A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,904
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: anyone in Gainesville?  (Read 7656 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cararay
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005 10:24:26 AM »

Well, let's try and set up Stitch and Bitch in Gainesville then. Anyone else interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cloudy143
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005 06:17:46 PM »

Ok, looks like we are forming a Stitch N Bitch in Gainesville. I am so excited! So, I guess everyone who wants to join, reply to this message and include your e-mail address if it isn't on your profile. I am not that good at knitting so I am still learning. Spread the news! Let's see how many people we can get to join!

-Claudia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember the person you wanted to be.
lauriemk
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005 07:34:56 PM »

I would love to do this! 
lauriemk at yahoo dot com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dramaqueen0487

Make a Wish....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005 10:07:50 AM »

I would love to join as long as there is instructions for those who are beginners... E-mail me and let me know what I have to bring.. (i.e. knitting needles, yarn, etc.)  As a beginner, I don't know what is needed.  (I sound so pathetic)

Anywho - E-mail dramaqueen0487 at aol dot com
                         dramaqueen0487@aol.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maddog
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005 10:27:12 AM »

Hey, I live in gainesville but I spend the weeks traveling around the state. I would love to get together with people to knit on the weekend. I learned to knit when I was a little girl. I have never taught anyone to knit but I would be willing to try. I have a lot of supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
she_was_horrid

...sky of dreams up above...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005 07:23:43 PM »

i was at the crafts & stuff in gainesville and i agree that they have great decorative paper... they have so much other fun stuff... i live in daytona and would move there just to shop there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SquidPrincess
cephalopod rockstar and all around space babe

just a (squid) girl and her zombie friend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007 08:50:34 PM »

I live in g-ville, I've finished my summer travels, I'm bored out of my mind, I would kill for a group of crafty babes to hang out with here.
I have no idea how to knit. At all. Whatsoever. But, hey. New skills are fun, and may result in having rad armwarmers. The e mail address is:

spookysquid@gmail.com

I don't know how stitch n bitch works, but if it meets weekly, I vote for not meeting on Tuesday nights because that's when I go to kickboxing class. Ahem. Or when I am trying to go to kickboxing classes, anyway. Incidentally, does anyone want a running partner, also? I do, I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Revolution is a trivial shift in the emphasis of suffering." --Tom Stoppard
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/spooookypants/
la felicidad tiene tu nombre y tu piel
IrishDitz

Beware of Crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007 05:57:55 PM »

Hello All!
         I live in Gainesville and work at Jo-Ann Fabrics so here is what I learned about the crafting situation in Gainesville through the crafting grapevine. A1-Sewing off of 16th Blvd and 43rd Street offers sewing classes (group and private). Bead All About It and Beads of Avalon both offer classes but Bead All About It offers free classes for beginners (also located off of 16th Blvd and 43rd Street). Michael's off of Archer offers classes of different kinds (I have seen everything from cake decorating and painting to the occasional knitting demo as well).  There was also a Scrapbook store behind the Books-A-Million in the little plaza next to the Oaks Mall. I don't know if they are still there or not though been a while since I been out that way.  Central Florida Office Supply caters to the art students at UF and Santa Fe so you can sometimes find the art stuff there that you normally can not find at Michaels, Craft&Stuff or Jo Ann's. Yarnworks located just past 39th Ave off of 13th Street offers classes occasionally for knitting and crochet and have a good needlepoint selection. There are several groups that I hear about that get together for quilting and other stuff. It's one of those meet only once a month kinda deals. You might be able to find out more information at your public library as some groups have been known to meet there after hours for sessions. It would be nice if there was a Stich-n-Bitch group in Gainesville but if there isn't once started there is a knitting group that meets up at Yarnworks. Hope this helps some.
Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krisvillar.28
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008 06:36:21 PM »

Hey im looking for someone expierenced with Crocheting in Gainesville FL that is interested in starting a small business. please e-mail me Krisvillar.28@hotmail.com. Make sure to type Crochet as the subject!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Dress For A Sporting Event
Jill Martin With Marlo Thomas
Plus-Size Style Tips
Best Dressed Stars: Sports Illustrated Model, NYFW and More
Striped Swimsuit Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...