and i'm so glad to be getting back into the swing of things. okay, so, i'm new to jewelry making so i think my crafty craft contribution will be sassy earrings... everybody have pierced ears capable of sporting home made earrings? everything i use is hypoallergenic, of course, so you'll all be fine provided you don't have one of those 'gold only' earholes i hear about. i've been getting some really fun stuff to work lately and i can't wait to share with you all.

i'll sense for the crafty vibe eminating from the foodcourt and see you all in two weeks. looking forward to learning lots of new skeeelz from all you b@d@asses!

viva le craft!

ashley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what?!?! you want to trade me some cool stuff for all this extra fabric i have??
http://www.craftster.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1745&sort=1&cat=21&page=1

oh yeah - come hang with us DFW crafty types!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.0
DLSDesigns
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006 08:42:12 PM »

I live in Dallas, but I just joined crafster a little while ago. Can I come? I don't want to say definitely yes until it gets closer, but I would really like to come. I used to live in Arlington and for a while I commuted there everyday, so driving out to FW isn't too bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serialcrafter

but I want to help!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006 08:49:50 PM »

I'm coming from Dallas too.  Hope to see you there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006 09:34:34 PM »

Oh! I really want to come...have to ask the boss if I can take off early...I am so excited to meet fellow crafty people! Oh, what to make?...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006 09:59:24 PM »

Great, 2 more!  We'd love you meet you (the more the merrier)....just let us know for sure when you are coming, so we can all craft a small gift and expect you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006 01:23:18 PM »

OK, I am definatly going! I will probably make earrings (sorry to ruin the surprise!) but I want to use up some findings I already have and they are silver plated...is this going to be ok for everyone? and PM me if you have specific color choices (I have TONS of beads to use up, so I'll probably have the colors you want!) I can't wait for next sat!!
Jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
katie_ramone9
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006 02:03:53 PM »

I wish I could come but I live all the way in McKinney and asking my mom to drive me all the way to Fort Worth might be a little much.  But I'll ask her anyways..she might want to stay with me though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006 02:15:08 PM by katie_ramone9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006 02:42:47 PM »

Hey, BRING your mom!  She'll either see all of us kooky crafters and think that she'd better stick around, or she'll see that as nutty as we are, we're really harmless and go off shopping in the mall!

Either way, it's worth a shot!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006 02:49:09 PM »

I thought of something funny...

We should all dress up in our quirkiest-crafty-crazy-lady (or man) clothes for the meet-up.  That way, we'll know right off that someone has come to join in the group!

Maybe wearing as much hand-made stuff as possible...like I'd wear my red felted hat, OY's necklace & earrings, PAKnitchick's crocheted fulled house shoes and apron, etc. 

Unless someone has just really poor taste and we confuse them for a Craftster-holic, we would all certainly know each other from afar!!!   Grin

Now, that's just an idea...I don't know if y'all are too shy to do that, but at least it WILL be close to Halloween...so people would just think we were doing it for that!

Any takers?

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sharpening Photos For Both Web and Print
How to Draw Sponge Bob
How to Draw Snow White
How to Draw Silversmith
How to Draw Sierra
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...