A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tallahassee  (Read 7110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plumpea

"she just...she wanna act wrong"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2006 05:05:07 AM »

There's a nice knitting circle on thursday evenings at Wooly Bully yarn store on Gaines (next to phase one)-- i think it's at 6:30 or 7..... good people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KariudoMegami
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2006 05:21:27 AM »

Oooh, is it a nice yarn store? I saw it recently -while going home- and just wanted to dive out of the car!

I'm also a Tally craftster, it's cool to see that there are so many others out there. I knit, crochet, sew, spin, embroider, cross stitch, occasionally make chainmaile jewelery, and play with mud, (i.e. I love pottery!) I pretty much dabble in anything that looks interesting! (Heh, Jill of all trades, Mistress of none.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plumpea

"she just...she wanna act wrong"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006 07:18:11 AM »

Yeah, it's great!  The woman who owns it rocks (and is very sweet too) and she sells mainly sweatshop-free and recycled/earth friendly/sustainable yarn (i.e. bamboo yarn, stuff made by hand or in the US, with natural dyes, etc).  She also hosts craft classes from time-to-time (like Needle Felting and what-not).
Check it out:  http://www.myspace.com/woolybullycrafts
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006 07:26:48 AM »

Yeah, it's great!  The woman who owns it rocks (and is very sweet too) and she sells mainly sweatshop-free and recycled/earth friendly/sustainable yarn (i.e. bamboo yarn, stuff made by hand or in the US, with natural dyes, etc).  She also hosts craft classes from time-to-time (like Needle Felting and what-not).
Check it out:  http://www.myspace.com/woolybullycrafts

OOOOOOO she has classes in needle felting!?  I am totally obsessed with felting! HHhmmm guess where I'm going at lunch today....that is if it isn't raining and I can walk there.  I work in the Turlington building (aka DOE aka the lipstick building) so Wooly Bully is only a couple of blocks from my office!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stripes504
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008 05:40:43 PM »

Are there any other places other than Joann's to get fabric?? I know there has to be some other store around here!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008 06:16:54 AM »

There are! Try Tallahassee Decorative Fabrics. It's on Thomasville rd down the street from JoAnn's. It is in the beige plaza kind of sort of across the street from the sing store just past Betton on the left. I love this store it is so organized and calm! I go in and walk around just for inspiration.  Cheesy 

There is also Crystalis fabrics in Market Square. It is on Timberlane rd almost next door to the Talbots and across the street from Old Town Cafe. You have to really look for it to see it. They have a GREAT sale room! I pop in there on a regular basis just to check their clearance section. Otherwise they are expensive....great fabric but expensive.

There is also a quilt store that stocks a good bit of fabric on Capital Circle next to the car wash and sort of across the street from the federal women's prison. It is not quite on the corner of Capital Circle and Park, it is on a little side street between park and the car wash. I get my embroidery stabilizer there. They have a huge selection of stabilizers!

I hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stripes504
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008 08:43:32 AM »

Thanks for the info!! I'll have to check those places out when I get back this week Smiley I knew there had to be other places out there hehe.

Another quick question...where do you get your embroidery templates, like the CD's that have the designs on them and what not?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008 10:05:35 AM »

Glad I could help!

I don't do any machine embroidery. I do a good bit of hand embroidery. I pretty much use sublime stitching patters or make my own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chocolate-Covered Almond Self-Tanner
Most Expensive Manicure
Insect Secretions to Reduce Cellulite
Busting Beauty Myths
3 Products to Get Rid of Blackheads at Home
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...