A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2006 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 76056 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hotty_blond2000

Crafting, Internet, and Pepsi are my weaknesses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2006 07:35:41 PM »

My Fairy Costume

Makeup:           Peacock   not as good as hers.
http://www.limecrime.net/tutorials/peacock.htm

Wings:

I researched art of fairies. And decided to base my wings on these.
http://www.strangeling.com/allura.html
Materials= pipe cleaners, black pantyhose, needle & thread, fake flowers, glue.
Sewed by hand. Took about 3 half hours total to bend & sew. Would have been faster if i had one of those handsewers.

Outfit:
 The skirt based off one of my store-bought skirts. I had to wing it on the side slits.
 The shirt was an old long sleeve top that I cut up. (I plan to use the sleeves for future arm warmers.) The neckline didnt turn out as well as I had hoped. I liked how the chain looks as straps. No pattern at all.
 The mesh overtop is just Halloween fishnet pantyhose from Wal-Mart. I cut a hole in the crotch, & I had to cut the waistline because it wouldnt stretch far enough.
 The shoes are store-bought.

Hair:
  The hairstyle is modified from a style I found in a magazine.  I used Halloween hair color spray to color my hair.
            My steps:
 1. Separate front hair from back.
 2. Pull top half of back hair into ponytail.
 3. Make that ponytail into a messy bun.
 4. Put in hair sticks to hold up messy bun.

Jewelry:
  Necklace- bought at claires long time ago.
  Earrings- I made em. Based on a pair from hot topic's website about a year ago.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:03:45 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangel

She totally confused all the passing piranhas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2006 08:31:59 PM »

i went as Raggedy Anne...

everyone called me Raggedy Angel....(..my real name is angel...)

it's all wrinkly because this pic was taken after working 7 hours in a pet store!

i made the dress and the wig. ..  i also ironed on ALL those damn polka dots

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes he calls me Al.
pinksqueak
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2006 09:34:13 PM »

I was Harley Quinn for Halloween this year! She is my all time favorite villianess EVER. Period, quite honestly. In the world.

But enough of that - here are some pics!

My friend Garrett (Blackbeard!) and I at a friend's party.

This friend's! Who went as Ned Kelly and who ALSO made his costume. A theme among my close friends happens to be a strict dedication to costumes and Halloween.

My mom, myself, and my boyfriend - who alas, could not be persuaded to be my Mr. J.

Dancing the night away. Smiley Unfortunately, I lost major costume winnings to the slut-in-a-bag girls, but ended up with a $50 bar tab and a giant Tiki statue! Comic nerds represent!

A reference picture of Harley. Smiley

This was a costume of trial, error, blood, swear words, and a lot of wasted spandex and broken needles. But, one awesome thing that I did learn was that craft foamies are amazing. I made the face mask by heating up some black craft foam with an embossing heat tool until it was warm and pliable, shoved it onto my face (true dedication to the character if I'm willing to burn my face off), and used my fingers to mold it while on my face. The result was a close fitting mask! This mask can be applied using spirit gum or liquid latex. Smiley

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did! I can't wait for next Halloween. Smiley

xosqueak
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 11:00:05 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
timarie
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2006 10:07:20 PM »

This year I was a space girl which was completely and utterly inspired by Indie33 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=61074.0

I was hoping to go with a green theme but that didn't entirely work out since I was searching for a lime green shirt at 5pm on Halloween. I made the skirt out of silver tissue lame(ugh) and the wrap shirt out of some awful stretchy silver material that left pull marks when stretched which meant I had to cover all seams with the tissue lame to prevent runs. some kids hot pink turtle neck, white tights.

Anyway here are some photos! ray gun and all

I also made the toothfairys tutu, which you can't see in this photo TOO well, lots of different layers of netting, two top layers of tulle. and I made the peacock costume is mine from last year, I layers together all the feathers between a patch of cordouroy and sewed black feathers on top.

and me lazering all the cabs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bigeyes
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2006 10:20:23 PM »

My 4-year-old boy asked to be an "angry robot" and this is what I came up with:

ha!  that is so cute, I especially love the angry robot holding the cowardly lion's paw as they walk down the street. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
weeta
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2006 12:55:41 AM »

I made a mummy costume based on 365halloween's tutorial. I won 1st place (and $100!) at work and had way too much fun making it...and a lot more fun being a mummy all day Cheesy

(thumbnails....click ity-pop!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

decibel
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2006 03:43:12 AM »

GASP! Shocked

The Harley Quinn costume gets all my trophies!
Wow!! Great great work.

Pinksqueek: You look very cartoon-y (and that's a compliment)! And you're HOTTT! I actually do like the stereotypical floozielicious slutty type Halloween costumes for ladies (though I think it's kinda sad that adult women actually need Halloween as an excuse to dress "like a slut"! Sluts unite, I say! Fight the power... Smiley Ahem... Well back on topic.) but I think this is so much better!

Your costume is AMAZING!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2006 05:56:35 AM »

Harley Quinn ... is my all time favorite villianess EVER. Period, quite honestly. In the world.

Mine too!!  You did a great job on the whole outfit, and so brave to stick hot craft foam on your face    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emmalemma
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2006 06:37:01 AM »

Everyone's costumes are so awesome!

I just got home from work and was able to get a few pictures taken of mine, so excuse the post-work tired expressions! This is a dress made from the two Regency period patterns Simplicity released a few months ago. It was very fun to make, and includes a chemisette, short stays, petticoat, and the dress itself. The little jacket I sort of created at the last minute, and it is not as fitted as I would have liked. And either my arms are too short, or the sleeves were too long,  Wink But you all know how that goes... The bonnet was bought, and I trimmed it myself (I think the most fun of the whole project)

The bonnet, taken several days ago

The whole look

Just the dress. I don't know why the dress looks so short in these, the petticoat really wasn't sticking out that much!

Thanks for looking!

You look like Elizabeth Bennett!  You look like you walked off the pages of Jane Austen.  I love that.  It's the favorite costume I've seen so far.  You've got my wheels turning for next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oops Creations
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2006 06:38:53 AM »

My costume for passing out candy last night.  Not as homemade as the others (vintage house coat from local thrift store) but still thought I'd share in the spirit of all things Halloween

I was June CLEAVER (I know bad pun, but I had fun and all the parents thought it was funny-- the kids were ambivilent)

Here I am just "cutting up a little something for dinner."

Ready for my closeup Mr. DeMille.....

There's been some great zombie makeup done with liquid latex, i just use old eyeshadow, pancake makeup and fake blood. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: Lego Art
Jim Power and the Mosaic Trail
The Brass Ring Project
The Art of Wax Sculpting
The Guinness Museum of Automata
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...