A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
361 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: like black? me too :) (warning: huuuge pics + PATTERN peek!)  (Read 2779 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bellybcn
« on: October 03, 2006 11:12:34 AM »

Hiya all, i've been working on some new bags and am really pleased with how they came out! I'd love to hear what you all think  Cheesy

This first one was inspired by the skull-craze that seems to be going on everywhere i turn! Ooooh, i like ye good ol' piratey goodness as much as the next person  Wink

I'd never really tried appliques before, and so i'm suprisingly pleased with this. I don't know if this type of "reverse" applique has a special name (?) but it seems to work out fantastically for the flap of this bag .... **she says feverishly brainstorming to think of other new ideas/designs to make more!!!**

This next one is a style that i've been perfecting for a while, and finally i think i'm getting there... In my trials, i've found out that a bit of elastic  added hidden into the top seam just above the "pocket" makes a big difference to how it hangs...

This one is quite small, just really for the bare essentials, but I really like the shape. I think that for the next one I'll probably try adding a sort of "spine" (gusset?) between the front and back piece of the pocket, which should add extra stashing space  Grin Grin Grin

If anyones interested, here are pics of the pattern pieces for this second one... (separate pieces and then showing how they fit together):

Thanks for looking... and please do let me know if any of you have a shot at the hip-pocket-thang! Goes without saying, I'd be pleased to help if you have any queries about how it fits together  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006 01:02:54 AM by bellybcn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...Oh, the THINKS you can think up if you only try!

Mela
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006 12:44:08 PM »

Very cool!  I love the ipod pouch!  The pleat detail makes it look very professional!  Thank you for sharing the pattern! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eggnogstic
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006 02:24:19 PM »

Ohhhhh!  That little pouch is something that I've been wanting to make for a million years!  I only have a ton of friends that would love to recieve something like that for giftus, because it's easier to shake your butt when you're hands are free!  something to hold credit card, money, drivers licence, keys and maybe a few business cards.  BRILLIANT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I shall not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
ica_grnKhameleon

I see a green chameleon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006 03:48:28 PM »

I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE your skull bag and I've been looking for one like it for quite some time....(I've searched everywhere, hot topic etc.) would you ever consider a tut?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
    The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
    Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
    Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;
        Alexander Pope, "Eloisa to Abelard"
        English poet & satirist (1688 - 1744)
deciduous
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006 03:53:16 PM »

Okay. Just because I'm stupid, when I first saw the picture of the small pouch I thought it was some odd codpiece-type-thingy, and I was obviously wrong. I feel very silly. They're both lovely, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Autywon

and we'd be like oooh we're in a movie.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006 12:01:56 PM »

i love the ipod pouch.
looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

APPLY SOME PRESSUER.
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006 12:21:15 PM »

both are  very  cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Bailliesbagsbaubles
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006 10:50:41 PM »

I don't do skull things, but the bag turned out very nice.  The quality is great.

I am in love with your pouch.  I just may need to try and make one of those.  I love the shape and the fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weeta
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006 10:55:54 PM »

the skull bag is fantastic! i like the way you've stylized it and that it's gray....i love skulls too, but  they *are* everywhere and yours is a nicely different twist. neato!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raindrop40118
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006 01:42:43 PM »

Is that black felt ?? Please do a tut would make great gift for xmas.  Thanks  Debbie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw an Embarrassed Face Manga Style
How to Paint a Building in Two-Point Perspective
How to Draw a Cartoon Face
How to Create a Silk Painting
How to Learn Fabric Painting Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...