A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another Poncho  (Read 2052 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bellisima
« on: September 02, 2004 09:09:09 PM »

When the 14 y/o declared after the 1st day of school "If I don't have a poncho to wear skating on Friday I'll DIE, " I decided that my crocheting skill was actually a life saver & not just a hobby. So, here's my 1st attempt. It took me 2 1/2 days to work up the whole thing. I kind of like it - she loves it (plus now she won't die) - I'd like to make another & fine tune it a bit.
The pattern I used was a simple granny:
http://www.bybetseyann.com/GrannyPonchos.pdf

This particular pattern has a lot of options which I really liked. I used worsted weight Red Heart acrylic in pink & cream (it looks yellow in the pic-that's just the camera) & an I hook. I wanted to put fringe on it but she said "NO!" so here's the unfringed version.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Bowmey/DaniellePoncho3.jpg

and one more with the ever lovely & always photogenic model (who, thankfully, will live to see another day)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Bowmey/DaniellePoncho4.jpg
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 08:19:12 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hudelei
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004 08:20:53 AM »

Hey, that looks really cool!  And of course the main thing is that your daughter didn't die!

Is fringe out with kids her age, do you think?  Every time I get to the end of a poncho or shawl these days, I have to ask myself the fringe question.  I can't tell if fringe is an individual preference thing or if there is starting to be a definite movement towards no fringe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovemyff
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004 12:09:48 PM »

Nice poncho. You are lucky you have such a grateful daughter. I knitted my fingers to the bone making my 6 year old a poncho and the little ingrate won't wear it. Please tell me they appreciate mom more as they age.

Kara
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bellisima
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004 01:55:15 PM »

Hey, that looks really cool!  And of course the main thing is that your daughter didn't die!

Is fringe out with kids her age, do you think?  Every time I get to the end of a poncho or shawl these days, I have to ask myself the fringe question.  I can't tell if fringe is an individual preference thing or if there is starting to be a definite movement towards no fringe.

I had voted to fringe this one but was told that fringe is <ahem> "old" Personally, I love the fringe. Then again, I'm 37 - I think to a 14 y/o that makes me old, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bellisima
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004 01:59:58 PM »

Nice poncho. You are lucky you have such a grateful daughter. I knitted my fingers to the bone making my 6 year old a poncho and the little ingrate won't wear it. Please tell me they appreciate mom more as they age.

Kara

Well, I think she loved it because everyone @ school had one. At 14, she & all her friends are little fashionistas. Although I do hafta say that she really did appreciate it. I felt really good about that. Your time will come I'm pretty sure...just wait.  She will appreciate you ... then again she'll also want to drive & bring boys home. I think it's a trade off...LOL
And PS....I can soo appreciate knitting your fingers to the bone. I've tried & tried & tried some more to knit-it feels like I'm all thumbs. All I can do is crochet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Managing Large Files in CS4
Brush Resize in Photoshop CS4
Enhanced Smart Objects - PSCS4 Sneak Peek
Printing - PSCS4 Sneak Peek
Camera Raw 5.0 - PSCS4 Sneak Peek
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...