A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2006 Birthday Month Swap - MOVED to CLOSED SWAPS  (Read 14910 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2006 04:43:48 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO IN.

NEW RULE:  Newbies will not get credit for this swap unless they craft for their fellow October Babies!!!  You can put up your list if approved, but it will not count as a completed swap.  If a newbie does not send out the REQUIRED thank you note, this will be noted in their feedback.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

Swap name: October 2006 Birthday Month Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: jesintexas--I AM NOT AN OCTOBER BABE (organizers  may change every month)
Sign-up date range: 10/01/06-10/31/06
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages!
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in October, then you can post your wishlist for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once I PM you and let you know you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  The more you think of, the better.   The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what day your birthday is.
    * Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in October for you to craft for someone.   If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.
    * If you chose to craft for someone, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
    * Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH - if you get chosen, you must send the person who crafted for you a thank you note within 2 weeks of receiving.  You will get negative feedback if you do not send a thank you note (it can be a postcard even).  I think this is a fair trade for all the crafty goodness you'll be getting!
    * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  When you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  When you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off or receive your thank you note (no DC# required, you're on your honor!).
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
    * Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  Please state at the beginning where you are so that we can respect this valid concern.
    *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see that you have been chosen and what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

Original idea thread and discussion located here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68058.0
If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can post on the link above, or send me a PM with "October 2006 Birthday Swap " in the subject line.

If you want to POST A LIST FOR YOUR OCTOBER B-DAY, you must send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- October 2006 Birthday Month Swap
Craftster username
Email address
Real name
Mailing address
Your Birthday

If you want to SEND TO A CRAFTSTER BIRTHDAY, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- October 2006 Birthday Month Swap
Craftster username
Email address
Real name
Mailing address
Who and what do you want to send to?

If you are already an October birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info below again.  Just send me who you want to craft for.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. PLEASE PUT "OCTOBER 2006 BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP" in all PM's!!

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

THE GALLERY (where you all will post pics of everything you get!): 

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125592.0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006 04:19:23 PM by jesintexas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesintexas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006 04:44:58 PM »

OCTOBER BIRTHDAY BABIES - in alphabetical order
chosen at least once
chosen more than once

POSITIVE FEEDBACK
Negative feedback

Ambo - Oct 15
betzi - Oct 18
bubba*tink - Oct 15
cinnamon teal - Oct 12
dontlookback - Oct 19
Double Oh Sarah - Oct 30
eirle - Oct 30

felly - Oct 19
fizzle7033 - Oct 21
hgflower - Oct 12

Hookin Flamingo - Oct 1
IMIS - Oct 21
inle_rah - Oct 5

jz lyk D - Oct 2
jungrrl - Oct 22
littlesailor - Oct 2
peariso - Oct 17
PimpernelSmith - Oct 2
pinkkittypiper - Oct 3
princessandthebead - Oct 13

princesskaos15 -  Oct 15
Rain - Oct 29

Reen - Oct 29
risingphoenix - Oct 23
robbedbyapickle - Oct 5
sarah- - Oct 28
sissychrissy1 - Oct 16

suzeeannie - Oct 27
taerowyn - Oct 12

Tara1979 - Oct 19
teddybearbones - Oct 16
trillian - Oct 15
weeping_cloud - Oct 27
xx_Kellybean - Oct 3

NON-OCTOBER CRAFTSTERS

POSITIVE FEEDBACK

Psychocraftishredhe ad   Kiss
k8kre8s  Kiss
Homerof2   Kiss
AcesWild
   Kiss
TheWorldFamous   Kiss
curlygirl51   Kiss
veganxwater  Kiss
Alwaysinmyroom   Kiss
gavagai  Kiss
ashestoashes   Kiss
Millik  Kiss
sanditerese   Kiss
bhean  Kiss
danderson  Kiss
LaughingLark  Kiss
knitting_nyxxie  Kiss
ctgirl   Kiss
MariskaLovesCrafts   Kiss
mintlatte   Kiss
gossamer_gull  Kiss
irid3sc3nt   Kiss
javastain
   Kiss

WHO IS CRAFTING FOR WHOM:

• TheWorldFamous is sending robbedbyapickle a pair of pj pants --- FLAKED
  • Hookin Flamingo is sending littlesailor amigurumi, tea, journal, mix cd, stitch markers, & a surprise --- FLAKED

THANK YOU NOTE STATUS

• princessandthebead is sending teddybearbones some old maid cards --- Needs Thank You
  • eirle is sending Tara1979 a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • eirle is sending Reen an apron --- Needs Thank You
  • cinnamon teal is sending Hookin Flamingo earrings --- Needs Thank You
  • Alwaysinmyroom is sending Hookin Flamingo a coin purse & a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • gavagai is sending felly a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • suzeeannie is sending Hookin Flamingo a wacky pen --- Needs Thank You
  • Tara1979 is sending eirle earrings --- Needs Thank You
  • bhean is sending teddybearbones homespun & a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • knitting_nyxxie is sending Ambo homemade soap --- Needs Thank You
  • bhean is sending princesskaos15 a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • bhean is sending jz lyk D a surprise --- Needs thank you
  • Alwaysinmyroom is sending sissychrissy1 stitch markers --- Needs Thank you
  • ctgirl is sending betzi an apron --- Needs Thank you
  • sissychrissy1 is sending Rain an ATC --- Needs Thank you
  • danderson is sending Ambo stitch markers --- Needs Thank you
  • jesintexas is sending princesskaos15 a scarf ---- Needs Thank you

COMPLETED

• hgflower is sending robbedbyapickle pop tabs --- RECD
  • k8kr8s is sending peariso the pear tote from her wist --- RECD
  • Homerof2 is sending Peariso scrap book paper & a surprise --- RECD
  • trillian is sending bubba*tink a Gir t-shirt --- RECD
  • princessandthebead is sending hgflower a shot glass --- RECD
  • inle_rah is sending IMIS fingerless gloves --- RECD
  • hgflower is sending cinnamon teal some mod fabric & a mixed cd --- RECD
  • ashestoashes is sending littlesailor tea, mix cd, & a wist-y surprise --- RECD
  • PimpernelSmith is sending IMIS an Altoid tin surprise --- RECD
  • Homerof2 is sending pinkkittypiper something crochet related & beads --- RECD
  • hgflower is sending dontlookback a surprise from her wist --- RECD
  • millik is sending inle_rah a mix cd & a small surprise --- RECD
  • taerowyn is sending sissychrissy1 earrings --- RECD
  • MariskaLovesCrafts is sending suzeeannie earrings --- RECD
  • robbedbyapickle is sending PimpernelSmith beads --- RECD
  • littlesailor is sending trillian a bag, magazines & yarn --- RECD
  • bhean is sending Rain something from her wist & a surprise --- RECD
  • littlesailor is sending taerowyn fingerless gloves --- RECD
  • princessandthebead is sending PimpernelSmith a card & a bookmark --- RECD
  • inle_rah is sending sarah- fingerless mittens --- RECD
  • irid3sc3nt is sending fizzle7033 jewelry making supplies --- RECD
  • Rain is sending littlesailor a mix cd or 2 --- RECD
  • sarah- is sending trillian amigurumi, something from her area & a surprise --- RECD
  • robbedbyapickle is sending bubba*tink a surprise --- RECD
  • LaughingLark is sending Double Oh Sarah earrings --- RECD
  • sanditerese is sending pinkkittypiper scarves ---  RECD
  • veganxwater is sending princessandthebead ATC's --- RECD
  • Psychocraftishredhe ad is sending xx_Kellybean a necklace or bracelet, a scarf, and cool beads! --- RECD
  • PimpernelSmith is sending hgflower a shot glass --- RECD
  • hgflower is sending princessandthebead a letter --- RECD
  • sissychrissy1 is sending sarah- an ATC --- RECD
  • AcesWild is sending PimpernelSmith crochet patterns & teas ---RECD
  • jesintexas is sending jungrrl embroidery patterns & lip balm --- RECD
  • curlygirl51 is sending hgflower mix CD --- RECD
  • javastain is sending taerowyn a melted bead craft --- RECD
  • mintlatte is sending weeping_cloud a purse --- RECD
  • danderson is sending risingphoenix something sheepy --- RECD
  • trillian is sending risingphoenix beads, yarn, & a mix cd --- RECD
  • gossamer_gull is sending weeping_cloud an altered book & a surprise --- RECD
  • princesskaos15 is sending princessandthebead beads ---- RECD
  • jungrrl is sending xxKellybean a whale plushie --- RECD

Please let me know if there is incorrect information in any of the above lists.   Wink

« Last Edit: December 17, 2006 06:24:09 PM by jesintexas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006 08:10:43 PM »

My wish list:

* necklace or bracelet with a pendant or charms of one of the things I'm obsessed with (list below in my bio area.) Thank you so much, Psychocraftishredhe ad.

Scarf for the chilly winter coming up Thank you again, Psychocraftishredhe ad!

* journal.

* stuffed animal of some sort. (sea creature, maybe? octopus, seals, star fish, fish, lobster, turtle, dolphins, etc) thank you jungrrl Smiley

* hair accessories. (bobby pins, clips, headbands, etc.)

* Candles of any type. My room is full of candles... there's no such thing as too many.

* shirt. I wear an adult medium.

* picture frames.

* cool beads, large or small. and thank you again, again, Psychocraftishredhe ad!

* wristband, on the smaller side.... about half the size of regular ones.

* a surprise!

My name is Kelly and I am going to turn 19 on October 3rd. I live in Minnesota and am going to attend college next semester to get my generals done because I have no clue what I want to do. I'm really into anything music related, and I play guitar or write when I'm not crafting, which doesn't happen very often anymore. I am obsessed with skulls, guitars, music notes, hearts, stars, roses/flowers in general, and sea creatures.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006 10:01:19 AM by xx_Kellybean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dontlookback
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006 10:59:39 AM »

My wishlist:

1- Amy Butler type of fabric- actually any type of fabric you have- preferably about a yard long. You can check out my wists for an idea of what I like.

2- A bag like this:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31017.0

3- A painting inspired by Monet to dress up my bedroom.

4- A diy kit for sewing a specific project that you are good at. I'm a beginner sewer and I work well with patterns but I would love to learn some new projects. For example: If you're good at making Jordy bags or a certain type of skirt than you could send me a picture filled tutorial and some materials to aid me. I can make a lot of basic things so I would love learning something with more difficulty. If you need me to be clearer you can PM me.

5-- DIY Grow an Herb/Vegetable Garden or a polymer clay kit. I'm loving the kits that you guys put together- every one I've gotten has been incredibly amazing! I just got an awesome tomato kit from lafemmefatale and now I want more like this!!

6- A knitted headband like this one:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=74104.0
I love the colors used in it too.

7- I love everything about this orange clutch:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77766.0

8- Any Amy Butler patterns that you have [with all pattern pieces and directions, please] Minus the Madison Bag one.

9- Anything on my wists       Thank you hgflower!!!

10- Any Japanese craft books or magazines.

11- A L pink tshirt for my boyfriend that says: My girlfriend went to New Hampshire and all I got was this shirt.
Pretty please!

12- Scrapbooking supplies

13- A kit to motivate me to be more healthy and a kit to cheer me up since I'm stuck in a long-distance relationship.

14- Crafty magazines and/or project tutorials of cool/quirky/modern/girly crafts. I would like to organize all of my projects and anything that I can hole punch and stick in a binder would be great. Anything besides knitting would be great

15- A messenger bag

16- Something Jose Reyes related- for me! I would love it if it was something that I could wear to a game.

17- Anything Sex and the City related or inspired

18- Any modern books related to teaching elementary school aged children.

19- A make up bag.

20- Labels for my etsy shop that I could use to attach to my bags.

21- A pretty certificate for my students that say something along the lines of, Good Job or Great Work.

22- A surprise Smiley

About me: I'm Christina and I'll be turning 23 on the 19th. I live in NY, USA. I love to sew, crochet, and make books. I've been trying to learn to knit for the past couple of years. I love cooking and baking but I love watching the Food Network even more. I am student teaching and I want to learn everything I can about teaching elementary school aged children. I love cherry blossoms, lilies, girly stuff that isn't too fru fru. asian inspired items, and preppy things.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 09:50:29 AM by dontlookback » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...i just want a moment to be real

Etsy Shop
http://dontlookback.etsy.com

Wists:
http://www.wists.com/dontlookback
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006 11:20:17 AM »

First off I'd like to say thanks to anyone who chooses to craft me something for my birthday!!  And thanks to jesintexas for organizing this swap for us October babies Smiley

my list:

* a swap journal!! I've been driving myself batty with post-it's stuck all over my calendar trying to organize my swaps/upcoming presents

* hand made cards for any occasion

* anything nightmare before christmas related. I'm a HUGE fan.. and that might be an understatement Wink My favorite characters are zero and oogie boogie, and one of my favorite scenes is just the curly black hill against the moonlight. I love my tim burton and danny elfman!

* a shot glass Smiley I collect shot glasses, and I love those really cheesy touristy things from other states/countries. I love to travel, especially on long road trips.  thank you PimpernelSmith & princessandthebead!!!

* accessories! I used to work at Disneyland so I've become accustomed to not wearing any bracelets/necklaces/dangly earrings.. and now I'm trying to get back into stuff again.  My new job is at a bank though, so nothing too funky.. it might upset the old folks  Tongue

* mixed cd of music Smiley I love making/receiving mixed cd's. What I'm currently enjoying is the music from Grey's Anatomy (my new tv obsession). Some of my favorite bands include: Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Beck, Reel Big Fish, Postal Service, Dance Hall Crashers, Less Than Jake, Hot Hot Heat, The Rocket Summer, Limbeck   thank you curlygirl51!!!

* a jordy bag. I used to be the biggest bag whore but I've become bagless for this past year and I miss carrying a purse around. I tend to only carry my car keys, chapstick, wallet and cell phone around with me everywhere.

* beads so I can join the melted beads phenomena that has hit craftster!!

* anything off my wist Smiley

* a surprise!!

Okay! Hopefully I'm not too much of a birthday hog and you were able to get through that list!! My name is Audrey and I'm turning 24 on October 12 (yikes I'm getting old..). I live in California, and I'm spoiled by the weather here. I tend to wear a lot of darker shades of green, brown, red/burgundy, and blue colors. I love sleeping in a little too much, and this is my favorite time of year *especially since the new season of Grey's finally started! and Lost premieres next week Smiley * I'm addicted to the Food Network channel and surfing allrecipes.com for dinner ideas. I'll admit that I love Harry Potter but only out of my love for Professor Snape. Thanks again to anyone who crafts me something for my bday Smiley

*edit to say please don't mind my overload of smiley faces.. I seem to be addicted to those as well*
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 09:48:07 PM by hgflower » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
IMIS
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006 12:09:53 PM »

Hi! My name is Simi, and I am in Brooklyn, NY! My birthday is October 21 and I'll be 17! Here goes my list:

1. A pretty crocheted runner for my dresser- My dresser and room is light pink, and my dresser's width is 3 ft long. Please make it a little longer so it will hang off. Please try to make it brown, gray, or dark pink

2. Cute shoelaces, just please no characters

3. Some really unusual, pretty, or fancy hand soaps, such as cupcakes, and other types of desserts

4. Pretty candles

5. Something nice to hang on my walls- my walls are a bit dull, need something to make them look more fun!

6. Something with my initial "S" on it, like a pillow or something

7. Knitted/Crocheted Fingerless gloves- I'd like it in pink, turquoise, or light blue. If you can I'd love it if you could also make me a hat and scarf to go with it! Thank you so much inle_rah!!

8. A happy hut for my pet bird Disney! She's a cockatiel so she's a little bigger than the bird you see here. I'd love it if you could make it where she has a little room to move, more room than the happy hut in this picture:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=108782.0
I also want to be able to hang it in her cage so it doesn't get dirty on the floor.

9. Anything from your state or country, like a T-shirt or something like that that says your country or state's name on it. Also, I love just paper stuff, and little stubs and other stuff from other countries. PLEASE NO FOOD OR CANDY!

10. A crocheted ring, or some type of ring. I absolutely hardly have any rings! And please try to make the ring adjustable. But if you need my ring size, please PM me!

11. A sock monkey!

12. A begginers knitting kit- with knitting needles and how to actually knit. I have absolutely no idea how to knit, and really want to know!!!

13. An Altoid tin surprise, with my likes(below)! - Thanks so much PimpernelSmith!!

14. Air drying clay(Paper clay) kit.

15. A beautiful bag like this one!:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=123413.0;topicseen

16. Hair Stuff, like clips, barettes, etc. Just to let you know, i have shoulder length, thick hair

17. Anything vintage! I LOVE vintage-50's,60's

18. Anything from my wists

19. A DIY Felt Beads kit

20. A surprise!!

Thanks to everyone who looks, and to the people that choose to craft for my birthday!!!! And happy Birthday to everyone!!!
Here's a little about me!:

I am as you know, going to be 17! I am also a senior in high school this year, and can't wait to graduate!!!! I am a vegetarian, and absolutely love animals!!! I also love art. Drawing is my favourite kind of art to do, but I also love painting. Of course, I also love to craft, and I am in love with all these swaps and craftster!!!
I enjoy anything vintage,and I also enjoy oldies and classical music. I love to bake. I've just recently started, but hope to perfect my skills!
As you know from reading one of my wishes, I have a pet bird named Disney, and she's a cockatiel. I also have a pet beta fish.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 02:10:48 PM by IMIS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
pinkkittypiper
Bead Junkie

Can't cut a straight line to save my life...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006 04:25:33 PM »

Happy Birthday to all other October babies!!!!

My wishlist:

* anything crochet related - I just learned how so, a pattern, yarn, hooks, hook tote, whatever Many thanks to homerof2!

* a panta

* hair accessories or hair related things

* homemade soap

* stuffed animal

* beads Thanks homerof2!

* craft supplies - could be anything I am not picky

* a hat, scarf or mittensThanks going out to sanditerese!

* a shirt dress (the kind made from a mans big button down shirt, to wear with pants) I am size large

* a journal

* I am starting to teach music lessons so maybe a binder to keep my lessons in or something like that

* a SURPRISE! oohhhh I love surprises!!!

I am turning  28 on October the Third.  I post this list full knowing I have forgotten something lol, because I am that scatterbrained.  I love Harry Potter, Invader Zim, Nightmare before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, Pirates of the Carib - okay maybe it's just Johnny Depp, all things celtic, bagpipes, earthy colours (browns, greens, black, greys, white, turquoise yadda yadda) , asian themed things, the outdoors and my assorted pets.

I figured out what it was I forgot!! I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada!!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006 06:04:19 AM by pinkkittypiper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where the wild things are is where I am most at home!
Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!!!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pinkkittypiper
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006 04:55:19 PM »

Greeting & Salutations Fellow Librans!
      (Librians? Librens?? Lybrians???)
 And to the Awesome Craftsters who might consider crafting for us!  Cheesy

My name is Kimberly, and my birthday is October 2nd.

Ummmmm, about me....I live in Iowa. I work in Special Ed, and love it, but am now contemplating grad school to become a speech therapist (so I might be able to do what I love AND earn a living - novel idea).  I am beginning to study for the GRE. I am terrified of it.
I love books (Ngaio Marsh, Margery Allingham, Elizabeth George), kids, dogs, knitting, tatting, crochet, frosting glass, jewelery, books (knitting, origami,orchids), chocolate, tea.... I am allergic to a lot of airborne stuff, so scented things don't do a lot for me...  Tongue Smiley Cheesy

So - The List:

-- A broad leather cuff bracelet. Not wildly fancy, but nice and durable.

-- Basically, any wrist band that looks nice but can withstand encounters with some serious behavoir disorders.

-- Advice on how to do well on the GRE.

-- BeadsThanks robbedbyapickle!

-- Bookmarks are fantanstic!Yea! Thanks princessandthebead!

-- Embroidery patterns - especially of monkeys, tree frogs, or celtic knots.

-- Interesting tea.Thanks AcesWild!

-- Wee birdfeeders are always welcome.

-- I'm trying to expand my experience of Latin and of Arabic music, so any samplings you'd like to share would be neat.

-- Non-grannyish crochet patterns or paraphenalia.Thanks Again, AcesWild!

-- Bobbins for bobbin lace making or related paraphenalia (I'm sorta, kinda trying to learn...)

-- Advice on getting grad school funding as a past-30 female.

-- Any ol' birthday card - I love getting mail!And Thanks  Againprincessandthebead!

-- If anyone knows of an USA source for Scrumpy Jack's Cider, I'd dearly love the knowledge!

-- For that matter: Smarties, Worchester Crisps, Chocolate Bourbons...I lived in Scotland for a year and suffer withdrawls from time to time.

-- Rooted cuttings from violets, orchids, or holiday cacti.

-- Mental well-wishes for the whole grad school thing.

-- SURPRISE ME!  Grin

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006 08:13:51 PM by PimpernelSmith » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
robbedbyapickle
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006 06:09:35 PM »

Hello fellow October babies. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL!!
I turn 15 on October 5th - so excited!

So, here's the list:

1 I'm obsessed with the green jackets with the german flags on the sleeves that people used to wear. I have a great green jacket, but no patches Sad so one of those would be great. Also, I just moved from Germany, and I miss it uber much, so anything germany-related is awesome!

2 I love love love buttons(like the pins you put on shirts and jackets buttons), especially the funny-not-sarcastic ones.

3 a stenciled t shirt with something on it from explodingdog.com
my favorite drawings from that site are "you won't always feel this bad", "you were always the wise one", "i love you this much", "what's in the bag?", "magic sock", "never gonna die", "if god was grapefruit"......

4 or a stenciled shirt with this picture on it that i saw a long time ago. sorry i don't have a link to it, but it's a picture of a penguin licking an ice cream cone, while a polar bear is holding and licking the penguin like an ice cream cone. er...hope i explained that ok.

5 hand made jewelrey is really pretty and i want to start making it myself, so any materials or instructions or advice would be great.

6 a sock monkey! one with a little attitude...

7 oh! i can't find a link to the thread, but if any of you remember the one with the cd that someone put in the oven and it turned all those pretty colors and then they cut it up and made it into a necklace...AH! my mom won't let me use the microwave for it...

8 supplies for embroidering(is that the word) stuff. i want to learn to do that.

9 a learn to crochet kit

10 i'm just learning how to play guitar, and i need some cool picks, because that makes it way more fun! like my friend has this one of a mushroom sticking its tounge out, cracks me up!

11 some really really really comfy pj pants(pm me for measurements) - Thanks TheWorldFamous!!!

12 so the builders have finally started finishing off the basement, so in three short weeks(or so) I will finally have my own room! which means i will need pretty things to decorate it with

13 i tried once making a bag out of pop tabs, like making a zillion bracelets and then connecting them, and i am so insanely proud of my bag, but it's too small for me to use! then i saw someone in the city with a bag like mine except for it was much bigger and it was a different style...i don't know the word for it...like a hobo style bag, just bigger and with a longer strap...anyways, i was wondering if any of you clever craftsters knew how to fashion such a thing, and to share with me your secret! also, if you have a bunch of the pop tabslying around with no purpose...please send them to me! they would be greatly appreciated! - Thank you hgflower!!!!!

14 music music music. i like alternative, i'm not really sure exactly what that means, but all the music i listen to can't be putinto any other genre, so i just say "alternative with a little folk-jazz-rock-indie-and-occasional-catchy-rap-song." so, mixes are great, especially if i can find out about a great artist i've never heard of!

and last but not least...

15 a surprise!

so...about myself...I moved this summer from Wiesbaden, Germany to Maryland. I love anything and everything about europe, just thinking about it makes me giddy. i'm really into learning about all religions, especially buddhism, i love the principles and ideasof it. i love learning new things, especially crafty things, because if i'm not bored then i don't feel sad and pathetic. i love swimming and i'm a dog person, i laugh a lot, mostly at myself, and(i've actually had lengthy discussions about this), if my family did wife swap, then the only thing i'd be mad about would be if the other lady took away my beautiful precious music! oh, and my friends tell me that i ramble on about nothing a lot.

so sorry if my list was exhausting to read. thank you thank you thank you in advance to anyone who makes me something, i love you!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 07:25:20 PM by robbedbyapickle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"sometimes we love with nothing more than hope. sometimes we cry with everything except tears. in the end that's all there is: love and its duty, suffering and it's truth. in the end that's all we have-to hold on tight until the dawn."
littlesailor
Ms Lindz

Om nom nom nom

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006 06:46:57 PM »

Happy Birthday to all the other October babies!

My name is Lindsey Smiley

A little about me:  I'll be 25 on the 2nd of October.  I live in Connecticut with my fiance and his son (who's also an October baby and will be 14 on the 16th).  I work at a call center for a furniture store.  I love to knit (I'd consider myself an advanced knitter) and have really taken to knitting socks.  I know how to sew and needlepoint, but do both very little since knitting takes up most of my free time.  I recently found out how cool freezer paper stencils are so I've been spending some time doing that now as well.  My favorite colors are pink, purple, blueish greens, pastels (all colors), fall/autumn colors, red (all sorts of shades, but nothing too bright).  I don't like neon colors or anything exceptionally bright.  I love all kinds of music.  I don't like coffee, but I love tea.  I'm allergic to angora (rabbits), smoke, cats, and dogs.  I don't like mohair or novelty yarns and I don't really like acrylic, either - I prefer natural fibers.  Ideas for crafting (things I like): flower themes, fall themes, sunflowers, sea themes (think ocean - fish and whatnot), cherry blossoms, Nintendo (Super Mario Brothers or Tetris), Rubik's Cube, anything knitting related, animals (I love animals!), sheep or other fiber animals, butterfiles, legos (I'm really into Lego Star Wars II right now).  I like NASCAR and my favorite driver is Carl Edwards in the 99 Office Depot car.  I think that sums me up pretty good, but if you'd like to know more about me, you can read the "about me" page I've created: http://mslindz.wordpress.com/about/

On with the list:

~ A tea mug/cup... one that has been painted with flowers, sunflowers, cherry blossoms, or a fall theme would be lovely.  I love this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=90868.0

~ A purse like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94239.0    I like everything about this one, especially the fabrics used.  I would like it to be a darker fabric on the outside so it hides dirt a little better.  A fall theme or sunflowers would be awesome!  I like this bag as well: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105739.30   and it would be great if someone could do it in the style of the cupcake one.  Size: 11-12 inches along the bottom (across), 8-9 inches tall (from bottom to top, height), and straps should be at least 16-17 inches from one end to the other (not when you measure it folded in half).  Here's a little drawing of what I mean http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/littlesailor/handbag.jpg

~ Sock yarn - enough to make a pair of socks (approx 450 yards)

~ An amigurumi stuffed animal.  I like monkey's, turtles, rabbits, sheep, pigs, giraffe's, cats, fish, dogs.... really anything would be wonderful!  (I can't crochet to save my life!  I wouldn't mind if it was made out of acrylic yarn.)

~ A hoodie.  I wear a women's XL (14/16 US women's sizes) or a men's Medium.  Could be embelished, stenciled, painted, whatever you think I'd like Smiley

~ Tea (no green tea please - anything else goes, though!)

~ A swap journal

~ A journal

~ Anything on my wists: http://www.wists.com/mslindz

~ Music - a mixed CD or something.  I'm always looking for more music to enhance my collection.  Here’s a brief (very brief) list of some of the music I like: I like a lot of country music (my favorites are Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, SHEdaisy), and I like a lot of "inde rock" (Guster, John Vanderslice, Dresden Dolls, Coldplay, Travis, The Shinns, Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service), but I also like alternative rock (Disturbed, Staind, Linkin Park).  A few of my other favorites are Jamie Cullum, Orange County Supertones, Five Iron Frenzy, Jars of Clay, and John Mayer. 

~ Beaded stitch markers

~ Handmade soap - nothing too strong smelling as I'm sensitive to strong, overpowering, perfume-y smells.  I like fruity smells and natural soap would be wonderful!

~ A beaded bracelet, necklace, or ankle bracelet.  I have small writs - 6.25 inches (16 cm) and my ankle measures 9.25 inches (23.5 cm).

~ Fabric headbands - my head measures 22 inches (58 cm) where a headband would wrap around.

~ Knitting needle case.  There's one that's bookmarked on my wists that I like.  I'd really love one for DPN's.

~ A surprise!!

Thank you in advance to anyone who crafts for me  Grin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006 05:52:47 PM by littlesailor » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

Etsy ~ Wists ~ Blog
inle_rah
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006 06:59:35 AM »

Hi!  Happy Birthday to all the other October babies! I'm Rachel, and I live in western Mass.  I work in product development for a craft company (which is not as much fun as it sounds).    My favorite color is green, but I love most dark and bright colors.  I have lots of cats.  I am really into celtic, tribal, and asian art.  I love knotwork, skulls, flames, bunnies, swirly designs, pirates....  I love cheesy horror films, and black and white movies, among other things.  So...here is my birthday wishlist, in no particular order:

- bag for on-the-go knitting projects, along the lines of the sock bug

- messenger bag/ tote bag/other type of purse.  I love bags of all kinds.

- microscope slide pendant/necklace or a DIY kit to learn how to make one myself

- hair things - I wear my hair pulled back in a ponytail, or in barrettes a lot.  I love hair sticks, scrunchies, and barrettes (need to be fairly large, as I have thick hair, and a lot of it).

- cool necklace or pendant/ bracelet/other jewelry

- wool roving for spinning or felting

- mix CDs (no country, please) Thanks, millik!

- stitch markers for knitting

- fun socks

- bunny slippers (i wear a us size 9.5)

- a sewing pattern for a corset

- a decorated wooden crafting tray, to use for beading, small crafts, etc.

- a hoodie...with stenciling or something.  i love hoodies.

- a long skirt.

- an amigurumi pattern book

- this pillow (from Today's Creative Homearts) or one similar to it.

- a swap journal (i need help keeping track of what i am doing)

- anything from or inspired by my wists or amazon.com wishlist

- a surprise!  Thanks, millik!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006 01:05:01 PM by inle_rah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006 07:08:06 AM »

Hi! My name is Anna and Ill be turning 21 on the 15th. I live in Finland, so I would like to thank anyone, who wants to send me a present, in advance.
I study Textile and Garment Production at Central Ostrobothnia University of applied sciences. My interests are: knitting, sewing, old films, reading, baking etc. I love vintage stuff. My favorite colors are pink, black, brown, green, red and purple. I'm attracted to bright colors. I like unusual combinations, I don't like 'cold' colors.

Things I would like are:
-   a diy kit, I would love to learn a new craft
-   a colorful sock monkey
-   An amurugumi (sp?) Thank you so much sarah Kiss
-   A mixed CD
-   earrings
-   a charm bracelet
-   a stenciled geek pride t-shirt
-   Foreign sewing\pattern magazineThank you so much littlesailor Kiss
-   Beads (any kind plastic, wood, glass etc.)
-   YarnThank you so much littlesailor Kiss
-   Stitch markers
-   Something to go in my empty kitchen (blues and greens would fit the rest of the dcor)
-   A bag or a purse, any kind (except a clutch, because I will loose it in 3 seconds flat) Thank you so much littlesailor Kiss
-   Something Star Wars (the old films, cant stand the new ones)/Star Trek/Rocky Horror Picture show/Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy/Harry Potter themed
-   A cool dress pattern
-   Something from your area Thank you so much sarah Kiss
-   Felted soap
-       A copy of BUST magazine
-   Anything inspired by my wists
-   A surprise!!! It would be fun what you come up with Thank you so much sarah Kiss

Thank you for crafting for me, I really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006 05:43:44 AM by trillian » THIS ROCKS   Logged

peariso
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006 07:39:07 AM »

Happy Birthday All you October Babies!

Hi!  I'm Peariso and I'm turning 26 on the 17th.  I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada.  I'm totally into crocheting and now journal making, but i do dabble in many different crafts.  I think I'm in love with all things stripes, there is just something about them.  Fall is my favourite season so please feel free to be inspired by the season.

so here it is

* Scrap book paper THANK YOU Homerof2!

* wool,  I would love stuff that could be dyed but not necessary

* knitting needles, I'm a crocheter who is trying to do more of this two stick thing

* a fused glass pendant

* broach, could be felted, melted beads really anything you like to do i love to have pins for my coats

* Fabric!  I can't really get Amy butler here so a meter/yard of some would be lovely

* a vinyl bag THANK YOU K8Kr8s  You are amazing!!

*original art, water colours, acrylics, oil or photography would be lovely

* Mix Cd. 

* Felt purse

* surprise! THANK YOU AGAIN Homerof2!  You totally ROCK!

A Great Big THANK YOU in advance to all who pick  me.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 10:39:46 AM by peariso » THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
princessandthebead
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006 07:55:22 AM »

I am in most excellent October B-day company!!!   I am a probation officer for the state of Texas.  Love my job!  I am also a single mom.  Daughter is 24 and my son will turn 14 this month.

*ATC's or homemade postcards  Thank you veganxwater!  Got them and posted them in the gallery!color]
*  Paper emphemera...especia lly handmade, funky or textured

*  Funky travel bag like this:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=42927.0

*  I am teaching myself how to sew and would love a DIY sewing kit of something you are good at!

*  Beads!!  I make jewelry and would love different beads. 

*  A sock frog??  I love the sock monkeys with 'tude but I collect frogs so I would love to see someone try to do a frog.

*Altered book or altoid tin

*Ritter Sport Chocolate

*I would love a paper mache cow...especially one that was altered and/or was painted.

*A new sewn wallet.

*Anything fun for my desk.  I have ALOT of frogs and my cows in here.  On one wall, I have all of my altered cows framed.  My friends took pictures of cows and then altered them in ways that reminded them of me.  I LOVE it!!

*microscope slide pendant/necklace or a DIY kit to learn how to make one myself

*Mail....I adore getting snail mail! Thank you hgflower....I LOVE getting mail!  This will make me run to the mail box every day looking for it!

*I got a ZEN nano mp3 player for my birthday!!  I would love some kind of holder or a carrier for it!

*Sharpies!!

*Just SURPRISE me!!

About me...I am going to be 44 on my b-day!!  I love pinks with any other color but especially brown and black.  I love bright greens.  I have an ongoing love affair with toile.  I collect cookie cutters, frogs and painted cows.  I like oldies rock and alot of new stuff.  I am THE BIGGEST *Lost* fan that there is!!  I am holding myself to paper crafts, sewing and bead work or I could just go crazy.  Read anything about *Libra* and you get me.

Also...not to be picky but NO CLOWNS.  I hate clowns!  *spits*

« Last Edit: October 20, 2006 02:13:08 PM by princessandthebead » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUS HIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
felly
19th October's the B.dae

the felly to the ellly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006 08:25:16 AM »

Happy birthday all other October peeps!

Hi there, thanks for looking at my list I hope my list isnt too long, but hey.. we only get a birthday once a year so blow me away!! Thanks for fulfilling my wishes!!!

About me:
I am Felicia (felly for short) and I am turning 20 on the 19th of October. I live in Singapore and I love it here!! (please if u need anything from Singapore, pm me and Ill send it over with the thank you card.) I love to knit, sew and do lots of crafts.. basically what I have posted are out of my reach with my current skills so please just gimme something(I sound pretty desperate)  I love getting mail btw =)
Stuff I love:
Hello kitty, sanrio, Pink and black, hearts, girly skulls, cartoons, Disney, Anchors, stars BLING BLING**, abstract, japan punk culture, grafitti

My dear list:

For any of the items please feel free to PM me for the measurments
A laptop sleeve
i have a 12.1 inch laptop, measurments are 12 x 8.5
http://barrysfarm.com/index.php?a=katie
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=97521.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=110298.0
I really love this one -->
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=115710.msg1109586#msg1109586
Hello kitty anything
Hats, bags, stuff can be found in my wists
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72372.0
A nice Cushion
A hoddie / tee
Reconstructed, embellished, sewn..
I wear a xl or 14
A spinning Kit
I really wanna spin yarn but there are no, NO supplies at all in Singapore
ipod nano cover
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=42994.0
Cute Slippers or shoes
I am a size 9-9.5
e.g. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=93917.0
A journal
A glass slide pendant
http://www.vintagefaerie.com/faerie_charms.htm
Change purse
e.g. http://www.splityarn.com/split_yarn/2005/10/sew_an_easy_cha.html
Small tote
When I need to carry my purse, cellphone, ipod and keys
Small messenger or sling bag
For carrying the above
e.g.http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119174.0
Roll-up Pencil Case
e.g.http://pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/2006/05/20/whiplash-entry-week-6-colored-pencil-roll/
Big Messenger
For School
A clutch
e.g. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24610.0
a shrug
Any sock yarn or just any yarn
Any hat
ATCs
DIY kitany new craft

Anything from out of Singapore
Anything on my wists list
http://www.wists.com/felly
Surprise me! Pretty please??  thANKS gavagai I LOVE Ya!!!

I really hope the list is now scaring you off but the instructions mentioned to post as many wishes as possible.. thanks a lot for fulfilling my wishes
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006 08:20:10 AM by felly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FeLLy BeLLy MeLLy JeLLy KeLLy TeLLy *heart* Crafty

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/felly
andy8715
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006 11:11:31 AM »

October babies unite. (I don't want to brag but we are the best month)

My name is Amber and I'm going to be nineteen on October 15th.   

1. Learn to spin kit.  I've really been wanting to learn to spin my own yarn and a kit to do that would be awesome.

2. A silk-screened or stenciled T-shirt. I really only wear t's in a men's large.

3. A bear bag thing like on my wist. 

4. I love buttons that have random sayings or pictures on them.

5. stitch markers.  I really like these lizard ones. Scroll a little to get to the pic I think.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=120737.70 THANK YOU  Danderson !!!! yay presents!

6. Making your own rubber stamps looks interesting so stamp carving supplies, a guide, etc. would be nice.

7. An amigurumi.  I <3 the little foods that are all smiley and happy looking.

8. Some of those pellets for putting in beany animals.  I can't find them anywhere.  Cry

9. handmade soaps would be cool. THANK YOU Knitting_nyxxie!!! yay more present!!!!

10. YARN.  The way I aquired the small amount i have now was by way of my mom's church friend.  SHe just gave me a bag of knotted up yarn. It took me hours but I love unknotting stuff.  Undecided i have no idea why.

11. A bag of some sort to carry crochet in.  Shoving a plastic bag full in my book bag is getting old since I already have so much stuff in there.

12. A duct tape wallet.

13. A headband. i had one made of an old t-shirt but who knows where that went.  Huh

14. Magnets for my mini fridge.

15.  Skeleton keys.  They rock!!!

16.  Painted van-a-like or converse look alikes would be awesome.  Size 10W in women's.

17.  A messenger bag.  I totally need one.  Myne is way too huge. 

18. A surprise! They are the funnest.

I live in southern Louisiana.  I totallly love the Postal Service.  They are my favorite band ever.  I'm also getting into the Decemberists and Amy Ziff.  My favorite color is green, but I also like blue alot. But not together.  I somewhat loath pink.  I'm not very girly, I love the Legend of Zelda, kitties (especially my black cat Apollo.  Cry he's 300 miles away) I love the fact that I'm left handed. And math. I <3 Math.  I think it took me not having any math in college to realize how much I miss it. I love love love crocheting amigurumi.  I think it's the fact that you can see them take shape and they seem to have personalities. 

Thank you everyone  Grin

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006 08:43:10 AM by Ambo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006 11:13:45 AM »

I'm turning the corner onto my late twenties on October 22nd. It's a dark day for me  Tongue  I'll be 26.

Lucky 13 wishes:

1. A remade/handmade shirt - anything from jersey fabric with a yoke = <3 (This one is adorable! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=90580.0)

2. An amigurumi animal - there are some examples of the animals I like on my wists, I also like elephants Smiley

3. A nice bookmark or two. (I love love love love this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=114329.msg1200479#msg1200479)

4. Roving!

5. A needle for needle-felting

6. A knit hat with a bill - not poofy like a rasta hat but more structured and closer to the head.  There's one made by Element or Etnies a few years ago that was a-ma-zing.

7. Your art - ready to hang is best because I'm lazy about buying frames and things.  I like graffiti inspired things, stencil things, revamped pictures, you can see some examples of other art I like on my wists.

8. Some Shrinky Dink material

9. A buddha shrine

10. Embroidery or cross-stitch patterns.  Any really as long as they are NOT country cutesy.

11. Winter just smacked me across the face here in Chicago and I need some lip balm! Thank you VERY much jesintexas

12. A funky coffee cup (Anything interesting, even pre-owned doesn't scare me)

13. Anything from my wists

+1! A cute pincushion in a funky shape

How about just anything so I don't feel like the last kid picked at dodgeball  Roll Eyes

I live in and adore Chicago. I'm enraptured by animals and birds especially strange ones.  I like graffiti and electronic music. I make plush. I can't knit.  I like black and white and black and hot pink. I like earth tones.  I hate purple and yellow and bright orange.

Here's my wists:

http://www.wists.com/jungrrl

I changed a few to make it interesting... Also, anything that involves any major crafting I'll be sure to send you a little sumthin'  sumthin' Wink Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 02:54:40 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006 11:27:52 AM »

hallo and happy birthday to all you October crazies! Grin

I'm from Argentina but I live in Columbus,Ohio...haha!  anyway...My birthday is on the 15th and I will be 27.  I'm kind of a crazy little girl, and I definately don't have one style...I love 20s classy dresses, art nouveau, 50s pouffy skirts, 60s mod designs, cutesy things (but not fruitsy cute....) some "goth" or "punk" styled items, etc...yea.  I love sewing, and have just gotten into knitting and crocheting, and also like card-making and just started jewelry making.  I love my husband and our pugs too!  You can go to my swap info blog (in my signature) if you want to know any more.

My boifday wishlist:

-any of the necklaces on my wists!!!!  This is my #1 choice, heehee!

-a Gir (from Invader Zim) t-shirt (with this image: http://shell3.lomag.net/~amizuno/stuff/gir.gif) or stuffy of Gir in his dog suit for my wonderful hubby, who is also an October baby!  He wears a size Medium. thanks trillian!!!!!!!  my husband will crap his pantalones!!!! Grin

-a knitted bag like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=118034.10
(the one mdsvc89 made for kiwimonkey!  I looove the colour too)

-a black or olive green knitted or crocheted hooded poncho, like this one: http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/bubbatink/?action=view&current=WishList-1.jpg&refPage=220&imgAnch=imgAnch221

-zippers, ribbon, bias tape, etc, all sorts of sewing notions!!

-handmade soaps (look in my info swap blog for scent preferences!)

-handmade candles

-stationery!

-jewelry making supplies

-yarn yarn yarn!  I love variegated yarn (eh, I'm learning!) preferably in worsted weight or thicker.  I love all sorts of yarn really, anything will do!

-any kind of purse you're best at making!  I've made myself so many bags, and I love sporting other crafters lovely pursies.

-fabric!  I can never have enough fabric!

-foreign fashion magazines

-your old Lucky, Real Simple, Ready Made and/or Bust magazines!

-Kinder eggs!

-stroopwafels!!!  YEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! robbedbyapickle, THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!  ooooh yea!!!

-anything from my wists

-a surprise!!

woohoooo!  thanks!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006 06:54:46 PM by bubba*tink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
stolendreams

I'm thinking we'll rise again

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006 11:40:20 AM »

Happy Birthay all the other October Babies  Cheesy

Hi, I'm Becky, I'm from the UK. I'll be 20 on 23rd October. I'm a part time maths student and about to start volunteering in a donkey sanctuary. I love to cross stitch, bead and make candles, I'm learning to knit and crochet and there are about a hundred other crafts I plan to or want to learn.
Things I love:
Sheep (I have a collection), animals, purple, pink, blue, red, black, firefly (the tv show), stars, anything colourful, anything craft related.
Things I hate:
I'm terrified of spiders and insects, please nothing like that, thank you.

My wish list:

* Anything sheep related to add to my collection (I have everything from mugs to bags to toys) - thank you danderson

* beads - thank you trillian

* a bag or a purse (not a clutch because I'll put it down and never find it again)

* a pencil case to replace my boring plain black one

* A swap journal

* DIY kit for a new craft. I'd especially love a sock knitting or a spinning kit

* yarn - thank you trillian

* fabric

* some original artwork to hang in my bedroom, its being repainted light purple so anything that will look good with that would be great

* anything firefly or serenity related (the tv show and movie) I'm a huge fan

* something inspired by my wists

* mix cd. Some of the bands I like are: green day, fall out boy, robbie williams, coldplay, u2, mcr, sugarcult, kaiser chiefs, franz ferdinand, nickleback and many many more. I have a really wide taste in music and I'd love to add to my collection.
- thank you trillian

* anything disney related, especially winnie the pooh and finding nemo themed

*A surprise! Grin

I hope the length of the list didn't put people off. Thank you in advance if anyone picks me
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 03:37:56 PM by risingphoenix » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/stolendreams

Formerly known as risingphoenix
Double Oh Sarah
secret agent girl

secret agent girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006 01:01:49 PM »

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer anything (Tara, Willow, Faith, and Giles are my favorite characters)
- My Little Pony anything
- Anything else having to do with my main obsessions listed below
- Cute stitch markers (I'm learning how to knit and crochet !)
- Hair accessories. I recently had my natural curly hair layered and cut so it frames my face. So.. cute barretts or something like that would be appreciated !
- Any type of earrings, but no heavy ones please. - Thank you, LaughingLark !!
- An amigurumi toy of an animal (see below for favorites), or a cute food (like a cupcake or something).
- A bag, maybe something for my knitting and crochet stuff ?
- Just about any kind of jewelry - a new necklace would be fab !
- Fabric scraps
- Altoid tins
- Anything for the Pullip I'm planning to buy sometime in the next few months
- A surprise !

Wow, so many October babies ! Cheesy My name is Sarah and I live in Southern Indiana, USA. I'll be 24 years old on the 30th.

My main obsessions are My Little Ponies (any and all - old line or new, I'm a long time collector), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Princess Bride, Batman (Harley Quinn especially), The Last Unicorn, James Bond (strictly Sean Connery), and Titanic (the movie and I'm also a Titanic history buff). I have two cats that I love more than anything in the world. They're my babies and I spoil them all the time. My favorite colors are light pink, purple, black, and silver. Cats, rabbits, unicorns, and raccoons are my favorite animals.

Hopefully I don't sound like an awful brat or anything, but I thought I'd list a few things I don't care for as well. The colors yellow and aqua, overly religious stuff, mix tapes/CDs (I'm picky), and journals (I don't use them). And I'm not really interested in clothes/fashion or any animals I didn't list above. Smiley

Thanks for reading ! And thank you so much in advance in case I get picked. Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006 07:17:51 PM by Double Oh Sarah » THIS ROCKS   Logged
teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006 06:58:34 PM »

I'm in Canada.

Hi my name is Rae. I live on my own with two room mates downtown toronto and go to school studying animation. I'm currently in my second year of the program and love it to pieces. I'll be 21 on the 16th. I draw. When I'm not drawing I'm usualy playing video games, painting, watching cartoons, or crafting. Sometimes more than one at once. I hope to one day be a character designer.

My list:

Supplies:
1. Mohair or hand spun wool in solid colours for doll hair
2. Old playing cards (the more worn the better) - thanks princessandthebead
3. Skull Beads

Crafted Stuff:
1. I would love a round necked sweater. PM for measurements. See wists for style ideas. I like almost any colour. (I'd send you thank you presents)

2. a T-shirt or badge or pinback button or hoodie (in white on black, or black on red) with any of the following on it:
->"I'm taking my skeleton for a walk."
->"My cult is recruiting too."
->"I draw a lot."
->"Feel through the form."
->"Bystanders will be towed."
->The Venus de Willendorf   
    http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5263/venusofw9eu.jpg
->Cutesy Skull (like here:   
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/34774662/ )
->a Skull
->the crafty pirate with sewing needles (hint hint Leah you should offer this in the store ;] )
->a Heart (or hearts)
->a Sun
->a Rose (or roses)
->sock puppet(s)

3. I would love an altoid tin modification to carry around my loose drawing pastels in. (Cont, NuPastel, Mungyo's Soft Pastel)

4. Pillow cases. I have an unhealthy thing for pillows.

5. A cuddle sized plushie would be grand.

6. Stretchy Bracelets. Rainbow colours = love. Wrist is 7 1/2" round.

7. Dangly earrings with crazy wierd cutesy beads.

8. A surprise from my wists.

9. A surprise.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006 05:34:46 PM by teddybearbones » THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
sarah-

Feeling the need to crochet...

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006 01:06:11 PM »

Hi all the October people! I hope everyone has a great birthday Cheesy

I'm Sarah and I'm from the UK, I forgot to mention that I will be 19 on the 28th Smiley

Here is my list:

1. Laptop sleeve, something I can put it in and it won't get scratched while it's in my bag - I'm about to buy a new laptop hopefully macbook so it will need a pretty case Cheesy - this is my number 1 item

2. Wool yarn - Patons Classic so I can felt it, ask for colours

3. Funky scarf for this winter or autumn since it is freezing already!

4. Knitted fingerless gloves Thank you inle_rah!

5. Stencilled/screen printed anything maybe a hoody/t-shirt

6. Pretty bracelet or neckalce for nights out or everyday.

7. Small-ish make up bag for a few essentials

8. A bag, maybe a clutch for nights out - able to hold key, mobile phone, purse and lip balm.

9. MP3 cozy, it's a sony HD3 I think, but i can give measurements Smiley

10. Original Artwork for my bland bedroom.

11. Yarn - rainbow striped? enough to knit some socks from.

12. Anything to make my University life better or more organised Cheesy

13. ATCs - I have recently become interested in these but don't have any.Thanks sissychrissy1 you have started my collection!

14. An ATC holder/folder/organiser - For when I get some Wink

15. Anything funky or cool for my flat when I move!

16. Anything from my wists or inspired by my wists - link below

17. Needle felting kit

18. A birthday card Smiley

19. A Surprise!

I live in Scotland in the UK, it's very cold already and it's not even winter. I will shortly be moving into a flat in the city of Aberdeen where I am studying a degree in Engineering. When I have free time I like to craft, but I mainly crochet and knit a bit Smiley
Colours I like would be all the bold ones, I'm not a pastel person.
I love cats and my ginger kitty is my baby, so anything with cats is cool.
PM me for any sizes you need Smiley
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006 11:21:55 AM by sarah- » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah -

http://www.wists.com/sarah-
teamo.etsy.com - Miniature bears now available!

I'd love to do a personal swap! - PM me!
cinnamon teal
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006 03:31:11 PM »

Hi all you lovely October babies.  A very merry unbirthday, from me to you! Cheesy
My name is Jessi.  I live in California  and I am turning 25 on the 12th.

Here's-a my leest:

- wristlets: I would love a pair of cabled wristlets (or fingerless gloves or whatever you wish to call them) to keep my skinny-minnie wrists warm

- spoon rest: I am in desperate need of a cute spoon rest.  I really like this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/91491847@N00/255610460/ but anything pretty and simple would be fantastic

- Aprons are always greatly appreciated.

- some mod fabric- Thank you, hgflower!!

- a necklace or bracelet

- something to put on my bare walls: original artwork would be great or even something simple like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=123895.0

- stitch markers for knitting

- any hand spun and/or dyed yarn

- hand made cards or cards with prints of your original artwork

- an indie mixed CD - Thank you, hgflower!!

- a surprise!  I love surprises!!

so, a bit about me:  I just moved to northern california and away from my hometown for the first time in my life.  My husband is a grad student and I am looking for work - hopefully something with kids.  Right now, my favorite craft is knitting but I haven't met a craft I didn't like.  I love color.  I usually wear light colors, neutrals and earth tones.  I love most music but my current favorites are Beck, Martin Sexton and David Gray (I've been in a pretty mellow mood lately).  I love movies, especially funny, artsy ones like I Heart Huckabees and all Wes Anderson's films.  I am also infatuated with film shorts.  Celebrities who's style I like include Audrey Hepburn and Zooey Deschanel.   I really like imagery taken from nature - like flowers and trees and animals and stuff.  I also have a fascination with natural history - like at a museum with stuffed birds and pinned bugs and everything is all labeled and categorized.  I love learning new things.  I don't like anything with a strong scent and I have pretty sensitive skin.  I'm mildly allergic to cat hair and I'm very sensitive to caffeine.  I think that's just about it, but if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Huge thanks and hugs and kisses to anyone who chooses to craft for me! Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006 02:31:15 PM by cinnamon teal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006 05:10:13 PM »

It's my birthday month!!! I'm so excited to join this swap. My name's Jessica and I'll be turning 28 on October 30th. Smiley

Just to mix it up, I'll tell you about myself first and then make my list. I'm a grad student at Caltech and I'm hoping to get my PhD in December or January. I just got engaged and I'm getting married in April. Smiley (My life's pretty much on a roll right now!) I usually describe my style as sort of classic modern or funky traditional. I know those seem like oxymorons, but I like classic shapes paired with funky fabrics and contemporary things done with a traditional material. (I wonder if that helps explain it at all?) I like impressionist painters and love the colors pink and red, but I'm also into new color pallates like chocolate and blue together. I also love roses. Smiley

I always have a hard time making lists of what I want, so here's my best try:

1. A surprise! I love birthday surprises.

2. An autumn-y tote. (Our awesome moderator, jesintexas, made me the most wonderful, reversible tote for the FOC swap. I've been using it all summer and now I'm obsessed with tote bags.)

3. PJ bottoms. I'm pretty "curvy" and it's hard to find comfy, cute pajamas in my size. I'll send you my measurements, if you want.

3. A needle felting kit. I desperately want to try needle felting. I'm not supposed to be buying crafty things right now though, because I'm getting married in the spring and we're trying to save money.

4. Help designing my wedding stuff. I know it's a long shot to ask for it here, but I'm trying to design save-the-date cards and wedding invites and design is not my strongest suit. If you're an awesome graphic artist who could help me make something cooler than what I can do, I would love you forever and ever and ever.

5. A reconstructed tee or two. Like I mentioned, I'm bigger than the average bear and I have a hard time finding things that are trendy that fit me well. Part of it is that I'm short-waisted and all the t-shirts out there are really long right now. (This looks VERY bad on me...) I'm tired of wearing boring shirts...

6. Jewelry is always awesome. I love earrings. A lot. Grin Tara1979 is sending me some earrings! Thank you!!!!

7. Some cool crochet patterns. I'm a relatively experienced crochet-er so I'll try anything new.

8. A surprise!!! Really, I just want a surprise. Smiley

Happy Birthday and Un-birthday to everyone reading.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006 01:31:02 AM by eirle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
Hookin Flamingo

What were you saying again?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006 06:29:57 PM »

I am an October baby too!
But, I don't feel like a baby compaired to all of you  Tongue
I turned 31 on Oct 1st so I feel OLD  Cheesy

Well here is a little about me...
My name is Donna and I live in Mississippi
Mother to Jeremy age 5 and Stefanie age 8. Married for almost 10 years (on Nov 30th) to my high school sweetheart Adam.
Let me think what else...
I am a waitress during the day (It gets me out of the house while the kids are at school and gives me extra money from crafts) and I spend my of my off time crafting or with the kids.
 I am a hiker,camper, fisher, love NASCAR, collect flamingo and polar bears. Love anything to do with coca-cola (except the Santa) My fav holiday is halloween and I go all out for it. I love to read and my fav books are vampire books, Anne Rice. Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris and may others. My dream man is a sexy vampire with dark hair, saphire blue eyes and glowing white skin (HMMMMMM!!!YUM!!!) lol
Music I listen to ranges from NickleBack to Led Zepplen, Shaggy to Hank Williams (Jr and Sr)
I love to watch CSI: Las Vegas, Survivor, and Dirty Jobs.
The thing I look forward to every night is to get a glass of wine a good book and lay in a hot bubble bath until i am relaxed and ready for bed.
There are so many other things I could tell you about me but I don't want this to turn into a novel so.....
Here is my wish list:

#1 Anything Halloween and I don't mean justthe cutsie Halloween stuff. I love all thing bloody, gory, gross and macabre.

#2 Anything with Flamingos

#3 Anything coca-cola (if you are from a  different country I would love a can or bottle of coke from your country to add to my collection)

#4 Since I am a waitress I love cute ink pens to take orders with.
The funnier, bigger, brighter and more eye catching the better.
They get people talking and then they leave more tips  Wink

#5 Cool earrings.  Same as the pens they are great conversation starters. But, I can not wear anything to work bigger than a quarter

#6 The other man in my life is my 4 year old black cat Gary. So anything to add to my black cat collection.

#7  Smallish coin purses. I use them for keeping my tips and money in so they have to fit in my apron. The one I have now is about the size of a quart zip lock bag and it is the perfect size

#8  I smoke so a neat cigg holder would be so cool. Something to hold my pack of smokes and my lighter

#9  Bath stuff for a good smelling bubble bath. Bath salts, fizzies, bubble bath etc etc

#10 Anything from my wist of course (link in my sig)

#11 Cute poly clay critters. I have seen some really cute ones on craftsters and I just wish I could work with clay the waysome people can.

#12 I like to make journals so any kind of neat papers, stickers, stamps etc

#13  a kit to help me learn how to do stenciling on t-shirts bags etc

#14 Candles yummy smelling one that I can light while I take my bubble bath.

#15 A surprise...I love surprises

« Last Edit: October 07, 2006 05:28:13 PM by Hookin Flamingo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to make you a journal for a personal swap. PM me!
My wist: http://www.wists.com/hookinflamingo
My blog: http://thehappyhookinflamingo.blogspot.com/

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
jz lyk D
Miss Super Slippers.

stoked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006 10:58:00 AM »

Hello world! My name's Durrah, I just turned 19 a couple of days ago, 2nd October. I'd like to say thank you in advance, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY all October Babies!

About myself: I'm from Singapore, I love to travel, explore new cultures and getting to know people. I love photography, and someday I hope to circle the earth taking photographs, maybe earn a living from it, it seems like a big dream, for I have only started getting the interest in photography about over a year ago. Here's my gallery- maybe you can try figure out my likes are from the photos: http://delveindementia.deviantart.com

Other than photography, i love nature, i love being at the beach- if i had some waves here, i'd surf! I love surfing lots because it gives me this huge rush being in tune with nature. Water things are really great- i love to swim too, and i've tried to wakeboard, but i dont enjoy it as much as surfing!

I love music, after my GCE O's, I learnt to play the guitar, played it for a little, i play much less now, but i still love listening to music. Here are some artists that i listen to: the calling, john mayer, jamie cullum, incognito, jason mraz, semisonic, the vines, lenny kravitz. On my birthday my boyfriend played me a song by teddy geiger (for you i will-confidence). I thought it was the awesomest thing ever to happen to me for no one ever played the guitar and sung to me *faints* haha..

Well as we all can see, the things i love love love are: photography & travelling, anything water, pref. surfing, and music (and my bf!) Wink

Here's my wishlist, I've just received bhean's mail, and i love it! thanks!  Cheesy

1. Anything to do with cameras/photography- it could be a little purse to store my CF and SD cards, (i use a DSLR Olympus e-500 camera, and a compact ricoh), or it can be a tshirt with a graphic of a camera- i wear ladies' small, UK 8.

2. A bag for school! My A4 file has to fit in and if pockets were available i'd be more than happy! The bag may be any kind really, as long as my file can fit! Smiley Also, if there is a really pretty girly floral print, i'd be overjoyed!

3. Something that reminds me of surfing that i can take everywhere i go, because its been a while since i last surfed!

4. A vinyl record anything!

5. Dress patterns from the 50's/60's/70's.
thanks bhean! i just received your pack!

6. A pretty purse for me to bring out on dates with my bf. (all this while ive been relying on my jeans pockets!ugly buldges!) size at smallest: it has to be able to hold a cell phone, and a disposable camera.

7. Something for my room- i'll be redecorating it very soon (it's beach/surf inspired)

8. A surfing sign- those yellow square/diamond plates with a graphic or phrase of something surf related.

9. A mix cd of some local bands in your country.

10. A red hoodie with horns! (I'm a UK size 8 )

11. A reversible ribbon belt

12. A fanny purse (the hipslinger)

13. Something of your crafty expertise!

14. Anything with polka dots!

15. Shrinky Dink Sheets!!

16. Anything with my name on it. My name's Durrah.

17. A pretty necklace. thank you again bhean! it's a really cool one, i've never seen one quite like it! Cheesy

18. A fork bracelet (because for the life of me i cannot figure out how to!)

19. My 19th wish in my 19th birthday wishlist would be: A SURPRISE from you! I LOVE surprises! thanks again! i loved the pretty earrings, and the button! thanks bhean!

Thank you!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006 07:09:14 AM by jz lyk D » THIS ROCKS   Logged

for that split second, everything was perfect.
Rain
Teal Turtle Queen

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006 07:45:25 PM »

Hullo, fellow October babies. [: Happy Birthday to you all!
Thanks in advance!

My Wishlist:

- a mixed-paper journal

- earrings

- handspun yarn

- the maiden's glory headdress from AnitCraft http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/beltane06/maidensglory.htm

- fabric (Celtic, sea creatures, turtles, superheros)

- an amigurumi turtle or beaver

- a padded laptop case/bag

- an embellished zip-up hoodie, guy's medium

- elbow-length gloves (knitted, sewn, whatever!)

- a learn-to-stencil kit

- a "Sewing Goodies" bag  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73010.0

- a circle skirt or some other non-form-fitting, mid-calf length skirt

- ATCs

- a stencilled Snape t-shirt, adult medium

- anything from my wists http://www.wists.com/Rain

- themed mix CDs

About Me: I'll be 18 on the 29th, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I'm in my first year of university at McMaster studying History and Classics. I have three cats and a puppy, and am really fond of turtles. I love teal, purple, and green, and spend most of my time reading and knitting. I love rainy, grey days and kayaking.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006 07:48:04 PM by Rain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reen
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006 08:44:36 AM »

Hi, Im Carreen from New York/Connecticut. Im in 11th grade in school and Im constantly trying to find time in which to craft, (I often try to knit in class which sometimes proves to be a bad idea). My birthday is the 29th of October and I'll be turning 17. While at school the best part of the day is ceramics which I also work on at home, (and I really need a better apron!) and after school I do backstage work for the school plays before going home to knit and occasionally doing homework. My favorite color is blue, but I like most everything except for orange and purple. Well, orange can be okay in some circumstances Happy birthday to all the other October babies out there and heres my list!

1. Sewing patterns/instructions/fabric (Im still a beginner looking for somewhat simple projects)

2. An apron! (I really need one, either for ceramics or for less messy crafts so it could be either a big denim ceramics one or a little half apron thing with cute fabric, whichever you like)

3. Wool dye

4.Wool to spin

5. A new bag (eee! I love new bags, anything is great, backpacks, messengers, or totes)

6. Yarn of course (esp handspun!)

7. Knitting needles, (any size is appreciated, I keep having to give them away to new knitters, so it wouldnt hurt to have more than one set in a size)

8. Anything knit by anyone

9. A more fashionable tape measure (I tend to wear mine around my neck a lot and its sort of ugly and annoying, definitely need a more fashionable one!)

10. Better stitch markers (mine suck and tend to fall off)

11. Better point protectors

12. A needle roll thing

13. Any kind of stuffed animal

14. Any jewelry (esp rings or necklaces)

15. Cool paper supplies

16. Things Halloween related (Ill leave that up to you, anything would be cool)

17. A surprise!

Thanks in advance and again, a very happy birthday to everybody!
Carreen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sissychrissy1
SO GOOD!

eenie meanie miney CRAFT!

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006 10:27:49 AM »

Yea for October!  I'm excited to be involved in such a fun swap!

My name is Christina, and I'm turning 26 on the 16th.  I'm a transplant from Texas to Boston, I work in social services, and I'm obsessed with crafting.  My crafting obsessions tend to cycle, and I've gone from knitting to sewing to other crafts to papercrafts and then bounced around the whole lot again.  My style is sort of mod with punk, hippie, and classic influences, and my look would probably most frequently be described as "cute."  My favorite colors are hot pink/magenta and turquoise blue.  I like stars and polka dots.  I love to cook, love big bright designs, and love to be surprised.  Here is my list, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes this on!  Smiley

1. fun stitch markers   Thanks, Alwaysinmyroom!

2. a hoodie in this style, but with any design (I'm a medium/large - 40" bust to give an idea):  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119273.0

3. a fun t-shirt (again, an adult M, or a L or XL in American Apparel type shirts)

4. earrings with silly things on them (some of my current faves include cupcakes and dinosaurs) Thanks, taerowyn!

5. papers with neat patterns (to use for ATCs)

6. fingerless gloves with the fold-over mitten bit

7. vintage photographs (black and sepia preferred, but anything that is an actual photograph and looks old): http://images.google.com/images?q=vintage+photographs&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&rls=HPIB%2CHPIB%3A2005-18%2CHPIB%3Aen

8. original artwork

9. anything inspired by my wists: http://www.wists.com/sissychrissy1

10. neat flavored coffee or tea, anything but hazelnut or chocolate

11. a funky needle book: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82733.msg791732#msg791732

12. big hoop earrings

13. a spoon ring: http://images.google.com/images?q=spoon+ring&hl=en

14. Teen Girl Squad mittens: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73251.0

15. surprise me!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 02:13:46 PM by sissychrissy1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2006 04:16:03 PM »

I am Tara, and I will be 27 on the 19th Cheesy It is also our first wedding anniversary Wink We are in Kamloops, BC Canada.

I love all animals, but am not too terrible fond of spiders (I used to own an exotic pet store, including spiders, scorpions, snakes and much much more!). I don't have any children, but we do have 4 very spoiled cats! They are deffinitely my life Cheesy I also have 1 hamster, and 3 fish tanks (2 are strictly mine - Shubunkins and goldfish, and guppies). I am hoping to adopt a pair of baby rats soon, if hubby is ok with it (I used to breed, and had a large rattery for 11 years).

I love all colors, but I am truly fond of Autumn colors, dark red, dark blue, black with silver, etc. Actually all colors, I'm not too terribly picky!

I love music of all kinds, reading everything and anything, love writing, drawing, painting, scrapbooking, origami, beading, all kinds of crafts, etc.

I am a total chocoholic, my favorite being dark (eg. 85% and higher) with cashews (my most devilish treat). I am diabetic, so I need to watch how much I indulge. I am newly on insulin as well.

I unfortunately have a lot of allergies - perfumed items and red & blue food coloring, processed tomato sauce, etc. I love ethnic foods: Chinese, Indian, First nations, Thai, etc. I love sushi! I love coffee, but can only tollerate decaf. I love tea of many kinds, etc.

Here are some of my wishes:

~ Anything with David Krumholtz - I am a huge fan, and just adore the guy, lol!

~ Jewelry making supplies (beads, charms, wire, findings, etc. etc. etc.)

~ Anything origami! Books, booklets, paper, kits, etc.

~ Anything to do with drawing - paper, pencils, white erasers, how-to books (eg. how to draw dogs, horses, people, etc), etc.

~ Stickers! I have been collecting stickers for 17 years, and always love to find new ones Wink

~ Anything to do with scrapbooking. I am just starting on our wedding album (dark blue and autumn colors), and I am constantly working on my SPCA book (1000+ photos to use, all themed dogs and cats), as well as my family holiday book. I have also just discovered digital scraping, and loooooove it!

~ Anything to do with rubber stamping. I am new to it, but truly love it!

~ A cook book or recipes. Any that are easy to make, primarily vegetarian if possible (or could be made with chicken). I'd love some lower-carb ones (ones that I could incorporate into my meal planning for diabetes), but that isn't required Smiley

~ Any old scrapbooking, beading, or general craft magazines or books. Doesn't matter how old! I love them all Wink

~ I love making paper dolls - I've been collecting digital templates for years, and love using them. I'd love a plastic template for dolls, bears, clothes or whatever.

~ Surprise me! I am very easy to please, and I am difficult to offend, lol. Thank you Erile!

I want to thank anyone who choses me in advance! Hope everyone here has a wonderful birthday! Happy crafting!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006 04:14:48 PM by Tara1979 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006 05:14:34 PM »

Hi!  I'm Betzi and I'm eternally just turning 30.  My birthday is Oct 18th.

Kits/Stuff I want to learn

--learn to needle felt

polymer clay moldscant get enough of em!

--Lip balm or lotion making

--art doll kit!

--soap making or candle making

--resin kit

--microscope slide kit (i will of course "liberate" the sodering tool from hubby)

--I am pretty open to learning all sorts of new things, so any type of new craft kit would be neat. The ones I mentioned above are things that I have been wanting to learn for a while. Im really open to new ideas, so if you have a craft and really want to share it with me, by all means! Hobbies and can-dos are listed below.

Other Stuff:

--An apron in kitchy/retro fabric.  i only have one apron and it is TATTERED.   thanks ctgirl!  you're the best!

--wisties:  http://www.wists.com/betzi

--cherry earrings/necklace/bracelet made from your craft of choice. Nothing too flashy or huge

stitch markers

--I collect teapots (and yes, i'm a tea junkie), soooo...teapot related items.  a teapot made in/from your area would be the ultimate!

--In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, I am trying to do away alltogether with paper napkins.  We are a family of four and have 2 sets already, but they are used up rapidly! 

--Again, we are trying to be more environmentally aware, and have done away with those darn plastic grocery store bags.  HOWEVER grocery shopping for a family of 4 takes a LOT of fabric tote bags.  sooooo any simple, tough totebags would be more than welcome.  the ones we have are pretty standard (beige canvas bags), so cheerier models would be appreciated!  maybe oilcloth?  that could be fun...

--anything to store stuff for any of my hobbies: crochet, knitting, sewing, stamping, embroidery etc. could be a anything from tote to box of some sort. Just surprise me!

--I would really like to have a bag like this (in muted colors and/or nifty fabric): http://www.knitpicks.com/tools/itemid_80268/tools_display.aspx . I like that it has a snap that you can attach to your belt and a loop that is snapped on to the inside that acts as a yarn guide. The color choices are too bright for me, but the size is great: 6 inch diameter bottom by 8 inches tall).   the lining fabric should probably be something slick and slippery, so the yarn can zip through nice and fast!

--if you have a surprise in mind, i will welcome I will welcome it! 

about me

I am currently a SAHM to two really great and amazing kids, one of whom was the New Years Baby 2006 (yay!). She's 9 months old, he is 3 yrs old. I looooove to knit and am beginning to learn crochet, and have an interest in pretty much all sorts of other needle arts, indluding machine sewing and hand embroidery. I also stamp and dabble in circle journals and altered books. I love pretty much all colors, but dont like orange-yellow-brown combos, neons, or pastels. I'm pretty much open to all kinds of patterns, but prefer something fun, maybe retro, over romantic and flowery. I'm so in to the show LOST. I LOVE cats (especially retro ones like my avatar) and birds (and yes, i am painfully aware that the two dont' mix!), and any thing at all related to cherries or strawberries, or just about any other fruit or veggie. I love coffee and tea. They are vital to my survival!

Oh, and I should mention I am very easy to please!

Thanks in advanced to anyone who choses to craft for me!   Grin
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006 06:02:21 PM by betzi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

taerowyn

Let's hope we're worth it.

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006 07:03:41 PM »

Hi!  I know it's past my birthday, but I had to wait for my first ever swap to end before I could sign-up. I can see myself easily getting addicted to this whole process...who needs to make crafts to sell when we can swap  Grin

Anyway, I'm in Boston and I turned 28 on October 12. Much as I love all I got for my birthday, I'm the crafty one in my circle of friends, so I could still use some crafty birthday goodness.

Things I'd like:

A bag/wristelt/purse/what-have-you.  Here's a few I've seen and liked:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=109549.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45985.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=122518.0

A nestlace! I think these are adorable:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106073.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=109064.0

Monsters! Whether a purse/journal/stuffie/whatever...I love the trend in monsters:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=121260.0
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninacuneo/sets/1089577/

Or other various fun stuffies like:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=44943.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119775.0

Melted Beads and CD jewelry...I just learned about these from Craftster and I love what I've seen and would love even more to have some of my own.

Glass jewelry...I love the stuff but don't have access to the facilities to make it. Styles I've seen and liked:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=124775.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125456.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=84133.0

Anything Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman or Joss Whedon related because yes, I am a total fangirl:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19076.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=41611.0

I'm also a science geek so anything science related is great (I hear rumors of a DNA knit stitch...drool!)

Fingerless gloves/arm-warmers...preferably the kind that go up to your elbow.  It's about to get really cold here in Boston and my apartment is very drafty. I can never have enough pairs of fingerless gloves so that my hands stay warm and I can still craft and craftster with ease.

A surprise!  Sometimes the best gifts are the ones you have no expectations about.

A bit about me, well as described above I'm a sci-fi/fantasy fan. I work in the environmental field doing web stuff so I like green-living and design elements and technolgy etc. I've been crafty ever since i can remember...cross-stitch, scrapbooking, card-making, beading, jewelry-making, just starting to get into embroidery and sewing...the list goes on and on. General tastes? I tend towards mod/geometric designs, love black and white with one accent color (most often red, but anything will do), jewel tones and neutrals.  Neons and pastels aren't my thing, neither are most florals...um...if you want to get a taste of my personality and other interests you can check out my LJ http://taerowyn.livejournal.com/profile.

Thank you in advance and thanks to jesintexas...what a cool idea!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006 10:56:59 PM by taerowyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty McWist

I am de-stashing a *ridiculous* amount of stamping supplies (mostly Stampin' Up)...PM if you're interested in purchasing or swapping for them
suzeeannie
Bella Of The Ball

I love you like a fat kid loves cake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006 07:54:56 AM »

Aloha! My name's Suzanne. I'll be 18 (yey!) on the 27th October. I live in Scotland. Smiley

I though I should post a little bit about me first. I'm currently at college doing social sciences. I like it because it includes psychology and I'm very interested in the human brain. I'm (hopefully) going to be able to swith courses after 2 years at college and go on to do archaeology at university, which is what I really want to do. In my spare time I enjoy crafting (ofcoarse), writing, music, painting, poetry and art. I can also play guitar (although I'm officially rubbish at it!) I also like to make and collect ATCs. I also have  a yorkshire terrier called Pepsi who I love to pieces! Smiley
EDIT: As of 10 minutes ago, I can also make handmade paper which disintigrates (sp?) at the slightest touch  Undecided Oh well, maybe next time...

Okay, my wishies (I have no idea how to write this without sounding greedy, so sorry  Undecided ):

+ A handmade journal
+ I just cut my hair, so some nice hair accessories
+ ATCs
+ Ephemera (anything, I just love paper and ephemera Smiley )
+ Anything to aid my guitar playing
+ A learn to knit kit
+ Or a learn to crochet kit
+ Actually, any diy kit for that matter (I love learning new crafts Smiley )
+ Comfy/cosy PJ pants for the Scottish winter
+ Anything to decorate or organise my new bedroom (moving house before Xmas Smiley )
+ I have an mp3 I always drop and it's getting really scratched so I would loooove a cosy. (I can give you measurements)
+ I can't find shrinky dink paper anywhere here, and would really like to give it a try
+ Pretty earrings - Thank you MariskaLovesCrafts  Kiss
+ A pretty folder to store my ATCs in
+ A handmade plushie
+ Handmade candles
+ Some vegetarian recipes
+ Anything from your country/area
+ Anything wist inspired
+ A surpise!  Grin

Hugs and kisses to anyone who chooses to fulfill one of my wishes. I love you.  Kiss
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006 04:52:59 PM by suzeeannie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly Smiley
ATC swaps are always welcome!

Wists
Swap Partner Info
princesskaos15
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2006 12:48:18 PM »

Hey, everyone! My name is Melinda, and I live in Georgia. I turned 15 on October 15. I'm in 9th grade, and I'm a member of the yearbook committee and in my first year of Junior Achievement. My favorite colors are hotpink, lime green, and almost any shade of blue. However, I love any and all colors. I love animals. Especially dogs, dolphins, and monkeys. I have a long-haired chihuahua named Ollie whom I love dearly. And my nieces and nephews are pretty much my life. I love the movies Peter Pan (any and all versions) and Dirty Dancing (the original, with Patrick Swayze). I have two new puppies, tea cup pomeranians, named Little Bear and and the other one hasn't been named yet.

1. A Christmas sweater/dress for one of my puppies. (There's 3)
2. Purse/Bag.... any kind of fabric, some way to close it (snap, velcro, zipper, etc...), big enough for a digital camera, cell phone, money and a long enough strap to put on my shoulder
3. Scrapbooking supplies
4. Something from your country/state
5. Original works of art for my bedroom (being decorated in cheetah and a mix of colors)
6. Organizers (for beads, and other things...)
7. An Altoid shrine (or something familiar)
8. Something to do with Peter Pan or Dirty Dancing
9. A sock monkey! A baby one... I saw one on here somewhere, and thought it was the cutest thing ever.
10. Something from/inspired by my Wists (look below for link)
11. Beads (Any kind)
12. Altered book kit
13. Christmas stocking for one of my puppies.
14. Fingerless gloves, or a scarf for winter ---jesintexas is sending me one! Yay! Thank you!
15. Name Ideas for the last puppy. He's an orange, red, creme kind of color.
16. Goodies for the puppies
17.  An Altered book
18. School goodies (I'm being homeschooled now!!)
19. A Swap Journal.... because I may become addicted! LoL
20. Pictures!!
21. A Mix CD of any kind of music
22. A surprise. I love surprises!

Websites that may help you:
About Me: http://princesskaos15.tripod.com/
Ollie's Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/princessollie
Wists: http://wists.com/princesskaosw5

Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006 07:54:40 PM by princesskaos15 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

--Melinda

My Wists
RougeRaven
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2006 06:44:17 PM »

Couple of ideas:

1) journal
2) pair of knit mittens or gloves
3) purse (another addiction of mine)
4) anything in my wist (link in signature)
5) altered book kit
6) Or an altered book ^_^
7) anything having to do with other cultures- particularly interested in India, Japan and Poland (I'm Polish)
Cool anything bird, rose or tree related
9) anything feminist related (I'm really into the whole Vaginia Monolouges and female pride thing)
10) silk screened or stenciled patches kick major bum, because protests and dumpster diving often lead to tears in your pants (a great site for examples is: http://www.microcosmpublishing.com/ )
11) zines. I'm addicted to zines in the worst way lol
12) socks. can't ever have enough socks!
13) surprises are the best!

Hello! I'm Aly B, from Maryland. I turn 19 this friday (the 27th).

suzeeannie we have the same birthday, just a year a part lol and I'm a vegetarian too! so weird

My favorite colors are deep red (like blood red) and greens. Just not those two colors together lol. I have an obsession with crows, the day of the dead, and trees. I'm a huge comic book junkie- my particular favorites are the Green Arrow and Spiderman. I'm a *hardcore* Harry Potter fan. I'm addicted to anything hp- especially Harry/Draco. I'm a Hufflepuff and determined to marry Ron.

I pretty much love anything! Just no food please (trying desperately to lose weight lol)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006 09:35:49 AM by weeping_cloud » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
fizzle7033
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006 01:53:28 PM »

Here I am late to post because I'm silly and didn't see the thread.  Undecided Hope I'm not so late that no one will pick me!

I turned 35 on Oct. 21, God I'm old!!!  I live in Frankfort Ky, have a boring IT job for state government and live here with my 3 dogs.  My DH is currently working in another county about 4 hours away until I can transfer down there so that really sucks!!  We are planning our actual wedding for next summer since we sort of eloped before he went to Afghanistan and didn't have time for a real one.  I'm also really thinking about going back to school to go through med school!!!  Anway, here is my list Smiley

anything to get me started silscreeninng.  I have literaly nothing or this!!!
I also want to try beading, necklaces, etc.  Thought they would make good Christmas gifts.  So, anything that would help me get started would be great!!

lots of white, black and tan polymer clay

circular knitting needles all size needed since I'm just getting started knitting and want to make socks, and hats and bags and... everything!!!

handbound journal

anything to help with wedding plans!

Anything that might cheer me up while me and dh are apart.  Cry

A crocheted fox like this one...http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=73669

anything from my wist

anything for my dogs!!  They are a giant Papillon, (he weighs 25 lbs!!) a Jack Russell Terrier and a Bull Terrier (like spuds)

A suprise!!  I love them!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

Current swaps

Letter and a Craft
Dragon Swap
Owl Swap
Little Visitor VI
Little Visitor VII
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006 07:00:53 AM »

WoW!  I came over here to see if I could squeeze in another birthday baby!  Looks like everyone got picked AGAIN this month--you are so awesome jesintexas!!

We are going to have to call you the Birthday Baby Swap Organizer Extraordinaire!!!

Two days left--might still have to pick a couple more for extra goodies...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sissychrissy1
SO GOOD!

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006 09:45:20 AM »

WoW!  I came over here to see if I could squeeze in another birthday baby!  Looks like everyone got picked AGAIN this month--you are so awesome jesintexas!!

We are going to have to call you the Birthday Baby Swap Organizer Extraordinaire!!!

There are still lots of folks who haven't been picked, so squeeze away!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suzeeannie
Bella Of The Ball

I love you like a fat kid loves cake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006 09:51:15 AM »

I'm sure you could squeeze in - there's still 2 whole days left in October! That's aaaages! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 10:04:49 AM by suzeeannie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly Smiley
ATC swaps are always welcome!

Wists
Swap Partner Info
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006 10:18:48 AM »

[There are still lots of folks who haven't been picked, so squeeze away!  Smiley

What list are you looking at? According to page 1, everyone has been picked at least once...

Am I missing something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sissychrissy1
SO GOOD!

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006 02:11:32 PM »

I've been looking at the threads, but I see what you mean from the front page.  I had no idea I'd been picked at all!  What an exciting surprise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taerowyn

Let's hope we're worth it.

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006 03:30:19 PM »

I've been looking at the threads, but I see what you mean from the front page.  I had no idea I'd been picked at all!  What an exciting surprise!

Well you should be getting at least one package in the next day or two, though I'm pretty sure I forgot to sign my craftster name on the inside (I put it on the return address though).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty McWist

I am de-stashing a *ridiculous* amount of stamping supplies (mostly Stampin' Up)...PM if you're interested in purchasing or swapping for them
fizzle7033
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006 05:04:53 PM »

Oh I am so happy!!  I thought I would be too late to get a present and I\'m going to get one!! Thank you so much!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

Current swaps

Letter and a Craft
Dragon Swap
Owl Swap
Little Visitor VI
Little Visitor VII
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006 08:22:43 PM »

Well you should be getting at least one package in the next day or two, though I'm pretty sure I forgot to sign my craftster name on the inside (I put it on the return address though).

ha ha--from me too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesintexas

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2006 11:58:21 AM »

A couple of people have been flaked on in this swap.   Sad  I am posting the details in the October Birthday Swap Gallery thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2006 12:03:25 PM »

A couple of people have been flaked on in this swap.   Sad  I am posting the details in the October Birthday Swap Gallery thread.

That sucks, I'd love to angel if I know how to make what they were supposed to receive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2006 07:22:10 PM »

Hi All!

Just wanted to check in with jesintexas and y'all -- how's the wind-up to this swap going?  Anything still hanging in the breeze?

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Working With a Light Modifier
Framing and Cropping an Image
How to Prepare For a Child Portrait Session
Creating a Multiple Exposure Image in Photoshop
Tips For Positioning Ambient Light in a Portrait Session
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...