A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help for frou frou  (Read 4353 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silverowl
« on: October 06, 2006 11:02:41 AM »

can anyone help me understand the instructions for doing the fronts. I have done the back, sleeves and collar but don't get the front directions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zeeblebee
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006 12:40:09 AM »

What part specifically do you not get?

The front is worked in two seperate parts. one side is started just off from the centre, working along the neck edge until you get to the part for the arms. The flap you are creating is decreased along the neck edge to create the shape. Then the other side is worked.

3 and 4 are interchangeable.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/49590froufrouexplaingood.JPG
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 07:09:34 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working imgs to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
silverowl
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006 01:09:48 AM »

Thanks for replying, my problem is with the decreasing instructions. I have a first edition book, which I know had a lot of errors. My instructions read
first front 
 Next row.-  skip 28 ch 1 sp join in yarn and make 35 ch 1 sp (which I get). However the next 2 rows confuse me.
Next row.- Ch 2 (dec made) how is this a decrease? continue in gsp till end finishing with 34 ch 1 spaces. (I still have 35 at this stage?)
Next row.- Work in gsp till last two stitchs sctog to dec, my instructions say I should have 35 ch1 spaces (but I was meant to have 34 on the last row. I am so confused can you help me please!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zeeblebee
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006 01:13:13 AM »

It isn't relevant here, but make sure that you check out the errata if you haven't already.

I gotta admit that it has been a little while since I made Frou Frou, but by chaining two and going straight into the next 1ch space you have skipped the first sc, decreasing the row my one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
junelaurel

"Giraffes..giraffes...I like them...ask me why..."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006 08:33:19 AM »

I'm having the same difficulty with frou frou.  The "Ch 2 (dec made)" doesn't make any sense to me, since that's how the GSP was worked even for the rest of the sweater.  I tried skipping the first sc, but then the neck edge has huge gaps from the ch 2 spaces.  Does it work out when the trim is added on?  Any other suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silverowl
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006 11:14:51 AM »

Hi sorry to hear you are having the same problem understanding the pattern, I am no further on and have been on several sites asking for help but have had very little response. If I get any or you have a break through please let me know.

merry meet and merry part,
until we merry meet again

Silverowl
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006 10:05:43 AM by silverowl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006 09:02:18 PM »

I sure hope someone who's made this can help because i am having all the same problems you are, silverowl. I may be more confused than you actually. In addition to all the things you mentioned I am confused about the following:

(fot any kind soul that is willing to help:) When I am beginning my first front piece onto my sweater, do i start it on top of the whole collar- as i show in my crappy illustration?

I just can't picture how the collar would fold if i started the first front on top of it and the illustration in the book is confusing because it tells me my collar should be a triangle AND i suppose it's telling me that the collar should be folded out of the way before beginning the first front.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
zeeblebee
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006 10:52:37 PM »

If I am reading correctly anakarina, that is where it is joined. The cowly bits from the front fold over with the cowly bits of the back creating a smooth collar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silverowl
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006 01:31:34 PM »

Hi Anakarina, I also followed the instructions (ignoring the decrease that didn't happen)  but I also had a gap and found the collar bunched up into some kind of hood. The collar looked better before i started adding bits on so I undid it and have got no further with it.

Merry meet and merry part,
until we merry meet again.

Silverowl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006 07:55:11 PM »

thank you, zeeblebee, I'm still confused but I think i'll continue on with it and see if it comes out right!

keep trying silverowl!!! if any of us finished it/figures it out- post experience in this thread.

-ana karina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jon Scieszka Reads from Truckery Rhymes
Crossing the Tracks Book Trailer
Rick Springfield Talks About Late, Late at Night Part 2
Blood Ties Book Trailer
David Grann Reveals His Previous Occupation
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...