A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2006 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 77205 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

themehpatrol
Obsessor of Shiny Objects

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2006 02:44:13 PM »

For Halloween, I was Marie Antoinette!

Found an old size 8 prom dress, took it in to a size 0, cut and hemmed it, added extra tulle in a bubble hem to add modernity and fullness, made and attached the ribbon/ rhinestone button detailing by, and added the Swarovski crystal beads around the top and in the bodice/ribbon detailing by hand.  Tiara and all extra jewelry was bought.
Hope you all like it!
EDIT: Cross-posted at:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=130671.0
 I mean, it's the same thing, I just figured I should let you guys know Smiley
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006 04:44:16 PM by themehpatrol » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Are you suggesting our world is nothing but a glorified lego set for the omniscient?"
"Naaaah.... more of a K'NEX, really."
fabeins

Not all those who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2006 02:45:05 PM »

My work department, at an ad agency, went as famous ad icons. I'm Rosie the Riveter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninja_Poo
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2006 03:32:36 PM »

For Halloween, I was Marie Antoinette!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/themehpatrol/halloween/halloween004.jpg
Found an old size 8 prom dress, cut and hemmed it, added extra tulle in a bubble hem to add modernity and fullness, made and attached the ribbon/ rhinestone button detailing by, and added the Swarovski crystal beads around the top and in the bodice/ribbon detailing by hand.  Tiara and all extra jewelry was bought.
Hope you all like it!
EDIT: Cross-posted at:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=130671.0
 I mean, it's the same thing, I just figured I should let you guys know Smiley

Cute!

<<<edited to remove photo from quote - please delete IMG tags when quoting ~ thanks!>>>
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006 07:13:08 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yttrai
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2006 05:45:17 PM »

NixArmegeddon, you win.  Yours is absolutely my favourite from this year so far.

themehpatrol, yours is a VERY close second.  It rocks.  It only loses points because you are a live Marie and not a post-mortem Marie Cheesy

Here is another one of myself, and the entire gang:

From left to right we have Yumiko from Battle Royale, Bam Bam Rubble, an 80's Homecoming Queen, and me the FairyGothMother.  Bam Bam's costume was made by a friend out of a thrift store dress, and you know about mine, but the other two are more assembled than crafted.  Still, Yumiko was fun to burn the bullet holes and spray the blood!

And here is our friend Remo, who MADE THIS HIMSELF.  He is wildly talented, as you can tell.  He's also a semi-professional dancer from Brazil, who has lots of experience making dance costumes, traditional and otherwise.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006 07:14:51 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
NixArmageddon
Generosity of Spirit

Hand in unloveable hand...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2006 07:08:03 PM »

Thanks, Yttrai! I loved it so much it was hard to take it off at the end of the day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spaz2phreek
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2006 07:25:56 PM »

Here's my costume sans face because I was rocking a gnarly cold that had me better suited for zombie look. Anyway, here I am.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
themehpatrol
Obsessor of Shiny Objects

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2006 08:31:24 PM »

themehpatrol, yours is a VERY close second.  It rocks.  It only loses points because you are a live Marie and not a post-mortem Marie Cheesy

Yeah, normally I'm actually a fan of the whole blood look, but have you seen that dress?  I couldn't bear to risk getting blood on it.  I was terrified of getting it dirty as it was!  But thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Are you suggesting our world is nothing but a glorified lego set for the omniscient?"
"Naaaah.... more of a K'NEX, really."
jenuine
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2006 08:56:32 PM »

FIRE FIGHTER: I decided to not waste my time looking like everyone else, so i decided to make my own Fire fighter costume. I chose fire fighter because i was given the nick name "fire" with my cousins and boyfriend. [long story] so here it is. i think the only thing that really made the costume was the hat.

I bought the jacket at ross in the boys' section, I bought yellow "duck tape," and the hat at party city. I had everything else. My boyfriend is a butcher on the left and i'm dressed in my costume on the right.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2006 09:13:13 PM »

Here is my costume. I got started very very late and couldn't think of an idea so I borowed one I had used a few years ago. "Winter". It is a gerat last-minute costume since the stores have all the Christmas stuff out already. The only thing not pictures is two light up icicles that I put in my hair when I got to the club I went to and that since there was a bit of a chill I wore a caplet that craftykate knitted for me. Which was really neat because it caused someone there to ask if I had knit it which led to Craftster and finding that the person is also a member  Grin. Woo hoo!!

Cuffs & necklace: crochet with leftover white chenille yarn that a friend gave me. glittery riboon from the stash used to tie it on. snowflake from 6-pack at $1 store
Dress: step one - find large enough fabric from stash. Step two - guess how much is needed to go around body. Step three - serge into a tube. Step four - wiggle said tub onto body. Step five - have husband cut hem end of dress and help tuck top into bra  Cheesy
Belt - ribbon from stash with snowflakes and icicles from $1 store
Snowball - stuffed crochet ball with loop for holding
Wand- wired together icicle and snowflake
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
Yttrai
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2006 04:28:13 AM »

Yeah, normally I'm actually a fan of the whole blood look, but have you seen that dress?  I couldn't bear to risk getting blood on it.  I was terrified of getting it dirty as it was!  But thanks!

I can't say i blame you one bit.  The craftsmanship is incredible! 

I just like dead things  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Film History Biography of Werner Herzog
Film History Biography of Kathryn Bigelow
Film History Biography of Ray Harryhausen
Film History Biography of Ron Mann
Film History Biography of Sam Raimi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...