A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: EMERGENCY!! SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE MY WEDDING!!!  (Read 2315 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006 09:56:43 AM »

You could make something nice with what you have for the head table, and use cheap white cloth for the rest, add color with runners or centerpeices to tie it all together
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Kaitlinnegan
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006 11:50:23 AM »

We used plastic tablecloths for our wedding, and while they will never pass for fine linens, I think they're a perfectly fine alternative.  We got the kind that comes on a big roll from Party City -- I think it ended up costing us about $12 total for 24 or so tables.  They also make round ones that you wouldn't even have to cut if your tables are round.  Here they are as we were setting them up, and here they are in action.  Once everything is set up, no one will notice!  Good luck and don't sweat the small stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing message board: Sew What's Up
cinnamon teal
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006 01:41:49 AM »

Ok, girl, take a deep breath and relax.  You have a lot of good ideas here and whatever you choose is going to be just fine.  Remember, it's all about you getting married to a great guy.  All the decorations are just icing on an already fantastic cake. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

talmina
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006 08:47:54 PM »

Don't stress too much, as most others have said, you dont have time to be running around making tablecloths 2 weeks before your wedding, if you can't delegate them to someone else, then just pay the $120 for the other ones, the extra money is probably worth the hours of very valuable time you would spend making these.  If it would be cheaper, get white ones, and do the runners or something if the colours are that important.  Just remember that the day is about you and not the tablecloths, and you won't have fun if you have negelected other stuff, or not slept the fortnight before because you were making tablecloths.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girly
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006 06:02:33 AM »

As time ticks by sounds like plastic will be the fastest way to go, that or cheap white ones as suggested if you can find some.
After you decide which way to go, maybe you can delegate some help in the tablecloth department to a trustworthy family member or friend. 
Don't worry about the fabric not being returnable, you could sell it on Ebay. 

Congrats!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dangerouslady
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006 12:37:03 PM »

well ladies. 8 days to go. i've been crafting like a madwoman. i bought 4 more meters of fabric and somehow managed to squeeze out 12 amoeba shaped tablecloths. i didn't make them circular because i didn't want to lose an inch of fabric as i was already cutting it close. yesterday i finished the bouquet, today i finished repairing my dress and i started on a cute little jacket to go with it. i really can't wait till the work is over and the party starts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006 12:43:07 PM »

Wow!  You've been a very busy girl!  But I was like that, too, before my wedding - because if I was busy making things I didn't have time to be nervous.  Good luck with all your projects and God bless you and your wedding.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

x0xmanda
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006 12:56:42 PM »

omg you're getting married on friday the 13th??!?!? Whatever compelled you to do that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
x0xmanda
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006 01:00:36 PM »

You might get more replies if you moved this over to the wedding section. There's a little tab down in the bottom left that says "move topic" just make sure you don't post a redirection post or whatever it's called. Otherwise, don't sweat it. Lots of lurking happens and people either didn't have a suggestion or would have just seconded what was said.

i think she meant that it was "666" the devils number. haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006 03:32:18 PM »

Table runners? maybe with cheap clear plastic underneath. (just by a roll of thin plastic sheeting, found in the hardware store.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Red Carpet Ready Hair
Unique Parting Tips
Onesta Beautiful Hair Foam Review
How to Create Beach Curl Waves
How to Create a Unique Braid and Messy Bun
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...