A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Fibre/Fiber Swap - Finished  (Read 4120 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Velvet Rose
« on: October 04, 2006 03:49:17 AM »

(Thanks to loves_to_ experiment for large sections of this swap writeup.)

Swap name: Ongoing Fibre/Fiber Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: enchanted_wool
Sign-up date range: 4th October-30th November
Date to send out by: 1 week after making a claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages (need parent's permission if under 16)

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions: YES
- Has been a member for at least one month:
- Has posted at least 15 times:
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time:
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps:
- Does not have any negative feedback:

DETAILS OF SWAP:
If you are a fibreholic this is the swap for you! 

For each claim, you will get to select a total of 3 1/2 oz (100g) of fiber/fibre (in the form of two 1 3/4oz (50g) lots OR 3 1/2 oz (100g) lot).  In return, you will then be required to post a list and photos of at least six different fiber options that you have available for someone else to claim. This can include bags of mixed fibre or bags of embellishments.

NUMBER OF CLAIMS
The amount of claims you are allowed is based on your craftster and swapping status; new swappers get one claim, non-FOCs get 2 claims and FOCs get 3 claims.

RULES:
1.  You may not participate in this swap until you have been pre-approved by the swap organizer and are listed on the List of Approved Swappers. If youre thinking about participating, go for it and get pre-approved. By doing so, youll be ready to make a claim when you see something you like

2.  You must have ready access to a camera and know how to post pictures in the swap thread.  Please make sure you have your list (either links or pictures) of fibres available when you start swapping!  You may also choose the option of posting links to your available fiber/fibre.  If you do that, please make sure that your links work!   

3. You will need to have a minimum of six different fiber options available for others to claim. Each option can be one type of fibre or you can put together a sampler pack or bag of embellishments for felting/spinning weighing 50g (1 3/4oz). Please offer try to include a variety of fibers in your list.  

4.  All participants must be willing to ship to international destinations.  Since were only sending a total of 100g of fibre, shipping costs should be pretty reasonable. Please pack the fiber in a post bag rather than as boxes weigh a lot more.

5.  After a claim has been made, you have seven (7) days to mail your package!  Check out the second post of this swap thread to know when your swap packages are due.

6. Delivery Confirmation Numbers will be required for swap packages that are being sent within the United States. If youre sending a package to another country, or if you dont reside in the United States, please save your receipts!  Remember to send the DCN info to your swap partner(s) and the organizer .

Shipping Tip for Sending TO Canada: Canadian Customs really, really likes getting their cut ($5 handling fee plus taxes on the declared value). Please remember to mark your customs form with gift and NCV (No Commercial Value) or NA (Not Applicable) when sending to Canada.
For US swappers sending to Canada (thanks to yarncookie for the info): The name of the form is Custom Declaration CN-22 (PS Form 2976) and is green and white. But you have to fill it out at the post office, you can't get it off the usps website.

7.  It is important to communicate with your partners and the organizer.  You must let the organizer and your partner know when you have shipped, received or may be late!  You are still responsible for sending out the swap package in a timely manner!     

HOW TO PLAY:
Step 1.  Send in your answers to the swap questionnaire to get approved for this swap

Step 2.  Prepare your lists and photos of your fiber/fibre so that youll be ready to post the list when you make a claim!  Remember, you need 6 minimum - and mixed packs of fiber/embellishments are ok. Along with a picture, you should describe the colour, type and specify the quantity of each fiber that youre offering. For example:

#1. Natural Brown corriedale - undyed.  400g (3 1/2oz) available.

#2. Blue merino & silk blend. 50g (1 3/4oz) available.

Step 3.  Watch the swap thread for something youll like to claim.  To claim, post a reply along the lines of I claim 50g of #2 and #6 from enchanted_wool's stash.  Then send a PM to the person youve claimed from listing what youve claimed and include your name and mailing address.

Step 4.  Now that youve made a claim, its your turn to post your list and photos of fiber!  If the thread idles for a couple of days, please take the initiative to add more selections to your list!  When someone chooses from your list, you have seven (7) days to get the swap package out the door!

Step 5.  If you have not maxed out on the number of claims you have been approved for, you may keep on claiming.  If you have reached your limit, you will not be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received a swap package from you.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (me!) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE DO NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your full real name:
Mailing address:
Have you read the rules for this swap and understood how this swap works? 
How many fibre options will you be required to showcase when you make a claim?
Do you promise to communicate with your partner(s) and the organizer when you send, recieve or are late?

FIRST TIME SWAPPERS
Please read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please be aware that since this is an ongoing swap, you will not receive positive feedback until the swap ends (the end of October) or you leave this round. If you are waiting for feedback before so you can take part in other swaps I recommend that you sign up for a short term swap to fulfill your new swapper requirements then come in and join the fun here!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006 01:49:06 PM by enchanted_wool » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006 04:29:24 AM »

LIST OF APPROVED SWAPPERS:
enchanted_wool
GraceOblivious
caedara
lexis

# OF CLAIMS & HOW THE CLAIM SYSTEM WORKS
Each person in the swap gets a certain number of claims depending on whether or not they are a Friend of Craftster or a new swapper.

When you have reached your limit of claims you are not able to claim again until one of your swap partners receives a package from you.

Each time one of your partners receives you get a claim back. For example, I have 3 claims and claimed twice, leaving 1 claim available. But one of my partners has received from me so I get a claim back and now have 2 claims.

If your name is in Lime it means you have reached your limit of claims and wont be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received from you.

3 CLAIMS - Friends of Craftster
enchanted_wool - 2 claimed 2 received - has 3 claims available
GraceOblivious - 1 claimed 1 received - has 3 claims available
lexis - 1 claimed 1 received - has 3 claims available

2 CLAIMS - Non Friends of Craftster

1 CLAIM - New Swappers
caedara - 1 claimed 0 sent 1 received - has one claim available

RECORD & SEND OUT DATES:
Blue means Sent
Purple means Received
Orange means late but in communication
Red means late but no communication - contact me ASAP

Send by Oct 16:
enchanted_wool --> GraceOblivious

Send by Oct 19:
GraceOblivious --> enchanted_wool

Send by Oct 23:
enchanted_wool--> lexis
lexis --> caedara
caedara --> enchanted_wool

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006 04:58:13 PM by enchanted_wool » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006 09:52:19 AM »

I wanted to let you lovely ladies know that i am ReEEEally interested in this- but need a bit more time beofre i can sign up.. glad that the deadline is halloween.  Grin by then i should have my sh*t together.  Wink
Am off to insistently buy a digi cam this weekend. I plan on finding a beauty that costs dirt cheap! lol. wish me luck. THEN i can take pics of my stash drawer.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006 01:08:50 PM »

Hi Lexis

No problem - just sign up when it suits you.

If you have access to a scanner you could scan photos of your fibre as an alternative to photographing them. I did that with the yarn swap and they turned out quite well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006 01:12:26 AM »

Ok let's get the ball rolling!

I have 9 beautiful fibres available to claim.

The photos are here:
http://imageevent.com/enchanted_wool/ongoingfibrefiberswap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GraceOblivious
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006 02:42:04 AM »

Wow! a lovely selection.  Difficult to choose.  Will try to get photos of fiber picks from my stash today.  So then I can pick and post selections.  So if anyone else wants in for EWs heads up, the choices will change soon and may not be as wonderous. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
Velvet Rose
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006 03:39:59 AM »

Grace

You and I are the only ones signed up at the moment so feel free to claim away.

I have several hundred grams of most of the wools in my list so there's lots to go round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GraceOblivious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006 05:48:15 AM »

Oh oh, EW, with only two of us signed up, not sure we can proceed.  Will check with Swap mods to see. --- checked with them, they have no problem with starting so will go review your fibers one more time and pick.   Grin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006 10:53:53 AM by GraceOblivious » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GraceOblivious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006 10:11:17 AM »

I claim 3 1/2  ounces of #3 from Enchanted Wool  Multi color merino 100g
== edited to removed the big pics, will repost stuff if I claim again.  Mailed the emerald green roving out to Enchanted Wool on Sat. Oct 14.

I will be out of town and off line from Oct 18 to Oct 27 or 28 so will not be able to swap during that period.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006 05:21:54 PM by GraceOblivious » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexis
dreamer

waist deep

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006 09:53:39 AM »

drool.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Katie Kitamura on Her Novel Gone to the Forest
Kristin Harmel on Writing The Sweetness of Forgetting
Kristin Harmel on Her Inspiration For The Sweetness of Forgetting
Cassandra Clare on Her City of Lost Souls Launch Event
Tinsley Mortimer on Her New Book, Southern Charm
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...