A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog Mini Disc Case  (Read 4508 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miss helen
« on: December 29, 2003 07:21:42 PM »

Twas the day before Christmas and Miss Helen realised that she had given her boyfriend almost all of his christmas presents for his birthday(it was on the 13th, and they were Hamtaro toys! Yes, we're 23. Oops!), so she set about on a project to make up for her palty selection even though she knew he would think her silly for feeling bad for not giving a large bounty of gifts!
*switches out of third person*
So, using  a nifty freeware cross stitch pattern maker, I made a chart of Sonic the Hedgehog and set about knitting a bag for his mini disc player. I looked up the measurements online and did a quick guage check and knitted. I was shocked that nothing had gone wrong, but when it was done I tried to block it(it was 100% acrylic), with steam on a very low setting through a towl. I'm not sure how, but it melted it, and it was sad, but not dead, so I made a lining for it with cotton fabric and sewed it in and crochetted round the outside rim, sewed on some press studs to hold the flap down and crocheted a little handle. The boy was chuffed, and I was really proud of my skills.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 02:08:09 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

abricot
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003 07:37:08 PM »

Ha! I was browsing the recent posts and saw a picture of your case and I could not help but to scream "OMG IT IS SONIC!!!" Woo! Sonic rocks! and so does the mini disc case!! What a talented lady you are... Myself, I am a bit afraid to try knitting designs... Where did you find the cross-stitch pattern maker? I've been wanting to get over my fears and do an ode to Atari in some form of a knitted item...

oh and nothing wrong about 23 + toys... I am 23 and I got plushies and action figures for x-mas... whee! Now if only someone would have thought to give me a little Sonic bag  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
thewalrusisme
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003 07:49:11 PM »

good deal Miss Helen, and extra points for matching my pillow:

http://www.craftster.org/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=1201;start=msg7366#msg7366

we can collaborate and sell sonic gift sets!!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning.  My definition ends there.  It doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define." ~ A.Difranco
miss helen
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003 08:10:24 PM »

Walrus: That is so cute! I really should make one of those.
There used to be a sega world in sydney, but it was expensive and we didn't get around to going until it was in the last week and their gift shop was closed Sad
Abricot: Thanks so much! Sonic is so great. I'm a big fan of him. Atari  knitting would be awesome, too! I remember on lj knitting there was a girl who once mentioned she was making a pitfall bag, but I might have missed it  Undecided The xstitch pattern maker, is here http://www.creativeaddiction.com/printnstitch.htm. It is old and cute. Before you do intarsia, you'd probably be best to do a bit of reading on it, it takes a while to get your tension in carrying the yarn right. Be sure to tell us how your atari project goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Finish Up a Portrait Drawing
The Fibonacci Project
Revolutionary Art in Cuba Since 1867
What Is Pysanky Ukrainian Art
The History of Cuban Art - Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...