A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,580
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lincraft surprise  (Read 1495 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewcialDistortion
« on: September 02, 2004 09:06:55 PM »

I actually found some cool material in Lincraft today!  Not just close or acceptable but bordering on really good. They have some cute prints with modern type flowers on it. 

I still don't get what is with the colours of the plain stock - why can't there be colours that are close to fashionable?  I'd really appreciate it too if they could stock contemporary magazines in there because I completely lose all sense of creativity when I'm in there for more than 5 mins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missfox
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004 02:50:08 AM »

wow! whoda thunk it???

That place is a terrible creativity sapper, I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one. But I actuallly found some cute fabric, too - funky 50's type floral. Hopefully they improve their stock - it's gotten so bad that I haven't renewed my membership card.

But Home Yardage hmmmmm yay for fun fabric. And Fabric Fantasy for when I feel rich. Spotlight actually gives me a migraine if I'm in there for more than 30 mins - no idea why! Maybe it's all that cheap polyester?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MintTea
<3

I am a Sexy Doughnut. Yes I am.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004 08:24:36 PM »

Spotlight actually gives me a migraine if I'm in there for more than 30 mins - no idea why! Maybe it's all that cheap polyester?

That gave me a Lesuire Suit Larry flashback  Cheesy

Yeah, Lincraft seems to have gone downhill in the fabric part, only catering for scrapbookers  Tongue Its getting so bad that Im starting to rely on mail order fabric. But some of the Spotlight stuff ain't bad, they've got in some cool Mambo prints. And I like their cheap tropical printed polyestser  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gracie
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004 12:36:18 AM »

I needed some black garbadine today to make a skirt for work, and can you believe neither Lincraft nor Clegs in the CBD had any? I thought garbadine was one of those things stores HAVE to have, like cotton drill.

I'm going to make a trip to Brunswick tomorrow. Might stop by the Allanah Hill outlet as well and have a look.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004 12:40:59 AM by gracie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my Fuzzy Felts.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Perfect Cat Eye
4 Secrets to Long Lasting Lipstick
How to Wash Your Face Like a Pro
Keira Knightley Makeup Tutorial
Emma Watson Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...