A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Fairs?  (Read 2017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DancingDiva
This is not a dream

All that glitters is usually stuck in my carpet.

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2003 09:50:49 AM »

For the past two years, I have had a small business making costumes and jewelry geared towards belly dancers & "cabaret" dancers.  I'm ready to move into something different, and I'm looking at expanding my jewelry line.

I've found that jewelry doesn't sell well on ebay, so I'm seriously considering going to a few craft fairs during the next year, to see how I do.   I'm interested in the craft shows which are different - alternative - funky.

I'm also curious about renting space in an antique/craft mall. Has anyone had experience with those?

Has anyone had experience with fairs? Do you know of any online listings of them?   Any advice?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I admit, I went over to the dark side. But just to pick up a few things and now I'm back.
lexscreations
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003 04:02:16 AM »

I have had some experience with craft fairs...where you look for listings depends on how much money you have (or how much you're selling your items for).  Some fairs are a few hundred bucks for a table/booth; others (the ones I can do) are much smaller-scale, but only $20 or so.  There are online databases that you can pay to subscribe to, and I actually made the mistake of doing that before I realized that the better fairs for me--the small local ones--aren't even in there.  They just post fliers in the library and ads in the local newspaper and such.  So it all depends on what you're looking for.  Smiley

Anyway, they are absolutely worth doing, regardless.  Even if you hit a crappy sales day, they are really really good for networking!  I've made a lot of fellow vendor friends at fairs who let me know about other fairs and things like that, and then I get a lot of people who call me up after having grabbed my business card at a fair, etc etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographer Bryant Austin Reveals His Whale Photography Techniques
High School Senior Portraits Go Upscale
The Sartorialist Sizzle Reel
Photographing in Places of Worship - Photography Tips
Capturing Details in Architecture Photography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...