A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chic Knits Ariann  (Read 3718 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yarn_nut
« on: September 28, 2006 05:42:59 PM »

Is anyone planning to knit this cool sweater?  I just saw that Bonne Marie posted this cool pattern on her blog.  Check it out.

http://www.chicknits.com/infopdf.shtml#

It calls for worsted weight yarn.  I have some cotton ease in my stash that I can use.  I'd love to have someone join me in a knit along.  I'm planning on casting on this weekend.

Gail
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gail
Check out my blog! www.gailknits.wordp ress.com
Amarillys
Will knit for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006 12:00:37 PM »

I love it! Unfortunately, I can't join this one, I have too much on my plate already, but I'll be following your progress in this thread for sure. Please post pics when you make it Smiley

~Caroline~
shepurls.blogspot.c om
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitticle

staring at the sun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006 04:42:10 PM »

Wow, I love this...is it a new pattern?

I don't have any specific yarn in mind. Methinks a KnitPicks order is in...order  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

because, you see, the internet is made up of a series of tubes...
knitticle
TallGrrl
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006 07:40:57 AM »

The minute I saw it I knew it was going to be a ChristmaHanuKwanza present for my sister. (I'll make one for myself later. Wink  )
I swatched it up and cast on Thursday night, and am knitting on it right now. Well, actually, I'm typing right now...
It's a fun knit. The pattern is easy and after it's established, you don't even need to look at the chart.
I'm using Cascade Superwash in a deep royal purple. (Mmmmmmm...)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006 07:53:24 AM by TallGrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
soobeeoz
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006 03:32:48 PM »

What a beautiful pattern!  I won't join at the moment either - it's Spring here, so I'm concentrating on warm weather knits - but bought the pattern after reading your post, so thanks for alerting me to it.  Looking forward to photos and progress reports!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please feel free to check out my Dating and Tiffany Ring blogs.  A few more are listed on my profile page.  Smiley

http://www.safedatings.com

http://www.cheapweddingringssets.com
nadaj
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006 08:26:23 PM »

I want too... I need to get the courage to re-dye this dreadful colored yarn for it though...it will be a stash buster! When are you thinking of starting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitticle

staring at the sun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006 07:51:41 AM »

I cast on for this last night in some stashed KnitPicks WOTA...almost the same green as in the picture, que casualidad. I got close to finishing the ribbing during the car-ride to an Aimee Mann show (sorry, had to slip that in somehow, it was super exciting  Smiley)

176 stitches, though...these rows are LONG!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

because, you see, the internet is made up of a series of tubes...
knitticle
busymama
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006 10:38:25 AM »

I jusy dowloaded the pattern and the plan (ha!) is to start as soon as I'm done with Carla from It's a Tape Thing.  I'm probably going to use some Cotton Plus I got for $1/skein if I can get gauge
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tuesdaymorning68
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006 11:05:08 AM »

i might be in on this one - i have to find a yarn first...but i adore the design! i can't wait to see how everyone else's is shaping up! hey knitticle - how was the aimee mann concert? was it incredible or what?

-emmalee-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"go confidently in the direction of your dreams. live the life you've always imagined." 
henry david thoreau
cnp71201
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006 11:22:53 AM »

This is gorgeous... but I have so much already in queue that unless my knitting speed and time greatly increases (unlikely!), this will probably have to be a next fall knit! :-(

I will probably use Swish Superwash... there are several lovely colors I can picture using for this. Or maybe Wool of the Andes in Mulled Wine... I've been wanting to make something from that color. If only they had Swish in Mulled Wine, the decision would final!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Date Night Lookbook
Rebecca Looks at Lingerie Trends for All Shapes and Sizes
What to Wear to Work in This Freezing Weather
How to Get a 90s Look
How to Texture Clash Your Outfit
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...