A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,850
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paris Loop  (Read 12973 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewinmamato4
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2004 09:48:54 AM »

Makes me wish I could knit Cry. Im a bf mama too, and it would be great for winter! Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2004 10:05:43 AM »

Makes me wish I could knit Cry. Im a bf mama too, and it would be great for winter! Amy

can you crochet? i see no reason you couldn't adapt this very easily to crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
jerseygrrrl
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2004 07:36:20 AM »

there's a sewn poncho in the latest issue of Bust. Seems pretty easy, although I don't sew, so I'm not sure.  Maybe you could try that. Wish I could sew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2004 04:43:48 PM »

Howdy, Paris Loop-ers!  I know it's late in the game, but I'm going to join the knit-along.  I bought my yarn for the project today - 3 skeins of Crystal Palace Musique, which is a lovely wool/cotton/acrylic blend and is multi-colored (red/orange/burgundy etc.).  I think the gauge matches the Cicco pretty well (neither of my LYS's have the Cicco).  I was thinking of using Berocco Softy, but on the advice of 615bride (and after checking it out more closely in the LYS today) I decided it was not really going to work - it's too thin overall, as 615bride observed.  I will probably cast on this weekend (or possibly sooner) and will keep y'all posted on how it's going!  I'm excited after seeing how some of them have turned out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
mochacaremel
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2004 10:39:11 AM »

615bride, I am still here, still reading and still not finished with my Paris Loop that I started ages ago. I think your Loop looks awesome and I am so jealous I didn't do mine in red. Yours looks positively ravishing.

Here is the problem with mine, I think I must have um, done something wrong, but I don't care because I can't stand knitting with the Gedifra Cicco. It is too slippery for me. And it seems to take forever to knit!

But I am not stopping, nor frogging. I hope to be done with it before hubby and I make our Italy trip next week!

I will post a picture so you guys can see how it turned out, but I am warning you, I know I have turned my project inside out at least twice, so my knit versus purl stitches are not going to look like the instructions. But oh well!

Mocha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annalou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2004 10:03:31 PM »

Greetings All,

Long time in coming, but here's the pic of mine.

AnnaLou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When's the last time you were inspired?
gloriana
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2004 05:50:40 PM »

lovely yarn, annalou!  what kind did you use?  nice job; it looks very warm...  I'm wondering, for all y'all who have made the Loop - did you block it when done?  Mine is finished but I'm wondering whether or not to block it.  (I posted this question on the Completed Projects board too).  I will post a photo of my finished Loop soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
615bride
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2004 02:13:08 PM »

Gloriana - I diodn't block and you can see that it turned out fine (pic on pg 5).

Thanks Mocha! Can't wait to see yours....

Annalou - looks great!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

annalou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2004 03:57:07 PM »

lovely yarn, annalou! what kind did you use? nice job; it looks very warm... I'm wondering, for all y'all who have made the Loop - did you block it when done? Mine is finished but I'm wondering whether or not to block it. (I posted this question on the Completed Projects board too). I will post a photo of my finished Loop soon.

Thanks.  I used double strands of Lions Brand Homespun until the final bit when I went to 1 strand.  I modified the pattern a bit--adding the slits so I could move my hands and adding a ribbing at the top so that it would keep my neck a bit warmer.  I didn't block it, and all has been well--great for fall weather.

Anna Lou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When's the last time you were inspired?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon G10: Set Delete Function
Canon G10: Set Auto Mode Function
Canon G10: Set Aperture Priority (Av) Function
Canon G10: Set for Sunset Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...