A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great UK Round-Robin Journal Swap! SIGN-UPS HAVE NOW CLOSED  (Read 13838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2006 04:11:46 PM »

Swap name: The Great UK Round-Robin Journal Swap
Craftster members who are organizing this swap:
Phizzychick, assisted by Stephen Weaver
Sign-up date range:by 21 October 2006
Date to send item by: First sendout by 23 October, then every two weeks - see below
Limited to a certain number of people? Maximum 12 - serious commitment required!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES
If so, which country? UK - all corners!  Feel free to copy this idea if you want to do it in another country.

All ages allowed? Or 18+? yes, but get parental permission if under 18!

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:
We will be EACH be sending round a journal/notebook/altered book and each participant will do at least a two-page spread in EACH journal.  At the end of the round-robin, your own book will return to you with loads of wonderful artwork in it!

How it will work.......

1. Sign up by sending the questionnaire to Stephen Weaver AND Phizzychick
2. Once approved, find the journal/notebook/altered book you want to send round.  It should be fairly sturdy, between A4 and A6 in size and preferably NOT incredibly heavy - add the granite cover slabs once it gets back to you!
3. If you want your book to be themed, start writing some clear guidance notes to go with it - keep the theme general, other participants may not know anything about your favourite pop group/football team/railway line/anteater
4. The signups will close once we get to 12 participants - if we have 3-7 people, we will work this as one group, 8-12 I will split into 2 groups so that no-one has to do more than 6 spreads.  If we don't get to 12, signups will close by 21 October.  Please be serious about committing to this - it WILL involve a fair amount of work.  I'd hate to turn someone away because we were "full" and then have folk drop out.
5. I will arrange your addresses in order and send them out by 22 October.
6. On 23 October Person #1 sends their book to Person #2, Person#2 to Person#3 etc etc, and we all have 2 weeks to work on the first spread.  First Monday in November, the books all move on again and we start another spread.  This will repeat every 2 weeks, always posting out on a Monday (so we have the weekend to finish up).
7. Phizzychick will be monitoring the progress on the books once this starts, Stephen will handle the signups and first sendout..
8. Feedback will be left monthly for each participant and noted how many times they sent.
9.  This swap is UK ONLY simply for postal reasons - speed and economy - and to help UK crafters get to know each other better.  Feel free to copy the idea for the USA or elsewhere.

There could be loads of PM communication on this swap, so keep it going between yourselves  - best way to end up with a book you love!  This is going to be FUN!!!

The nature of the swap is such that dropouts could seriously mess things up, so please commit seriously.

This will be an ongoing swap, and might change in terms of structure in order to keep it going smoothly. I will keep an ongoing list of who is sending to whom and the sendout deadlines. Feel free to PM if you have any suggestions! For now, let's try it and see how it goes!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizers (Stephen Weaver AND Phizzychick):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address

Any comments?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

SIGNED UP:

Stephen Weaver
Phizzychick
rhicooqui
pinkangel1979
uluru
bushbaby
Jill-of-all-trades
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006 08:00:24 AM by Stephen Weaver » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006 12:52:15 AM »

Thanks for starting the journal ball rolling Stephen.This is going to be a fabulous and creative swap!

Just a reminder again that you MUST send me a PM when you send and receive, and if there are any delays or problems. Keep good communication! If you fail to keep me updated it will be noted in your feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 1 - Complete Grin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 2 - Complete Grin
Round 3 - Complete Grin
Round 4 - Complete Grin
Round 5 - Complete Grin
Round 6 - Complete Grin
Round 7 - Complete - all received & fabulous! Grin

If any of the sent/received information is incorrect please let me know and I'll update. Please make sure this is in a PM as I might not catch it if it's posted in the thread. Smiley

A reminder of the Send out dates:

23 October 2006
6 November 2006
20 November 2006
4 December 2006
18 December 2006
8 January 2007
22 January 2007
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 12:35:08 PM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhicooqui
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006 05:05:21 AM »

Sent.

Stephen are you on Craftermath? Just wondered if we had a "boy" yet Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006 07:49:17 AM »

I've poked around a bit on Craftermath, but it wasn't running properly that day - will give it another look.  Glad you've joined this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
teraspawn
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006 07:53:52 AM »

Aww, I wish I had enough time to commit to this one Sad

I shall be lurking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suzeeannie
Bella Of The Ball

I love you like a fat kid loves cake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006 08:39:00 AM »

I've bookmarked this one, it looks really interesting.

I'll have to wait and see if I get other swaps out of the way first. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly Smiley
ATC swaps are always welcome!

Wists
Swap Partner Info
tinkerbellstar

Dumbles and Voldy love to shimmy!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006 09:18:34 AM »

Am I allowed to join an on-going swap if I've never done any swap before?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006 09:24:43 AM »

Yep, you're okay to join. Smiley

One thing I would look out for if this is your first swap is that this will take a considerable amount of time to complete. 6 journal entries at 2 weeks per entry is a commitment of 12 weeks. This would tie you in for your first swap for that time as you would not be allowed to join another (one swap rule for first time swappers).

I had the same commitment for my first swap and although I loved the swap there were others I'd wished I'd joined that were done in a matter of 2-3 weeks.

Just something to consider, not meant to discourage, just to help you decide Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006 05:12:01 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006 07:36:21 PM »

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that its great to see you using the co-organizing option! Smiley
Stephen, I hope you get a hang of organizing from this swap and we see you going more after this! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
pinkangel1979
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006 04:36:40 AM »

I'm looking forward to this swap- just need to find a suitable journal to send around. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Draw A Raven
How To Draw A Guitar
How To Draw The Earth
How To Draw A Wave
Learn How To Draw A Reindeer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...