A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Storm from X-men NOW WITH PICS  (Read 9357 times)
Tags for this thread: xmen  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

evil_plan_z

I got the blues, the yellows, and the purples

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2006 08:44:36 PM »

Yay HERE IT IS !!!

Me at the Kenyan Embassy, Storm descened from Kenyans

Me and more XMEN

My Costume in ACTION

UPDATE:
Making the Cape :
I used a black plastic table cloth, and I cut it up and trimmed it with yellow duct tape

I made two

Then I used some black and yellow fun foam sheets to make the cuffs, XMEN insignias for a belt and to attach the cape.

Here's the belt and the leggings and shirt I am going to wear:

Here's what the cape should look like hanging: I just played around with it , I put the X I made on to a button I alread had, and then I pinned the button to the cape, then I will pin the button to my shirt so the cape will stay on. Heres a close up:

Heres one of the cuffs, made from fun foam and duct tape, white hair spray, silver hair spray, and some glow in the dark earrings:

The Tiara: made from black fun foam

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006 05:53:25 PM by evil_plan_z » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patrick: I'll tell you a little story called "The Ugly Barnacle": Once there was a very ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everybody died. The End.
LunaBlueStar

Hip Like Badass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006 09:01:26 PM »

I dunno I would go with a wig, it would be the easier route.  There are some pretty good ones out there...especially online.  Plus the head piece will hide the wig line.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Better to be hated for who you are, then loved for who you're not.
phreeduh
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006 10:01:57 PM »

haha carry a spray bottle with a fan on it, you should be able to get it cheap since summers over.

oh, it would be awesome if you could get those contact lens that make your eyes solid white!

I used shoe polish to put white streaks in my hair before, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to wash out if you put it in your whole head.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's a hole in the bottom of the sea. did you know?
Amara
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006 08:30:03 AM »

Yay for X-Men! I've been trying to get my friends to go as the X-Men for a while, but we're never organized enough by the time Halloween rolls around.

For Storm, I don't think a white wig would look too cheesy: Storm's hair sometimes does look like a crappy wig. ;-)

I like your idea of yellow electrical tape for accents; it's a good idea.

Post finished pictures of you and your friends?

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evil_plan_z

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006 08:46:22 AM »

I think I figured out how to solve the white hair dilemma, I am going to attach (braid?) fake white hair, around my hair line, pin my hair down, put the head band thing on to cover where the white hair attaches  and let the white hair fall over my real hair, do y'all think this will work ? does it make sense ?  Huh here's a pic the red hair is the fake white hair, and the black is my hair on the first head, and in the second one, its the headband.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patrick: I'll tell you a little story called "The Ugly Barnacle": Once there was a very ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everybody died. The End.
bombgirl

i subscribe to the george lass work ethic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006 08:58:19 AM »

i was going to suggest something like the red hair one but i was going to say to take white yarn and attach it to a head band made of pantyhose (so it fits snug) and the wear that over your hair

maybe braid the yarn or use diff textures so it looks cool
you could go all around the band or just on the top part

maybe bobby pin it/clip it also over your hair so it stays in place (so you can wear your hair out and forgo the bun so it looks smoother)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLICKR!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupcakesrevenge/<br /><br />inspiration and desires... www.wists.com/bombgirl<br /><br />craft blog! (if you\'re my swap partner, NO PEEKING!) <br />http://yourfaceiswhereblogsgotodie.blogspot.com/
Ezri_B
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006 09:02:19 AM »

I think it's a good idea, I just don't know how happy you will be with it in the long run.

The white part will cover your hair, probably at first, but it will keep shuffling around and your underneat hair will definitely show through during the night, even if you attatch a TON of white hair to the front. I know you don't want to hear this, but I would go with a white wig.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bombgirl

i subscribe to the george lass work ethic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006 09:37:08 AM »

hmm if you don't mind your black hair showing through a bit you can braid teh white hair from the headband into your hair in places. would have a cool effect
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLICKR!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupcakesrevenge/<br /><br />inspiration and desires... www.wists.com/bombgirl<br /><br />craft blog! (if you\'re my swap partner, NO PEEKING!) <br />http://yourfaceiswhereblogsgotodie.blogspot.com/
evil_plan_z

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006 03:45:09 PM »

I found some colored hair spray , I bought a can of white and a can of silver, hopefully it will work out well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woahitsmikayla
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006 05:31:16 PM »

OHHH I'm so being Storm too!
Only mine is from the cartoons.
The first cartoons at least with the white outfit
For the hair I'm going with a white wig!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie-Dye a T-Shirt
How Design Strategist Builds Creative Skills
What Makes Product Design Work Meaningful
Design Week Columbus 2012
Waterfall Swing Designed in Brooklyn
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...