A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2006 Birthday Month Swap - MOVED to CLOSED SWAPS  (Read 14838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2006 04:43:48 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO IN.

NEW RULE:  Newbies will not get credit for this swap unless they craft for their fellow October Babies!!!  You can put up your list if approved, but it will not count as a completed swap.  If a newbie does not send out the REQUIRED thank you note, this will be noted in their feedback.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

Swap name: October 2006 Birthday Month Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: jesintexas--I AM NOT AN OCTOBER BABE (organizers  may change every month)
Sign-up date range: 10/01/06-10/31/06
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages!
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in October, then you can post your wishlist for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once I PM you and let you know you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  The more you think of, the better.   The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what day your birthday is.
    * Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in October for you to craft for someone.   If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.
    * If you chose to craft for someone, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
    * Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH - if you get chosen, you must send the person who crafted for you a thank you note within 2 weeks of receiving.  You will get negative feedback if you do not send a thank you note (it can be a postcard even).  I think this is a fair trade for all the crafty goodness you'll be getting!
    * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  When you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  When you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off or receive your thank you note (no DC# required, you're on your honor!).
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
    * Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  Please state at the beginning where you are so that we can respect this valid concern.
    *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see that you have been chosen and what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

Original idea thread and discussion located here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68058.0
If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can post on the link above, or send me a PM with "October 2006 Birthday Swap " in the subject line.

If you want to POST A LIST FOR YOUR OCTOBER B-DAY, you must send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- October 2006 Birthday Month Swap
Craftster username
Email address
Real name
Mailing address
Your Birthday

If you want to SEND TO A CRAFTSTER BIRTHDAY, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- October 2006 Birthday Month Swap
Craftster username
Email address
Real name
Mailing address
Who and what do you want to send to?

If you are already an October birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info below again.  Just send me who you want to craft for.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. PLEASE PUT "OCTOBER 2006 BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP" in all PM's!!

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

THE GALLERY (where you all will post pics of everything you get!): 

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125592.0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006 04:19:23 PM by jesintexas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006 04:44:58 PM »

OCTOBER BIRTHDAY BABIES - in alphabetical order
chosen at least once
chosen more than once

POSITIVE FEEDBACK
Negative feedback

Ambo - Oct 15
betzi - Oct 18
bubba*tink - Oct 15
cinnamon teal - Oct 12
dontlookback - Oct 19
Double Oh Sarah - Oct 30
eirle - Oct 30

felly - Oct 19
fizzle7033 - Oct 21
hgflower - Oct 12

Hookin Flamingo - Oct 1
IMIS - Oct 21
inle_rah - Oct 5

jz lyk D - Oct 2
jungrrl - Oct 22
littlesailor - Oct 2
peariso - Oct 17
PimpernelSmith - Oct 2
pinkkittypiper - Oct 3
princessandthebead - Oct 13

princesskaos15 -  Oct 15
Rain - Oct 29

Reen - Oct 29
risingphoenix - Oct 23
robbedbyapickle - Oct 5
sarah- - Oct 28
sissychrissy1 - Oct 16

suzeeannie - Oct 27
taerowyn - Oct 12

Tara1979 - Oct 19
teddybearbones - Oct 16
trillian - Oct 15
weeping_cloud - Oct 27
xx_Kellybean - Oct 3

NON-OCTOBER CRAFTSTERS

POSITIVE FEEDBACK

Psychocraftishredhe ad   Kiss
k8kre8s  Kiss
Homerof2   Kiss
AcesWild
   Kiss
TheWorldFamous   Kiss
curlygirl51   Kiss
veganxwater  Kiss
Alwaysinmyroom   Kiss
gavagai  Kiss
ashestoashes   Kiss
Millik  Kiss
sanditerese   Kiss
bhean  Kiss
danderson  Kiss
LaughingLark  Kiss
knitting_nyxxie  Kiss
ctgirl   Kiss
MariskaLovesCrafts   Kiss
mintlatte   Kiss
gossamer_gull  Kiss
irid3sc3nt   Kiss
javastain
   Kiss

WHO IS CRAFTING FOR WHOM:

• TheWorldFamous is sending robbedbyapickle a pair of pj pants --- FLAKED
  • Hookin Flamingo is sending littlesailor amigurumi, tea, journal, mix cd, stitch markers, & a surprise --- FLAKED

THANK YOU NOTE STATUS

• princessandthebead is sending teddybearbones some old maid cards --- Needs Thank You
  • eirle is sending Tara1979 a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • eirle is sending Reen an apron --- Needs Thank You
  • cinnamon teal is sending Hookin Flamingo earrings --- Needs Thank You
  • Alwaysinmyroom is sending Hookin Flamingo a coin purse & a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • gavagai is sending felly a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • suzeeannie is sending Hookin Flamingo a wacky pen --- Needs Thank You
  • Tara1979 is sending eirle earrings --- Needs Thank You
  • bhean is sending teddybearbones homespun & a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • knitting_nyxxie is sending Ambo homemade soap --- Needs Thank You
  • bhean is sending princesskaos15 a surprise --- Needs Thank You
  • bhean is sending jz lyk D a surprise --- Needs thank you
  • Alwaysinmyroom is sending sissychrissy1 stitch markers --- Needs Thank you
  • ctgirl is sending betzi an apron --- Needs Thank you
  • sissychrissy1 is sending Rain an ATC --- Needs Thank you
  • danderson is sending Ambo stitch markers --- Needs Thank you
  • jesintexas is sending princesskaos15 a scarf ---- Needs Thank you

COMPLETED

• hgflower is sending robbedbyapickle pop tabs --- RECD
  • k8kr8s is sending peariso the pear tote from her wist --- RECD
  • Homerof2 is sending Peariso scrap book paper & a surprise --- RECD
  • trillian is sending bubba*tink a Gir t-shirt --- RECD
  • princessandthebead is sending hgflower a shot glass --- RECD
  • inle_rah is sending IMIS fingerless gloves --- RECD
  • hgflower is sending cinnamon teal some mod fabric & a mixed cd --- RECD
  • ashestoashes is sending littlesailor tea, mix cd, & a wist-y surprise --- RECD
  • PimpernelSmith is sending IMIS an Altoid tin surprise --- RECD
  • Homerof2 is sending pinkkittypiper something crochet related & beads --- RECD
  • hgflower is sending dontlookback a surprise from her wist --- RECD
  • millik is sending inle_rah a mix cd & a small surprise --- RECD
  • taerowyn is sending sissychrissy1 earrings --- RECD
  • MariskaLovesCrafts is sending suzeeannie earrings --- RECD
  • robbedbyapickle is sending PimpernelSmith beads --- RECD
  • littlesailor is sending trillian a bag, magazines & yarn --- RECD
  • bhean is sending Rain something from her wist & a surprise --- RECD
  • littlesailor is sending taerowyn fingerless gloves --- RECD
  • princessandthebead is sending PimpernelSmith a card & a bookmark --- RECD
  • inle_rah is sending sarah- fingerless mittens --- RECD
  • irid3sc3nt is sending fizzle7033 jewelry making supplies --- RECD
  • Rain is sending littlesailor a mix cd or 2 --- RECD
  • sarah- is sending trillian amigurumi, something from her area & a surprise --- RECD
  • robbedbyapickle is sending bubba*tink a surprise --- RECD
  • LaughingLark is sending Double Oh Sarah earrings --- RECD
  • sanditerese is sending pinkkittypiper scarves ---  RECD
  • veganxwater is sending princessandthebead ATC's --- RECD
  • Psychocraftishredhe ad is sending xx_Kellybean a necklace or bracelet, a scarf, and cool beads! --- RECD
  • PimpernelSmith is sending hgflower a shot glass --- RECD
  • hgflower is sending princessandthebead a letter --- RECD
  • sissychrissy1 is sending sarah- an ATC --- RECD
  • AcesWild is sending PimpernelSmith crochet patterns & teas ---RECD
  • jesintexas is sending jungrrl embroidery patterns & lip balm --- RECD
  • curlygirl51 is sending hgflower mix CD --- RECD
  • javastain is sending taerowyn a melted bead craft --- RECD
  • mintlatte is sending weeping_cloud a purse --- RECD
  • danderson is sending risingphoenix something sheepy --- RECD
  • trillian is sending risingphoenix beads, yarn, & a mix cd --- RECD
  • gossamer_gull is sending weeping_cloud an altered book & a surprise --- RECD
  • princesskaos15 is sending princessandthebead beads ---- RECD
  • jungrrl is sending xxKellybean a whale plushie --- RECD

Please let me know if there is incorrect information in any of the above lists.   Wink

« Last Edit: December 17, 2006 06:24:09 PM by jesintexas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006 08:10:43 PM »

My wish list:

* necklace or bracelet with a pendant or charms of one of the things I'm obsessed with (list below in my bio area.) Thank you so much, Psychocraftishredhe ad.

Scarf for the chilly winter coming up Thank you again, Psychocraftishredhe ad!

* journal.

* stuffed animal of some sort. (sea creature, maybe? octopus, seals, star fish, fish, lobster, turtle, dolphins, etc) thank you jungrrl Smiley

* hair accessories. (bobby pins, clips, headbands, etc.)

* Candles of any type. My room is full of candles... there's no such thing as too many.

* shirt. I wear an adult medium.

* picture frames.

* cool beads, large or small. and thank you again, again, Psychocraftishredhe ad!

* wristband, on the smaller side.... about half the size of regular ones.

* a surprise!

My name is Kelly and I am going to turn 19 on October 3rd. I live in Minnesota and am going to attend college next semester to get my generals done because I have no clue what I want to do. I'm really into anything music related, and I play guitar or write when I'm not crafting, which doesn't happen very often anymore. I am obsessed with skulls, guitars, music notes, hearts, stars, roses/flowers in general, and sea creatures.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006 10:01:19 AM by xx_Kellybean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dontlookback
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006 10:59:39 AM »

My wishlist:

1- Amy Butler type of fabric- actually any type of fabric you have- preferably about a yard long. You can check out my wists for an idea of what I like.

2- A bag like this:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31017.0

3- A painting inspired by Monet to dress up my bedroom.

4- A diy kit for sewing a specific project that you are good at. I'm a beginner sewer and I work well with patterns but I would love to learn some new projects. For example: If you're good at making Jordy bags or a certain type of skirt than you could send me a picture filled tutorial and some materials to aid me. I can make a lot of basic things so I would love learning something with more difficulty. If you need me to be clearer you can PM me.

5-- DIY Grow an Herb/Vegetable Garden or a polymer clay kit. I'm loving the kits that you guys put together- every one I've gotten has been incredibly amazing! I just got an awesome tomato kit from lafemmefatale and now I want more like this!!

6- A knitted headband like this one:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=74104.0
I love the colors used in it too.

7- I love everything about this orange clutch:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77766.0

8- Any Amy Butler patterns that you have [with all pattern pieces and directions, please] Minus the Madison Bag one.

9- Anything on my wists       Thank you hgflower!!!

10- Any Japanese craft books or magazines.

11- A L pink tshirt for my boyfriend that says: My girlfriend went to New Hampshire and all I got was this shirt.
Pretty please!

12- Scrapbooking supplies

13- A kit to motivate me to be more healthy and a kit to cheer me up since I'm stuck in a long-distance relationship.

14- Crafty magazines and/or project tutorials of cool/quirky/modern/girly crafts. I would like to organize all of my projects and anything that I can hole punch and stick in a binder would be great. Anything besides knitting would be great

15- A messenger bag

16- Something Jose Reyes related- for me! I would love it if it was something that I could wear to a game.

17- Anything Sex and the City related or inspired

18- Any modern books related to teaching elementary school aged children.

19- A make up bag.

20- Labels for my etsy shop that I could use to attach to my bags.

21- A pretty certificate for my students that say something along the lines of, Good Job or Great Work.

22- A surprise Smiley

About me: I'm Christina and I'll be turning 23 on the 19th. I live in NY, USA. I love to sew, crochet, and make books. I've been trying to learn to knit for the past couple of years. I love cooking and baking but I love watching the Food Network even more. I am student teaching and I want to learn everything I can about teaching elementary school aged children. I love cherry blossoms, lilies, girly stuff that isn't too fru fru. asian inspired items, and preppy things.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 09:50:29 AM by dontlookback » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...i just want a moment to be real

Etsy Shop
http://dontlookback.etsy.com

Wists:
http://www.wists.com/dontlookback
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006 11:20:17 AM »

First off I'd like to say thanks to anyone who chooses to craft me something for my birthday!!  And thanks to jesintexas for organizing this swap for us October babies Smiley

my list:

* a swap journal!! I've been driving myself batty with post-it's stuck all over my calendar trying to organize my swaps/upcoming presents

* hand made cards for any occasion

* anything nightmare before christmas related. I'm a HUGE fan.. and that might be an understatement Wink My favorite characters are zero and oogie boogie, and one of my favorite scenes is just the curly black hill against the moonlight. I love my tim burton and danny elfman!

* a shot glass Smiley I collect shot glasses, and I love those really cheesy touristy things from other states/countries. I love to travel, especially on long road trips.  thank you PimpernelSmith & princessandthebead!!!

* accessories! I used to work at Disneyland so I've become accustomed to not wearing any bracelets/necklaces/dangly earrings.. and now I'm trying to get back into stuff again.  My new job is at a bank though, so nothing too funky.. it might upset the old folks  Tongue

* mixed cd of music Smiley I love making/receiving mixed cd's. What I'm currently enjoying is the music from Grey's Anatomy (my new tv obsession). Some of my favorite bands include: Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Beck, Reel Big Fish, Postal Service, Dance Hall Crashers, Less Than Jake, Hot Hot Heat, The Rocket Summer, Limbeck   thank you curlygirl51!!!

* a jordy bag. I used to be the biggest bag whore but I've become bagless for this past year and I miss carrying a purse around. I tend to only carry my car keys, chapstick, wallet and cell phone around with me everywhere.

* beads so I can join the melted beads phenomena that has hit craftster!!

* anything off my wist Smiley

* a surprise!!

Okay! Hopefully I'm not too much of a birthday hog and you were able to get through that list!! My name is Audrey and I'm turning 24 on October 12 (yikes I'm getting old..). I live in California, and I'm spoiled by the weather here. I tend to wear a lot of darker shades of green, brown, red/burgundy, and blue colors. I love sleeping in a little too much, and this is my favorite time of year *especially since the new season of Grey's finally started! and Lost premieres next week Smiley * I'm addicted to the Food Network channel and surfing allrecipes.com for dinner ideas. I'll admit that I love Harry Potter but only out of my love for Professor Snape. Thanks again to anyone who crafts me something for my bday Smiley

*edit to say please don't mind my overload of smiley faces.. I seem to be addicted to those as well*
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 09:48:07 PM by hgflower » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
IMIS
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006 12:09:53 PM »

Hi! My name is Simi, and I am in Brooklyn, NY! My birthday is October 21 and I'll be 17! Here goes my list:

1. A pretty crocheted runner for my dresser- My dresser and room is light pink, and my dresser's width is 3 ft long. Please make it a little longer so it will hang off. Please try to make it brown, gray, or dark pink

2. Cute shoelaces, just please no characters

3. Some really unusual, pretty, or fancy hand soaps, such as cupcakes, and other types of desserts

4. Pretty candles

5. Something nice to hang on my walls- my walls are a bit dull, need something to make them look more fun!

6. Something with my initial "S" on it, like a pillow or something

7. Knitted/Crocheted Fingerless gloves- I'd like it in pink, turquoise, or light blue. If you can I'd love it if you could also make me a hat and scarf to go with it! Thank you so much inle_rah!!

8. A happy hut for my pet bird Disney! She's a cockatiel so she's a little bigger than the bird you see here. I'd love it if you could make it where she has a little room to move, more room than the happy hut in this picture:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=108782.0
I also want to be able to hang it in her cage so it doesn't get dirty on the floor.

9. Anything from your state or country, like a T-shirt or something like that that says your country or state's name on it. Also, I love just paper stuff, and little stubs and other stuff from other countries. PLEASE NO FOOD OR CANDY!

10. A crocheted ring, or some type of ring. I absolutely hardly have any rings! And please try to make the ring adjustable. But if you need my ring size, please PM me!

11. A sock monkey!

12. A begginers knitting kit- with knitting needles and how to actually knit. I have absolutely no idea how to knit, and really want to know!!!

13. An Altoid tin surprise, with my likes(below)! - Thanks so much PimpernelSmith!!

14. Air drying clay(Paper clay) kit.

15. A beautiful bag like this one!:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=123413.0;topicseen

16. Hair Stuff, like clips, barettes, etc. Just to let you know, i have shoulder length, thick hair

17. Anything vintage! I LOVE vintage-50's,60's

18. Anything from my wists

19. A DIY Felt Beads kit

20. A surprise!!

Thanks to everyone who looks, and to the people that choose to craft for my birthday!!!! And happy Birthday to everyone!!!
Here's a little about me!:

I am as you know, going to be 17! I am also a senior in high school this year, and can't wait to graduate!!!! I am a vegetarian, and absolutely love animals!!! I also love art. Drawing is my favourite kind of art to do, but I also love painting. Of course, I also love to craft, and I am in love with all these swaps and craftster!!!
I enjoy anything vintage,and I also enjoy oldies and classical music. I love to bake. I've just recently started, but hope to perfect my skills!
As you know from reading one of my wishes, I have a pet bird named Disney, and she's a cockatiel. I also have a pet beta fish.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 02:10:48 PM by IMIS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
pinkkittypiper
Bead Junkie

Can't cut a straight line to save my life...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006 04:25:33 PM »

Happy Birthday to all other October babies!!!!

My wishlist:

* anything crochet related - I just learned how so, a pattern, yarn, hooks, hook tote, whatever Many thanks to homerof2!

* a panta

* hair accessories or hair related things

* homemade soap

* stuffed animal

* beads Thanks homerof2!

* craft supplies - could be anything I am not picky

* a hat, scarf or mittensThanks going out to sanditerese!

* a shirt dress (the kind made from a mans big button down shirt, to wear with pants) I am size large

* a journal

* I am starting to teach music lessons so maybe a binder to keep my lessons in or something like that

* a SURPRISE! oohhhh I love surprises!!!

I am turning  28 on October the Third.  I post this list full knowing I have forgotten something lol, because I am that scatterbrained.  I love Harry Potter, Invader Zim, Nightmare before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, Pirates of the Carib - okay maybe it's just Johnny Depp, all things celtic, bagpipes, earthy colours (browns, greens, black, greys, white, turquoise yadda yadda) , asian themed things, the outdoors and my assorted pets.

I figured out what it was I forgot!! I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada!!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006 06:04:19 AM by pinkkittypiper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where the wild things are is where I am most at home!
Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!!!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pinkkittypiper
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006 04:55:19 PM »

Greeting & Salutations Fellow Librans!
      (Librians? Librens?? Lybrians???)
 And to the Awesome Craftsters who might consider crafting for us!  Cheesy

My name is Kimberly, and my birthday is October 2nd.

Ummmmm, about me....I live in Iowa. I work in Special Ed, and love it, but am now contemplating grad school to become a speech therapist (so I might be able to do what I love AND earn a living - novel idea).  I am beginning to study for the GRE. I am terrified of it.
I love books (Ngaio Marsh, Margery Allingham, Elizabeth George), kids, dogs, knitting, tatting, crochet, frosting glass, jewelery, books (knitting, origami,orchids), chocolate, tea.... I am allergic to a lot of airborne stuff, so scented things don't do a lot for me...  Tongue Smiley Cheesy

So - The List:

-- A broad leather cuff bracelet. Not wildly fancy, but nice and durable.

-- Basically, any wrist band that looks nice but can withstand encounters with some serious behavoir disorders.

-- Advice on how to do well on the GRE.

-- BeadsThanks robbedbyapickle!

-- Bookmarks are fantanstic!Yea! Thanks princessandthebead!

-- Embroidery patterns - especially of monkeys, tree frogs, or celtic knots.

-- Interesting tea.Thanks AcesWild!

-- Wee birdfeeders are always welcome.

-- I'm trying to expand my experience of Latin and of Arabic music, so any samplings you'd like to share would be neat.

-- Non-grannyish crochet patterns or paraphenalia.Thanks Again, AcesWild!

-- Bobbins for bobbin lace making or related paraphenalia (I'm sorta, kinda trying to learn...)

-- Advice on getting grad school funding as a past-30 female.

-- Any ol' birthday card - I love getting mail!And Thanks  Againprincessandthebead!

-- If anyone knows of an USA source for Scrumpy Jack's Cider, I'd dearly love the knowledge!

-- For that matter: Smarties, Worchester Crisps, Chocolate Bourbons...I lived in Scotland for a year and suffer withdrawls from time to time.

-- Rooted cuttings from violets, orchids, or holiday cacti.

-- Mental well-wishes for the whole grad school thing.

-- SURPRISE ME!  Grin

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006 08:13:51 PM by PimpernelSmith » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
robbedbyapickle
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006 06:09:35 PM »

Hello fellow October babies. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL!!
I turn 15 on October 5th - so excited!

So, here's the list:

1 I'm obsessed with the green jackets with the german flags on the sleeves that people used to wear. I have a great green jacket, but no patches Sad so one of those would be great. Also, I just moved from Germany, and I miss it uber much, so anything germany-related is awesome!

2 I love love love buttons(like the pins you put on shirts and jackets buttons), especially the funny-not-sarcastic ones.

3 a stenciled t shirt with something on it from explodingdog.com
my favorite drawings from that site are "you won't always feel this bad", "you were always the wise one", "i love you this much", "what's in the bag?", "magic sock", "never gonna die", "if god was grapefruit"......

4 or a stenciled shirt with this picture on it that i saw a long time ago. sorry i don't have a link to it, but it's a picture of a penguin licking an ice cream cone, while a polar bear is holding and licking the penguin like an ice cream cone. er...hope i explained that ok.

5 hand made jewelrey is really pretty and i want to start making it myself, so any materials or instructions or advice would be great.

6 a sock monkey! one with a little attitude...

7 oh! i can't find a link to the thread, but if any of you remember the one with the cd that someone put in the oven and it turned all those pretty colors and then they cut it up and made it into a necklace...AH! my mom won't let me use the microwave for it...

8 supplies for embroidering(is that the word) stuff. i want to learn to do that.

9 a learn to crochet kit

10 i'm just learning how to play guitar, and i need some cool picks, because that makes it way more fun! like my friend has this one of a mushroom sticking its tounge out, cracks me up!

11 some really really really comfy pj pants(pm me for measurements) - Thanks TheWorldFamous!!!

12 so the builders have finally started finishing off the basement, so in three short weeks(or so) I will finally have my own room! which means i will need pretty things to decorate it with

13 i tried once making a bag out of pop tabs, like making a zillion bracelets and then connecting them, and i am so insanely proud of my bag, but it's too small for me to use! then i saw someone in the city with a bag like mine except for it was much bigger and it was a different style...i don't know the word for it...like a hobo style bag, just bigger and with a longer strap...anyways, i was wondering if any of you clever craftsters knew how to fashion such a thing, and to share with me your secret! also, if you have a bunch of the pop tabslying around with no purpose...please send them to me! they would be greatly appreciated! - Thank you hgflower!!!!!

14 music music music. i like alternative, i'm not really sure exactly what that means, but all the music i listen to can't be putinto any other genre, so i just say "alternative with a little folk-jazz-rock-indie-and-occasional-catchy-rap-song." so, mixes are great, especially if i can find out about a great artist i've never heard of!

and last but not least...

15 a surprise!

so...about myself...I moved this summer from Wiesbaden, Germany to Maryland. I love anything and everything about europe, just thinking about it makes me giddy. i'm really into learning about all religions, especially buddhism, i love the principles and ideasof it. i love learning new things, especially crafty things, because if i'm not bored then i don't feel sad and pathetic. i love swimming and i'm a dog person, i laugh a lot, mostly at myself, and(i've actually had lengthy discussions about this), if my family did wife swap, then the only thing i'd be mad about would be if the other lady took away my beautiful precious music! oh, and my friends tell me that i ramble on about nothing a lot.

so sorry if my list was exhausting to read. thank you thank you thank you in advance to anyone who makes me something, i love you!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 07:25:20 PM by robbedbyapickle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"sometimes we love with nothing more than hope. sometimes we cry with everything except tears. in the end that's all there is: love and its duty, suffering and it's truth. in the end that's all we have-to hold on tight until the dawn."
littlesailor
Ms Lindz

Om nom nom nom

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006 06:46:57 PM »

Happy Birthday to all the other October babies!

My name is Lindsey Smiley

A little about me:  I'll be 25 on the 2nd of October.  I live in Connecticut with my fiance and his son (who's also an October baby and will be 14 on the 16th).  I work at a call center for a furniture store.  I love to knit (I'd consider myself an advanced knitter) and have really taken to knitting socks.  I know how to sew and needlepoint, but do both very little since knitting takes up most of my free time.  I recently found out how cool freezer paper stencils are so I've been spending some time doing that now as well.  My favorite colors are pink, purple, blueish greens, pastels (all colors), fall/autumn colors, red (all sorts of shades, but nothing too bright).  I don't like neon colors or anything exceptionally bright.  I love all kinds of music.  I don't like coffee, but I love tea.  I'm allergic to angora (rabbits), smoke, cats, and dogs.  I don't like mohair or novelty yarns and I don't really like acrylic, either - I prefer natural fibers.  Ideas for crafting (things I like): flower themes, fall themes, sunflowers, sea themes (think ocean - fish and whatnot), cherry blossoms, Nintendo (Super Mario Brothers or Tetris), Rubik's Cube, anything knitting related, animals (I love animals!), sheep or other fiber animals, butterfiles, legos (I'm really into Lego Star Wars II right now).  I like NASCAR and my favorite driver is Carl Edwards in the 99 Office Depot car.  I think that sums me up pretty good, but if you'd like to know more about me, you can read the "about me" page I've created: http://mslindz.wordpress.com/about/

On with the list:

~ A tea mug/cup... one that has been painted with flowers, sunflowers, cherry blossoms, or a fall theme would be lovely.  I love this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=90868.0

~ A purse like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94239.0    I like everything about this one, especially the fabrics used.  I would like it to be a darker fabric on the outside so it hides dirt a little better.  A fall theme or sunflowers would be awesome!  I like this bag as well: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105739.30   and it would be great if someone could do it in the style of the cupcake one.  Size: 11-12 inches along the bottom (across), 8-9 inches tall (from bottom to top, height), and straps should be at least 16-17 inches from one end to the other (not when you measure it folded in half).  Here's a little drawing of what I mean http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/littlesailor/handbag.jpg

~ Sock yarn - enough to make a pair of socks (approx 450 yards)

~ An amigurumi stuffed animal.  I like monkey's, turtles, rabbits, sheep, pigs, giraffe's, cats, fish, dogs.... really anything would be wonderful!  (I can't crochet to save my life!  I wouldn't mind if it was made out of acrylic yarn.)

~ A hoodie.  I wear a women's XL (14/16 US women's sizes) or a men's Medium.  Could be embelished, stenciled, painted, whatever you think I'd like Smiley

~ Tea (no green tea please - anything else goes, though!)

~ A swap journal

~ A journal

~ Anything on my wists: http://www.wists.com/mslindz

~ Music - a mixed CD or something.  I'm always looking for more music to enhance my collection.  Here’s a brief (very brief) list of some of the music I like: I like a lot of country music (my favorites are Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, SHEdaisy), and I like a lot of "inde rock" (Guster, John Vanderslice, Dresden Dolls, Coldplay, Travis, The Shinns, Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service), but I also like alternative rock (Disturbed, Staind, Linkin Park).  A few of my other favorites are Jamie Cullum, Orange County Supertones, Five Iron Frenzy, Jars of Clay, and John Mayer. 

~ Beaded stitch markers

~ Handmade soap - nothing too strong smelling as I'm sensitive to strong, overpowering, perfume-y smells.  I like fruity smells and natural soap would be wonderful!

~ A beaded bracelet, necklace, or ankle bracelet.  I have small writs - 6.25 inches (16 cm) and my ankle measures 9.25 inches (23.5 cm).

~ Fabric headbands - my head measures 22 inches (58 cm) where a headband would wrap around.

~ Knitting needle case.  There's one that's bookmarked on my wists that I like.  I'd really love one for DPN's.

~ A surprise!!

Thank you in advance to anyone who crafts for me  Grin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006 05:52:47 PM by littlesailor » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

Etsy ~ Wists ~ Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Take Years Off of Your Face With These Secret Skincare Tips
Why Baby Care Products Are Good for Your Skin
Carrie Underwood’s Beauty Secret
Target Adds Luxury Skincare Products
DIY Face Peel at Home
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...