A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,702
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2006 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 76272 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BoredYetCynical
durka durka

Hey, Hey, I wanna be a rock star.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2007 09:13:10 PM »

I'm one of those nutty convention-going, 501st/Rebel Legion/historical re-enactment costuming people..

Ever go to Archon in St. Louis? I love that con!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is way beyond my remote concern of being condescending"

Baby Sean Born on Nov. 11th 2007
apriljane
They named the dog Indiana!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2007 10:08:40 PM »

I'm one of those nutty convention-going, 501st/Rebel Legion/historical re-enactment costuming people..

Ever go to Archon in St. Louis? I love that con!

I wish I'd been into the cons when I lived up there.
I miss the 'Lou!!

Fortunately, my geographic location is most suitable to nerdity, since I'm under an hour from Atlanta and one of the largest sci-fi/fantasy conventions in the world. We also, for some reason, have tons of anime cons nearby.
It makes my hometown a bit more bearable, I guess.
But I still miss the 'Lou...Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For Sale - wigs, clothes, costumes, shoes, jewelry:
Online Yard Sale!

My Wists

My Costuming Site (under construction)
trampycouture
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2007 12:04:43 PM »

I don't have a few of our costume pictures back, but I can show what we were on the actual Halloween. I had to wear something subdued because I teach preschool, so they didn't want us to go "overboard" and scare the kids.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Ezri_B/Past%20Costumes/piratetabfull06.jpg[/img]
Here's a really bad full body of me
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Ezri_B/Past%20Costumes/piratetab06.jpg[/img]
Here's a close up of my face and wig. I made the wig with yarn and panty hose and beads. Someone else did one similar here on craftster, but the thread is escaping me right now. I bought the bandana for $.75! I had the white shirt, and didn't have time to make a better one, so it worked. I bought the fake hair and put it in with spirit gum. I made everything else.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Ezri_B/Past%20Costumes/pirateboots.jpg[/img]
Here's a closeup of my boot-shoecovers. I had to do a lot of walking as we were in a parade, and I couldn't find any boots I liked that were comfortable, so I made these covers and just wore my regular shoes.

My boys costumes I don't really have any great pictures of.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Ezri_B/Past%20Costumes/groupHalloween06.jpg[/img]
My oldest is Luigi, my middle son is a "men in black" with working flasher thing. My youngest was uncle fester with magic lightbulb! Most of the stuff was made by me. A few parts were bought. There are a few more pictures on my blog if you're interested.

I Love the pirate costume and hair!! The kids are too cute too!! I love the idea of Uncle Fester!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007 12:43:12 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2007 11:51:04 AM »

Put your 2007 costume pix in the scrapbook! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=203572.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
countrycarol
« Reply #174 on: October 27, 2007 03:53:48 PM »

I like the Ninja look.  Just might use it since it's easy to make.  Thanks for the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixing
« Reply #175 on: October 27, 2007 05:57:39 PM »

excellent costumes people - I love the hydrant family - so sweet

alas I sit here rejected.   I sewed a surgeon's gown, hat and mask and covered it with blood and guts.  I purchased latex and made scars and bloody claw marks.  At the moment that he was to be made up and head out the door to his party, he refused the face makeup and refused to take a picture.

13 years old.  I have to accept that I must either refuse to assist in future endeavors or participate (because I have fun and get excited) knowing that at any moment I may be cast aside and accept that. 

I have a lot to learn.  Undecided

THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2007 06:31:28 PM »

sorry to hear that...i guess you could always set up stipulations....

costume= 1 picture
costume & make up= 2 pictures

and whatever is asked for that you make MUST be used, not discarded at the last moment....

if that makes the recipiant upset then you could say, well then i'll get you the supplies and pattern and i'll help you make it yourself....

I think it's sad that at 13 their cool enough to wear a costume, but not cool enough to have pictures taken in said costume....I was always thrilled to have pictures taken, even when i was 13, so that i could remember what i or my mom made....but I'm sure it is just a phase that will be grown out of...and i'm sure that, even if it wasn't shown, all your hard work was appreciated. I guess teenagers are just kinda touchy when it comes to the "mushy stuff", lol...though I don't have any kids yet...maybe i'll change my mind when i do....lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
pixing
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2007 07:57:02 PM »

thank you knitty chick - I have to *gulp* accept that my darlings are growing up and will cross me.  I think your ideas for conditions are absolutely fair and given the nature of the beast that lives with me - appropriate.

My win - he just came in from the party.  He won best costume.  "Thanks mom" *smooch*

win Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2007 08:39:57 AM »

Sweet! Everyonce in a while, just when you think they don't care anymore, the do something great, and surprise you! How wonderful!

glad it turned out well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2008 07:23:06 PM »

Here's mine - I did it the night before, sort of winging it, so no pattern or anything.

It's two pieces and the neck line is outlined in the same gold cord that goes over the shoulders.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 01:30:46 AM by thelastkodama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 10 Worst Movie Accents
Performa 13: Shingerviews – Jennifer Wen Ma
Performa 13: Shingerviews – Ryan McNamara
Hottest New Toys For The Summer
Give Your Settlers of Catan Game Board a Magnetic Upgrade
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...