A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poncho Knit-Along  (Read 7433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 04, 2004 11:13:31 PM »

I'm jumping on the poncho train (I just got the pattern for the funky poncho at http://www.mofodesign.com/MoFo2Go.html under the knit patterns button) and wondered if anyone was up for a knit-along. 

I figure everyone could just do whatever kind of poncho they wanted--something from craftster or elsewhere.  Or make up your own!  So this could be open to knitters and crocheters; anybody that wants to join.

Any takers?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkshirepudding
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004 08:49:58 AM »

Hi Wootwoot,

I'm in.  I just bought the yarn for this yesterday.  However, before I totally commit, I may be delayed as I think I bought the wrong type of yarn.  I couldn't find the recommended one.

Can you help me figure out whether it'll work?  I posted a shot of the yarn on my blog - http://passioknit.blogspot.com

It is a beautiful poncho.  I hope it'll work with the yarn as it just so lush and soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004 08:53:24 AM »

well, considering that I was just about to start a poncho...  I'm in!   Cheesy  maybe this will keep me motivated.

this is what I'm knitting, but in a cream color (because I have it already and I'm never going to use it, I'd much prefer black)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12387.0
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004 09:39:40 AM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LisaMarie

Everybody's got their something

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004 01:35:57 PM »

I'm in, although I don't really have a pattern. I'm just knitting a big rectangle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wootwoot

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004 02:43:46 PM »

Hi Wootwoot,

I'm in.  I just bought the yarn for this yesterday.  However, before I totally commit, I may be delayed as I think I bought the wrong type of yarn.  I couldn't find the recommended one.

Can you help me figure out whether it'll work?  I posted a shot of the yarn on my blog - http://passioknit.blogspot.com

It is a beautiful poncho.  I hope it'll work with the yarn as it just so lush and soft.

I might be a little bit delayed, too.  The yarn that I thought was going to work is probably not, so I'm looking for a new one.  I'll let you know when I find a good one.  I found a little bit of the Katia Twist on ebay, but only 2 skeins, and not the color that I want.  Basically I'm looking for the cheapest yarn that I can find that will work.   

I don't know if the Filtes King yarn will work or not, although that would be awesome.  It looks so soft and I love wool.  I guess you could try it and if it doesn't seem to be working out you could frog it and save it for another project. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkshirepudding
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004 02:54:08 PM »

Wootwoot, the yarn is just divine.  It's knits up beautiful in stockinette stitch. I think I'll try it and just see what happens.

Btw, I was in a yarn store today and I asked about Katia.  She didn't have it, but recommended this - http://www.yarns-and.com/FiltesKing/FKkikki.htm ... I think.  It's very similar to the Katia.

HTH.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004 03:47:35 PM »

Wootwoot, the yarn is just divine.  It's knits up beautiful in stockinette stitch. I think I'll try it and just see what happens.

Btw, I was in a yarn store today and I asked about Katia.  She didn't have it, but recommended this - http://www.yarns-and.com/FiltesKing/FKkikki.htm ... I think.  It's very similar to the Katia.

HTH.

Oh, wow.  That yarn is beautiful.  But about a zillion dollars out of my price range.  $72/ball seems a little crazy.  I'm kind of having to go economy on this one.  I'm going to the store tomorrow to see if I can find something I can use. 

But once I make my first million, I'm definitely going to pick me up some of that FiltesKing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004 03:50:22 PM »

Okay, everybody, glad that people are interested.  I even made a button for the knit-along, which you can use if you want to link to this thread.  I just wanted one for my blog because I'm a little bit of a button junkie. 

If you do decide to use it, please don't hotlink. 

I can't wait to see everybody's ponchos.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yorkshirepudding
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004 06:58:35 PM »

Wootwoot, I have a feeling that price is wrong.  I can find it for $7.25CDN, so for the US you're probably looking somewhere between $4 to $5.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004 01:09:16 PM »

well, I'm over half done on my poncho.  I have one rectangle done and about 1/4 of the other.  I can't wait to get it done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Supervillain Origins: The Vulture
Supervillain Origins: The Lizard
Supervillain Origins: Carnage
Learn About Spiderman Comic Books
A Guide to the World of Batman
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...