A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap October 2006 *SIGNUPS CLOSED*  (Read 10412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ZombieFlesh
« on: September 30, 2006 07:08:51 AM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES AND DETAILS!

Swap name: Unconditional Swap October 2006
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: ZombieFlesh + Ezri_B co-organising, thank you!
(Organizers Change Every Month)
Sign-up date range: October 1 - October 27
Date to send item by:Within 2 weeks of picking a person/item

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? No

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages, under 18 be sure you have parents permission, and you have a RELIABLE way to the post office

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO YES

For those of you who joined this swap in September:
Feel free to post any 3 wishes you please (AFTER you've been APPROVED) , they do not have to be the same as last month!

Please remember to send in the form even if you had a list in September. I am a new organizer, and I don't have your information!

You must PM the organizer when you post your list, so she knows that you have done so and can check it. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than your wishlist (new OR old) and a little bit of info about you, any questions or comments can go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0

Details of swap:-- Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable; it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!

-- Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design, etc)

-- Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.

-- The catch to this is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except a thank you. That is why it's called an unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, I'm sure everyone will receive something.

-- Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change.

-- Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! This means that only 2 people can send to someone. Within those 2 people, the person may receive all 3 items. I.e. "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. Therefore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X".
Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item thereby fulfilling two wishes on "X's" wish list.

-- When you post your wish list be sure to mention the country you are in on that post. For example:

I am in India.
Wish 1
Wish 2
Wish 3

-- Once you have been picked twice your name will be crossed out in red on the list. You can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes.

-- The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (every month).

-- As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship them their stuff within 2 weeks.

-- If more than one person picks a person and wants to make them the same item, then the person who Pmed the organizer first will get preference to make that item.

I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt. And - Please DO NOT write your original post in any other color but black. This will make it easier to sort through.

-- All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.

-- All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap, including Newbies.

-- Positive and Negative feedback will be given for this swap. Your feedback will reflect the number of people you send to that month.

-- When you PM me your wish choices, please include their craftster name, wish # and wish.

I will continue the trend of posting who has chosen who.

Please DO NOT post your lists until AFTER I've told you you're in.

When you have been picked PLEASE crossout and change the colour of your post accordingly (green for one wish, red for two-three wishes fulfilled). If you need help with that, feel free to PM me.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE:
___________________ ___________________ _________________
Name of swap: Unconditional Swap October
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Do you understand the way this swap works?
What are your three wishes?

Please remember to wait for me to okay you before you post your list

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

PLEASE PM ME WHEN YOU SEND AND RECEIVE.

Here's a link to last month's swap and gallery. This will help give you an idea of how this all works.
Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119009.0
Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=121650.0

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE
green means 1 wish picked
red means 2 wishes picked
purple is how many wishes they're fulfilling
please make sure you change the colour of your posts once picked.

zombieflesh [1] [1]
stellato_escuro [2] (cannot be picked again - thanks thedishclothqueen and elabela) [1]
mmd32 [1] [5]
emapril [1] [1]
jessicachantel [2] (cannot be picked again - thanks constantina and tanza) [2]
ezri_b [1] [1]
crystalfairy [3] [/color] (cannot be picked again - thanks thedishclothqueen and laughinglark) [1]
tara1979 [2] (cannot be picked again - thanks 6iggle and emapril) [1]
katjones [3] (cannot be picked again - thanks zombieflesh and bexiecat) [1]
Veganxwater
Jenefor [1] [1]
6iggle [2] (cannot be picked again - thanks jessicachantel and riario) [1]
_chittybangbang [1]
FLying_babyb b
felly [1]
riario [1] [3]
enchanted_wool [1]
veludo [2]
constantina [1] [1]
kitten wrangler [1] [1]
koi [1] [1]
elabela [1] [1]
ultraviolet [2] [1]
thumbkin [1] [1]
simplyfussfree [1]
kairichan [1]
yellowblanket [1] [1]
gossamer_gull [2] (sending only, no wishlist)
IMIS [1]
tanza [2] [1]
roxybadoxy [1]
Bexiecat [2] (cannot be picked again - thanks tara1979 and laughinglark) [2]
pibbgirl [1]
LaughingLark [2] [5]
missamorphosis [1]
Mlsocci74 [1] [3]
dinostar [1] [1]
starpiste [1] [2]
KraftyKT [1]
gerbilocity [1] (sending only, no wishlist)
thedishclothqueen [3] (sending only, no wishlist)
shooting star [1]
scotskipper [1] [3]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006 01:04:50 AM by ZombieFlesh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZombieFlesh
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006 07:10:08 AM »

Gallery
Post pics here once you've received your gifts! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=123653.0

Shipping Dates
purple sent and recieved
blue sent
orange late with communication
red late with no communication - tut tut! - contact me ASAP

Send By

Send by 16th October
Crystalfairy --> ezri_b for a wist surprise!
jessicachantel --> emapril for a crochet hook-holder
6iggle --> tara1979 for stickers
Thedishclothqueen --> stellato_escuro for hand spun yarn
thedisclothqueen --> crystalfairy for yarn and knitting supplies

Send by 17th October
emapril --> tara1979 for origami paper

Send by 18th October
ZombieFlesh --> KatJones for something knitted (a scarf)
constantina --> jessicachantel for beads
Thumbkin --> riario for cloth pads

Send by 19th October
elabela --> stellato_escuro for a wist surprise!
Thedishclothqueen --> elabela for a needle roll
Koi --> Veludo for craft supplies
kitten wrangler --> constantina for fusable beads
Jenefor --> kairichan for a wist surprise!

Send by 20th October
yellowblanket --> simplyfussfree for a scarf for her sister

Send by 21st October
gossamer_gull --> ultraviolet for something for her cat and stationery/note cards
katjones --> felly for a wist surprise for her birthday!

Send by 22nd October
ultraviolet --> zombieflesh for a wist surprise!

Send by 24th October
Mmd32 --> roxybadoxy for a wist surprise or supplies

Send by 25th October
Bexiecat --> KatJones for a handmade journal and a wist surprise!

Send by 26th October
stellato_escuro --> jenefor for a gift for Jenefors son
tara1979 --> bexiecat for earrings
Jessicachantel --> 6iggle for a necklace with her name on
riario --> veludo for craft supplies
riario --> 6iggle for candy

Send by October 30th
laughinglark --> pibbgirl for xmas tree decorations
Mlsocci74 --> laughinglark for baby hat and beads
Mlsocci74 --> Missamorphosis for beads and/or buttons

Send by October 31st
Ezri_B --> koi for a long scrappy scarf
tanza --> jessicachantel for xmas stockings

Send by November 1st
riario --> thumbkin for handmade soap

Send by November 2nd
laughinglark --> dinostar for beaded jewellery
dinostar --> imis for random craft supplies ANGELS FOUND

Send by November 6th
starpiste --> mmd32 for a small needle/pin box
starpiste --> yellowblanket for a crocheted amigurumi

Send by November 7th
KraftyKT --> Kitten Wrangler for earrings

Send by November 8th
gerbilocity --> _chittybangbang for a wist surprise!

Send by November 9th
scotskipper --> shooting star for charity toy stuff
scotskipper --> tanza for knitting supplies and something from the USA

Send by November 10th
mmd32 --> starpiste for paper scraps / ephemera and a wristlet
mmd32 --> enchantel_wool for a wist surprise!
Mmd32 --> scotskipper402 for a big Aisan tote bag

Send by November 16th
Laughinglark --> bexiecat for a wist surprise!
Laughinglark --> crystalfairy for a wist surprise!
Laughinglark --> mlsocci74 for a wist surprise!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006 01:34:32 AM by ZombieFlesh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmd32
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006 04:31:57 AM »

Okay, I have basically my list from the last time I did this, so sorry if it all looks like deja vu!! Cheesy

Hi! From Sydney, Australia.

My wishes:

1. Microscope slide pendant, or even just some supplies to build up my future stash, for when I learn to do this myself! If you want to make it, I have specific images I would love incorporated into it; just PM me for info.

2. Silk Kimono print fabrics...any, but pref with very bright colors, or tiny prints...I would love one of the ones with just a dot print or similar, for background pieces, and linings, and stuff. I don't mind tiny scraps, either. Even 1 inch pieces work.

3. A cute, funky little box to keep my sewing pins in. I have a half-baked wist (http://www.wists.com/mmd32) that can give you a vague idea of my style if you want to have a peek, to get an idea of what I think is cute and funky, lol! THANKS STARPISTE!!

About me....Name, Murali. I'm a 33 yo mom of three, if you include the dude  Wink, currently living in Sydney, since he's from here, though I am a dyed in the wool Yankee, lol! I love autumn colors....olives, celeries, pumpkins, burgundies..wow, sounds like a cookbook, lol Hate yellow, though! I call myself Indie Chick Lite, since I lean towards that, but I am not a true hardcore or anything like that, lol. I like Asian and Scandinavian influenced, esp the clean lines, but am open to anything! I like discovering new stuff! I can only knit scarves, but love to sew, and make jewellery. I want to learn PMC soon, as soon as I can find a class and the money all at the same time! Oh, yeah, and glass canework, too..though I am not sure I can afford to start two expensive hobbies at the same time...ahem. Microscope slide pendants don't count, cause they aren't THAT expensive, heh. I dabble in a lot of stuff, though. I just like to craft. Grin
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006 01:06:16 AM by mmd32 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

emapril
Emilisaurus

She'll be comin' 'round the mountain...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006 06:18:21 AM »

My name is Emilie and I'm 18 years old. I live with my mom and sister in Stockholm, Sweden.

Here are my wishes:

1. A needlebook or a pincushion. Just something to keep my needles in place. I keep having to buy new ones when I lose the other ones on the floor... Smiley

2. Anything to do with Harry Potter. I'm a hopeless Remus/Sirius shipper... It would be cool with Harry Potter jewelry... Cheesy

3. A crochet hook-holder. I have one for my knitting needles that you roll up and tie with a string, and I really need one for my hooks that are now rolling about on the floor with the pins and needles. Thanks jessicachantel!

Reading my wishes you can probably see that I'm looking for some order in my life... I tend to put things everywhere and never finding them again, but that is going to end! I knit like crazy from time to time. Right now I just found my mother's old sewing machine which WORKS, so now I'm sewing like crazy. I'm learning to crochet too and I used to make a lot of jewelry (but a bead store opened just around the corner from my school, so that's about to change!). Other than crafting I love hiking and photography. Check out my knitting (sort of) blog or PM me for more info!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006 11:22:52 AM by emapril » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006 06:24:02 AM »

Hi, I'm Tab, I'm from Wisconsin USA

My wishes are;

1. Knitted Knucks
http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTknucks.html I really prefer the purple "Harm None" ones, but to be honest, I don't need the words on the knuckles.
or
Cabled arm warmers, I like them to have finger holes though, otherwise they tend to migrate up my arm. And they don't need to be super long, it's getting colder, and these would be wonderful!

2.Something from/inspired by my wists (link is in my signature) Thank you crystalfairy!

3.Glass / microscope pendant (there are some examples of the types of stuff I like in my wists)

I am just starting my first year of teaching preschool. My husband & my anniversary is October 31st. We'll be married for 9 years. I have 3 sons. My favorite colors together are purple & grey, but not a super bright purple, more deep or heathered. My favorite general colors are purple, brown, grey, black, deep orange, and avocado green. I really love old medieval style things, old handwritting styles, old skeleton keys, baroque fabrics, stuff like that. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006 11:05:21 AM by Ezri_B » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crystalfairy
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006 07:07:12 AM »

Hi. Im in Ohio, USA. I love art and spend more time drawing/painting more than actual crafting. I don't have my ears pierced. I like blues, pinks, dark purples, moss greens and basically all other colors.

1. yarn - i'm learning to knit XD

2. knitting supplies (yarn needles, books/patterns, etc.)

thank you thedishclothqueen

3. anything from/inspired by my wist - my wist is random and has some non-crafty items.....sorry for the time it takes to browse through it

thank you for looking ^_________^
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 07:46:30 AM by crystalfairy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006 07:50:07 AM »

Hello, I am in Minnesota, U.S.A. Here are my three wishes;

1. A magic yarn ball! If you don't know what that is, check out the magic yarn ball swap board and gallery.
2. Handmade or handyed yarn. thank you dishclothqueen!!!
3. Anything off my wists. thank you elabela!!!

I won't talk much about myself here since I have a long blog for swap info. Long story short, I love getting mail, especially since this is my last semester of school and it helps me relax a bit. Thank you in advance for picking me!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006 06:59:30 AM by stellato_escuro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
KatJones

Singin' & Craftin' My Brains Out

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006 08:52:10 AM »

Alrighty... I'm posting away...

My name is Kat and I live in Nashville, TN and I'm 28 years old.

Here is my list:
1.  A scarf Thank you Zombie Flesh! or fingerless gloves in chocolate, navy, or indigo.  It's getting cold in Nashville and I think I recently discovered that the heater in my car is broken this morning.  Booo.  :-)
2.  A suprise inspired by or from my wists Above and beyond... thank you Bexiecat!(linked in signature)
3.  A handmade journalThank you Bexiecat! :-)  I fill one jounral up a month so I am always in short supply of these.

My favorite colors right now are brown, navy, red, pink, and teal I think... ooo and grass or kelly green :-)  I am a musician.  I just moved to Nashville.  I write a TON and am starting to get into different art forms and forms of expression (including crafting!)  Does that about cover it?  Feel free to PM me with questioins :-)  Thanks to whoever chooses me.  You are totally rad :-)
kat

Side note... I'm really enjoying the swap this month!  I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.  How exciting!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 12:41:13 PM by KatJones » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All things essential to the universe are invisible to the eyes." - The Fox

http://theekatjones.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/katjones
http://www.wists.com/katjones
jessicachantel
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006 09:22:21 AM »

Hi, I live in Canada and here are my three wishes:

1. My boyfriend and I are spending our first Christmas together in our first apartment, away from our families for the first time. I would really love a couple of home made stockings to put up in our apartment!! If you can only do one that is okay too. We are both 20 yrs old and in University. I just ask that there are no religious connotations on the stockings.
Thank you so much Tanza. I am super pumped! haha

2. I have just started making jewellery and beading and I would really enjoy something to do with that. Home made beads, extra beads you have around, extra findings, instructions to make cool pieces. Anything really!
Thank you so much for pickin my wish constantina!!

3.It's cold here in Saskatchewan! How about a pair of mittens? I looove mittens but haven't been able to find any cute ones in stores.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 07:12:42 AM by jessicachantel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006 01:50:29 PM »

I am in Canada Wink My 3 wishes are:

1. Stickers - I am a huge sticker collector, and I'd love to receive some new ones (I haven't added to my collection in 2 years now). I love all kinds, but I can't have any fuzzy or scented ones (allergies).

2. Any beading supplies Smiley I love making jewelry and fun stuff with all kinds of beads Smiley

3. Origami paper. I have a tough time finding it where I live, and I've lost my stash when we moved (10+ years of collecting went missing). I'm not incredibly picky about what kinds - I love it all!

Thank you to 6iggle and emapril for fullfilling my wishes! Thank you muchly Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 12:10:34 PM by Tara1979 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Jewelry Making Tools
How to Become a Professional Jewelry Maker
How to Make Teardrop Chandelier Earrings
How to Make Hemp Bracelets
How to Choose a Jewelry Making Kit
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...