A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circle Skirts  (Read 378259 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MandaBear
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2004 01:15:41 PM »

Wow I jumped on this website hoping I could find a tutorial for a circle skirt! That looks really easy and painless I can't wait to make one Smiley Thank you veeeeeerrrrrrrry much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2004 07:09:37 AM »

rabbitrabbit - for a skirt with an underneath layer, I use fishnet, not tulle. Tulle is really stratchy, but I used a nice soft white fishnet instead so it wouldn't stratch.

indigo flower girl - depends on how long you want the skirt really. the one pictured is knee length, and I used about 1m x 70 cm for it. You can always trim it down if needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

impromptukiss
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2004 05:17:44 AM »

They're my first circle skirts, and i didn't use a pattern as such. What do you think?
 Here's the tutorial as promised! If you're having trouble understanding it, let me know!

thanks!  i have some pretty wool i wanted to make a cute (maternity) skirt out of & i think this will be a breeze.  does the t-shirt waistband hold up well (for an ever expanding belly, lol)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.jenn.
myspace.com/2beans
impromptukiss
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2004 08:38:49 AM »

so, i tried one for my daghter before wasting my $$$ wool.  it came out cute, but the waistband got me confused.  anyone care to elaborate on how to do that part?? pretty please?  Smiley

here's the one i made my daughter this morn.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

.jenn.
myspace.com/2beans
rabbitrabbit
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2004 11:49:06 AM »

ADORABLE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-K
teehee
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2004 11:39:15 PM »

The tute was very self explanatory and great, but I'm confused. I have a black velvety twin set. I was thinking a pink circle skirt would go neat with it. I want to try this, but I can use an old formal dress to make the skirt if neccessary.

So I started by getting 2 squares of expendable fabric. I followed the tute and got a poncho instead of a skirt. The 2nd time, I got a skirt. Now you all used stretchy waist bands and non stretch sheet type cotton. My skirt wouldn't make it over my hips or down my chest. My waist is around 31 in and my hips approx 39 in.

Any suggestions besides a zipper(or exercise LOL)?

ETA: Here's a link to item #412368 on overstock
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=882734
I want more poof like your circle skirts and no tulle or flower. I think I can do it with more info on the waistband and gathers in the sheet skirt pics. Thanks.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004 12:13:25 AM by teehee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2004 05:42:33 PM »

I had a similar problem with my circle skirt except that the waistband ended up being to big. I used stretchy purple material and cut it to 26in. My waist is 28. after cutting the circle and attaching the waist band it was waaaay too big. I ended up putting elastic in the waist band and now it fits great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
Ainadaliel
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2004 07:24:01 AM »

I had a similar problem with my circle skirt except that the waistband ended up being to big. I used stretchy purple material and cut it to 26in. My waist is 28. after cutting the circle and attaching the waist band it was waaaay too big. I ended up putting elastic in the waist band and now it fits great!

URGH! I had the exact same problem! I made a pleated skirt and my first attempt, it was way too big! I ended up eyeballing the yolk by sewing it with a "curve"...

kinda hard to explain but i'm taking basic dressmaking tomorrow so hopefully i'll be posting tips tomorrow LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hunkydory
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2004 08:18:40 PM »

great tutorial, thanks!   Kiss

i made my own:

the waistband is made out of an old HUGE turtle neck, and the rest is a sheet i saw at goodwill and fell in love.

i like it a lot

your fabric is cute and i like the way yours hangs. i tried making one and it came out a little too full. I wasn't exactly sure how big the whole piece should be like before I fold into quarters. I don't know I am about a 2 in skirts so how big do you think it should to get it to hang on me like that??
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005 01:30:32 PM by girlypirate » THIS ROCKS   Logged
IvyWhitegirl
Walking with a limp...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2004 10:58:00 AM »

I was so inspired by this tut that I whipped up like 5 of these skirts!  Here's one of my favorite ones...I hand embroidered a skull with a bow at the hemline.

I'll post more later...thanks so much for the great tut!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*rats* *bats* *cats* and *scraps*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Minnie Mouse
How to Face Paint a Fairy
How to Draw Mickey Mouse
How to Draw Spongebob Squarepants
How to Draw Goofy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...