A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,679
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poncho Knit-Along  (Read 7383 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 04, 2004 11:13:31 PM »

I'm jumping on the poncho train (I just got the pattern for the funky poncho at http://www.mofodesign.com/MoFo2Go.html under the knit patterns button) and wondered if anyone was up for a knit-along. 

I figure everyone could just do whatever kind of poncho they wanted--something from craftster or elsewhere.  Or make up your own!  So this could be open to knitters and crocheters; anybody that wants to join.

Any takers?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkshirepudding
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004 08:49:58 AM »

Hi Wootwoot,

I'm in.  I just bought the yarn for this yesterday.  However, before I totally commit, I may be delayed as I think I bought the wrong type of yarn.  I couldn't find the recommended one.

Can you help me figure out whether it'll work?  I posted a shot of the yarn on my blog - http://passioknit.blogspot.com

It is a beautiful poncho.  I hope it'll work with the yarn as it just so lush and soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004 08:53:24 AM »

well, considering that I was just about to start a poncho...  I'm in!   Cheesy  maybe this will keep me motivated.

this is what I'm knitting, but in a cream color (because I have it already and I'm never going to use it, I'd much prefer black)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12387.0
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004 09:39:40 AM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LisaMarie

Everybody's got their something

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004 01:35:57 PM »

I'm in, although I don't really have a pattern. I'm just knitting a big rectangle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wootwoot

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004 02:43:46 PM »

Hi Wootwoot,

I'm in.  I just bought the yarn for this yesterday.  However, before I totally commit, I may be delayed as I think I bought the wrong type of yarn.  I couldn't find the recommended one.

Can you help me figure out whether it'll work?  I posted a shot of the yarn on my blog - http://passioknit.blogspot.com

It is a beautiful poncho.  I hope it'll work with the yarn as it just so lush and soft.

I might be a little bit delayed, too.  The yarn that I thought was going to work is probably not, so I'm looking for a new one.  I'll let you know when I find a good one.  I found a little bit of the Katia Twist on ebay, but only 2 skeins, and not the color that I want.  Basically I'm looking for the cheapest yarn that I can find that will work.   

I don't know if the Filtes King yarn will work or not, although that would be awesome.  It looks so soft and I love wool.  I guess you could try it and if it doesn't seem to be working out you could frog it and save it for another project. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkshirepudding
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004 02:54:08 PM »

Wootwoot, the yarn is just divine.  It's knits up beautiful in stockinette stitch. I think I'll try it and just see what happens.

Btw, I was in a yarn store today and I asked about Katia.  She didn't have it, but recommended this - http://www.yarns-and.com/FiltesKing/FKkikki.htm ... I think.  It's very similar to the Katia.

HTH.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004 03:47:35 PM »

Wootwoot, the yarn is just divine.  It's knits up beautiful in stockinette stitch. I think I'll try it and just see what happens.

Btw, I was in a yarn store today and I asked about Katia.  She didn't have it, but recommended this - http://www.yarns-and.com/FiltesKing/FKkikki.htm ... I think.  It's very similar to the Katia.

HTH.

Oh, wow.  That yarn is beautiful.  But about a zillion dollars out of my price range.  $72/ball seems a little crazy.  I'm kind of having to go economy on this one.  I'm going to the store tomorrow to see if I can find something I can use. 

But once I make my first million, I'm definitely going to pick me up some of that FiltesKing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004 03:50:22 PM »

Okay, everybody, glad that people are interested.  I even made a button for the knit-along, which you can use if you want to link to this thread.  I just wanted one for my blog because I'm a little bit of a button junkie. 

If you do decide to use it, please don't hotlink. 

I can't wait to see everybody's ponchos.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkshirepudding
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004 06:58:35 PM »

Wootwoot, I have a feeling that price is wrong.  I can find it for $7.25CDN, so for the US you're probably looking somewhere between $4 to $5.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004 01:09:16 PM »

well, I'm over half done on my poncho.  I have one rectangle done and about 1/4 of the other.  I can't wait to get it done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salman Rushdie and Christopher Hitchens Discuss Hitch 22
Harold Bloom on Shakespeare, Strangeness, and Meaning
Aaron Sorkin Shares His Writing Process
"Does This Baby Make Me Look Straight?" Author Interview
Historian Barry Strauss Discusses the 5 Stages of War
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...