A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Japanese Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 12944 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gumshoegal
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006 02:02:08 PM »

here is what H_Pet360 sent me

i loved everything thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Odri
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006 03:17:11 PM »

Wow those kimono coasters are so cute Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006 04:08:48 PM »

Wow - you guys both have great stuff. I like the kimono coasters. That was a cute idea.  Smiley 

I think those little dolls might be Korean?? They are wearing the right colors and style of dress for it. Lovely though.  [I have a bachelors in Japan Studies so please excuse my annoying precise-ness; I'm a dork  Tongue] I have a similar one that my friend brought back from South Korea for me.

H_Pet360: Can you tell us what you sent? I love the bamboo print - is that a wall hanging? And what is the silver stuff in the little bag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006 08:04:25 PM »

The thing with Totoro is a felt covered bulletin board.  The bamboo print is a wall hanging.  It was a piece of fabric I really really liked, and had been saving forever to do something cool with.  I thought about pillows, I thought about appliqueing it to something else...  After I made the bulletin board, I decided to make it into a wall hanging.  The little gray thing is an attempt at a Totoro-esque bead.  It's about an inch tall.  The pastel rainbow thing with the large-eyed frog thing is a small purse, knitted on the smallest needles I've ever used.  It's home to my first knitted button hole.  The silver things in the bag are just snaps --- I picked 'em up (along with some nifty variagated yarn that I kept  Roll Eyes ) at a store in Chicago's chinatown area.  There should be a coupla Pucca stickers in there too.  I hope I didn't leave 'em out.  I've been kind of scatterbrained lately.

Yeah, those coasters are awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
gumshoegal
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006 08:14:53 PM »

i'm glad you like the coasters .  thank you again for everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShaynaYasha
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006 06:02:04 PM »

Hi guys   Grin   Kairichan got the package I sent her, but her camera batteries are dead... but lucky for everyone I took LOTS of pics before I went to the post office.   Cheesy
  Here's the lot....
  Here is a Maneki Neko (lucky cat) plush pillow.  It's left paw is up to represent good fortune (who couldn't use more of that)  Tongue  It's hard to tell, but the gold coin is embroidered in black seed beads.
  Maneki Neko tushie.  Shocked
  Micro-beaded round altoid tin with 3 geisha's, felted bottom & feather side trim.
Cabochon magnets in said tin.
  Extra large messanger bag, perfect for carrying cosplay outfits.  The lining & the front flap have a pretty pink silk Japanese theme.
Back of bag.
Magnet closure under front flap.
Homemade sushi candles.  Only four made it out of the molds alive.  Sushi bandaids & Japanese candies, Pocky, cookies & fruit snacks.   Well, that's everything.  Hope you enjoy, Kairichan   Grin
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 08:48:57 AM by ShaynaYasha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

""Mother is the name of God on the lips and hearts of all children."- Eric Draven"
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006 04:42:06 AM »

eeeeeehhhhhhh  Shocked

That stuff looks great! What a wonderful package. Kairichan is such a lucky girl!!

The candles and messenger bag as especially sugoiiiiiii!

Kawaii desu ne!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006 06:05:42 AM »

Very cute stuff! Those candles are exquisite! (and the maneki neko is really adorable!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006 12:38:58 PM »

So I got my absolutely fantastic package from Odri today! (I've got to get crackin' on hers!).... This is one of those days where I actually LIKE Canada Post... she only sent it yesterday! Woo!

Anyway, down to businness, here's a (very bad) picture of the (very good) stuff she got me!)

That would be a map/flyer from Akihabara (Japanese city!), a sushi bracelet (with matching earrings!), a street stylin' necklace (with matching earrings!... off my wists!), bookmarks of some classic Japanese art, some Japanese sweet stuff (chocolate AND strawberry Pocky, Yan Yan dip, and Look - which apparently tastes like ice cream... sounds interesting!), AND... painted shoes! (I LOVE all the painted shoes I've been seeing on craftster, and these are so perfect for me! It's like a cute godzilla destroying Tokyo). 

Here's a closeup of the shoes! (Do you know what the little man is saying?  I picture "AHH. Godzilla!". But I might be wrong Wink

And a closeup of the sushi bracelet/earrings!

As for the other things, I couldn't get good closeup pictures, because it's very dim in my room and my camera is not very good... hopefully Odri did!

(She got my interests SO well! Thanks so much Odri!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006 01:16:15 PM »

I hope there is a round 3  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read a Target Using Adobe Lightroom
How to Read a Target Using Photoshop Raw
Photo Retouching and Compositing Examples
Getting More Out of Lightroom 2
Clarity Setting in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...