A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 312,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Matchbook notepad with mini collage  (Read 2250 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: October 01, 2006 01:48:00 PM »

2 x 2 inch matchbook notepad. 20 sheets inside. Mini collage on the cover.

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006 04:33:17 PM »

Wow!  Great idea, great collage!  I suppose your are uber crafty and make the "match books" as well?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006 07:50:54 PM »

Yes, do tell, did you make the matchbooks too?  Nice job, btw!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006 08:08:47 PM »

Awesome!  I just love mini formats.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006 12:12:59 PM »

No, I didn't make the matchbooks, too. I get them at a really neat little stamp shop. They come like 50 in a box. I have been thinking of making some of my own with scrap paper. I will post instructions if/when I do that. Smiley

Thanks again.

p.s. I made a total of 46 - all different words.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006 09:35:22 PM »

I liked this idea so much I just made one!  I don't have a camera but here's what I did - mine look nowhere near as professional - metal ruler lost in the move = no straightedge!

Cut 8 small pieces of paper, a bit bigger than 2x the size you want; fold in half in pairs (not all at once).  Nestle the papers together.

While holding the middle of the fold, trim the edges with good scissors

Cut a piece of heavy cardstock about 1/4" wider than the folded papers, and slightly more than 2x the length.

Score a straight line about one pinky's width from the bottom end of the cardstock; fold inward along this line.

Insert the folded papers into the bottom fold of the cardstock; staple in the center.

Score a straight line into the cardstock about 1/8" from the top of the papers; fold over to determine where you need to trim so the lid of the matchbook fits under the bottom tab above the staple.

*thoughts after-the-fact:
I covered one side of the cardstock w/ a pretty cardmaking paper before making the matchbook.  I put a ribbon on the bottom of the matchbook.  I wish I'd either stapled the other way, so the ribbon would cover up the staple tips...or put the ribbon on the bottom with enough extra to wrap around the edges and keep a cleaner edge

I'm happy though because it's a midnight blue fiber paper with touches of gold, and a gold ribbon across the bottom.  I think it's going in the mail to my friend Lindsey!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006 03:01:47 PM »

where do you get the blank books?  thanks for the info.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006 01:25:45 PM »

all you need is cardstock and a paper cutter (makes life SO much easier). i just opened a matchbook i had and measured the length/width and matched where the folds were. i used a bone folder (again, makes life SO much easier) and then added the paper. i used a pamphlet stich to finish it up, but you could use a stapler. mine couldn't go through the paper all the way. it was just easier to sew it. but it is a great idea! and they are fun to make.  Smiley

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome." Albert Einstein

visit often. buy a lot.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairdressing Essentials Tool Kit Bag
How to Get a Quiff
Use Dry Shampoo to Make Your Blowout Last for Days
Emo Hair: Haircuts for Boys
Emo Hair: Haircuts for Girls
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...