A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
816 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2006 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 78339 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006 08:13:35 AM »

Love the mask, gooti! 

Thanks, pixing!!  I used quite a bit of extra thick blood gel...    it sticks to everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pisicandru

Don't be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006 08:38:13 AM »

All Hail the Tiki God!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/8612dave_tina.jpg

Me and the hubby.

I made the mask out of papier mache.  I got the plumage on sale at a craft store.  The shirt was his.

The dress was kind of thrown together.  I wasn't about to go anywhere in a coconut bra and a grass skirt, so I made myself a muumuu (my first attempt at making a dress).  Smiley

The spear is cardboard, duct tape, and raffia.

The leis and his skirt were bought.

Lots of fun to make!  Thanks for looking!

This looks great  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:03:13 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparkle_moxie
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006 09:44:36 AM »

The Mad Hatter and Alice:

And because I loved my butterflies:

A little bit on how I made the top hat is here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=129081.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thatgirlwithglasses

Its cooler than a tomato

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006 12:16:35 PM »

Maybe this is weird, I have to say those CHICKEN WINGS look really yummy! How creative... and amazingly realistic! Wow...

Basically I found this crazy eighties cocktail dress at a thrift store in September and wanted an excuse to buy it. Roll Eyes (It was less than five dollars!) So I built up the idea for my costume around it. The dress is kind of bust-accentuating but I wanted something that was more cutesy than "sexy", and I've never been an animal before, so...

I made the wings and the ears were originally a GIANT bow that was sewn onto the front of the dress, (right at the stomach).  Yeah, that looked awkward...

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 02:38:07 PM by thatgirlwithglasses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm only here to stalk KIM!
myownme
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006 04:18:06 PM »

Again with the Peach and Mario. I am surprised how many of us there are! (Because of the rule "In order to prevent spam bots and spammers, you must post 10 times in the forum before you are allowed to post a picture. In the mean time you are allowed to post links to pictures." I had to give you guys a link to the picture!)

My boyfriends costume is all thrown together. Yellow buttons and 'M' made out of paper. I used an old birthday crown and wrote peach on it and then added a blue necklace. It does not take much to put together the two of us, but I thought we were cute so I wanted to share!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011 09:46:14 AM by alteredmommy - Reason: fixed picture link » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bigeyes
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2006 05:35:25 PM »

very cute. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
Yttrai
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2006 06:32:42 PM »

Finally! 2006 costume is done!

(I wish i had 10 posts so i could stick the image in here.  I'm trying, friends, i really am!  But i'm a reader, not a doer Sad)

I'm the Fairy Gothmother!

I didn't craft the entire costume, but here is a rundown:

Some things i already owned: bodice, belt.
I bought the wings, but used fabric stiffener (thanks Craftster!) to make them more wing-like and less LAME.  Grin

I made the dreadfalls from a purple Halloween wig.  That was the most work of the entire costume.  But the most rewarding!
I bought a little bat-shaped wand, but added a huge pile of ribbons myself. (Is out of frame.)
I reconned the skirt myself out of a really obnoxious and over-the-top gypsy style shirt. 
The underskirt is a reconstruction of a too-small and too-long skirt.  Chopped it off at the bottom of the zipper, added elastic, and now i have two new skirts.

<<<edited to add image for poster Wink>>>
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006 05:25:03 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenefor
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2006 09:22:37 PM »

My son of course wanted to be harry Potter but he had to have a few different outfits (of course...but actually it works out seeing that you never know the temp for Halloween here in Ca)
Anyhow I made him a third task outfit (actually just the shirt was made) I got the idea from a swap gift my friend received. Anyhow it was just two shirts cut and sewn together. Then i painted the hogwarts crest on some applique facing and ironed it on ( not to self though after a washing it started to peel up so I had to sew it on...next time I will just paint on the shirt) And on the back I stenciled with glitter paint. It was my first stencil and after the fact my husband told me to use spray mount to hold it in place...oh well live and learn.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/sillybyrd/crafter/3rdtask.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/sillybyrd/crafter/potter.jpg
I also made him a hat to wear when the weather got colder. Also I made the tie....well actually it was a white tie from the thrift store and then I masked it off and painted it.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/sillybyrd/crafter/nogood.jpg
And finally the school robe. I was rather impressed with myself since I didn't have a pattern or anything to go on I just started cutting and sewing. it turned out rather nice (i wish the pict showed the details) anyhow next time I will just like the whole thing but I wasn't sure if I had enough fabric and I wasn't about to go back to the store with the monster line Tongue
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/sillybyrd/crafter/hoodie.jpg
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011 09:48:42 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

petuniahead
Renegade Chola

Viva La Gee Whiz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2006 10:46:52 PM »

HAppy Halloween All!!! Here's Our Coustumes, We wnet as DIa De los Muertos, and We Were a Big Hit!!! yay!!!!

My Dude, and "Cheech" Tongue
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/Petuniahead/muertocheech.jpg

My Dude, he's tooo Cute to be Scary though... Kiss

Yay!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011 09:50:13 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best."
-Frida Kahlo

www.geewhizdesign.etsy.com
foxy and crafty!
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2006 11:38:22 PM »

i just posted this on my own personal thread, but this is probably more convenient (sorry)!

my boyfriend and i are el chavo y la chilindrina!

the real thing!
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/pigerella15/chavo.jpg

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011 09:52:27 AM by alteredmommy - Reason: removed img tags from broken links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a 2 Cup Pencil Holder
How to Fold an Origami Pencil Cup
How to Create Covers for CDs and DVDs
How to Fold an Origami Bow-Tie
How to Make a Paper Barn Star
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...