A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 316,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage 'dos and make-up (Come share your secrets!)  (Read 75306 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissKerouac
I'm a bum, but not the cool Dharma kind.

only dead fish swim with the stream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2008 08:50:40 PM »

some more pics of my hair

make up wise i just love dark red vibrant lips

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being, you'd be a talk show host." -Heathers-
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2008 09:12:29 PM »

I love the red flower with the red lips!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
Domitilla
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2008 02:18:52 AM »

hi!
I love those retro hairstiles and makeup! I like to add a retro twist to my look (love red lips, eyeliner etc...)
But, for the life of me, it seems like I can't do reverse roils! I've watched every single tut on the net but I just can't get it...Do you think there's a particular hair cut needed for this hairstyle?
BTW I have very long hair, a little bit layered and shorter on the front (but no bangs of anysort), they're very curly but can basically take every shape you give them and keep it for like a week (like when I flat iron them)  here's a link with a picture that shows you how my hair looks like (off course they're straightened right here)
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v973/92/105/1250409391/n1250409391_30188576_9748.jpg
(I know I look 12 years old but I'm actually 20...grrrr)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, so let me know if you want!
vegebrarian

I brake for kitsch!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2008 09:34:29 AM »

I love this post and I love Craftster! None of my friends are into vintage styles, so it's really cool to see other people who are into vintage and crafting! All of the links that have been posted are really awesome.

I've got my hair rolled up with rags right now for the first time. I'll have to post a picture later of how it turns out.  Kiss

Does anyone else have the Kevyn Aucoin books Face Forward and Making Faces? He used make up to turn a lot of modern celebrities into actresses from the past. The makeup he uses to turn Courtney Love into Jean Harlow is pretty cool. I've used a lot of the instructions in there to do vintage make up looks.

I'm trying to decide if I should get bangs cut into my hair. It is currently just past my shoulders, almost all one length. It took forever because I used to have an Audrey Hepburn-style pixie with teeny bangs. I haven't had long hair and bangs since I was 15! Do a lot of you do the fake bangs with the roll?

MissKerouac, I really love the styles you're doing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

provides 100% of your daily recommended allowance of glitter
Caboose13
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2008 09:06:56 AM »

My fall out 3 inspired hair dos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leafy_lane
National Society of Sarcasm - Like We Need Your Support!

Genesis 2v24... One Day :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2009 02:34:47 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm just starting to take the leap into vintage style - it's quite a big change from my current fashion sense but you know there are some days when you just feel like being someone you've never been before Cheesy anyway I'm doing ok with clothes and make up etc, but I can't think of what to do with my hair. Here is a picture...

It comes to the top of my bust (sorry, couldn't think of a better way to describe it!), has chin-length layers, normally worn in a diagonal parting and is exceedingly fine and stubbornly straight. I have recently finally found a pair of curling tongs that work (120 in town, 35 on Amazon Wink ) so I will probably do that, but I would like a way of wearing it back without exposing too much of my huge forehead Smiley I love what everyone's done with kinda rolling bits back but my hair is too layered and fine to hold things like that.

Any ideas please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Father, I need you
Your strength my heart to mend,
I want to fly higher every new day again.
              --- 'Every New Day' by Five Iron Frenzy

Do you have a good reason for not checking out my blog? Didn't think so... http://atinythought.typepad.com/
batgirl
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2009 09:08:31 AM »

MissKerouac, I LOVE you style! I so wish I could do victory rolls (fine, thin hair, wrong kinda cut).

I have heard that Elnet, supposedly the ultimate hairspray, is now available in the US. Sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
tamagotchi
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2009 07:08:20 PM »

Hey guys!  I just noticed that some photos from this thread (I think one of me and one of MissKerouac) were featured in the new article about Craftster vintage style.  Boy, was I shocked to scroll down and see my face there!  Long live retro hair obsession!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
almaviajera
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2009 03:20:05 PM »

Hey guys, sorry for cross posting (I posted these pics first in "show off your hair, but found this threat later... I think they really belong here!!!)
I did this for a 20ies party and I am pretty happy with the results. I used a finger waves tutorial, but somehow I didn't really get it and finally I ended up finding a way by myself. I spent tons of hairspray but I think this was rather due to my own fears than to real necessity. However, the party was yesterday and although I combed out everything the waves remain in place. Please have a look at my pics Smiley
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3549/3338636719_43df7772e4.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3414/3339467240_57da999b07.jpg?v=0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinderblock
astral adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2009 02:49:02 PM »

i have a maskqurade (lack of spelling skills even after days of googleing) sweet-sixteen to go to and i want a classy hairstyle...and i was thinking about doing a classy Kate Winslet from Titanic do, but does anyone know anyother dos that would be better for this sort of thing? oh and i have a cow-lick that make my bangs naturally go to the side and CANNOT be tamed to lay flat (if that was important)

here is what my hair looks like:

it's like if a farrah faucett (spelling again...ugh) and a mullet had a baby...i call it my "chic mullet"....this is the best pic i could find, so ignore the obnoxious (yay spelling!) posed face it's all i had.

it's really layered in the back, but the shortest layer comes just above the shoulders, so i'd say it's a medium cut??? i don't know any hair lingo except french twist, and tease...

oh which reminds me after all that ramblingness, what is a plait??? i saw that in a beehive tute a few pages back and i have no idea what that is

one more question...if you made it this far (i'm a hairstyle baby, i just go au natural always except for the occasional french twist or pony) would i look good with a Twiggy cut??? 

okay now i'm done i PROMISE haha ^_^
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009 02:51:33 PM by cinderblock » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
The 3rd Eye
"they sell us love as divinity, but it's only a social obsenity, underneath they're all lovable."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...