A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2006 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 75944 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Jiggy Fly
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2006 07:07:56 AM »

Here are links to my costume and my roomie's costume:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/invaderzimrox/Halloween%20at%20the%20BBC/booparty026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/invaderzimrox/Halloween%20at%20the%20BBC/booparty027.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/invaderzimrox/Halloween%20at%20the%20BBC/booparty030.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/invaderzimrox/Halloween%20at%20the%20BBC/booparty063.jpg

We both used the Simplicity 8851 pattern. We don't have a machine in our room, so we had to do them mostly by hand. It was painful but well worth it. I was Red Riding Hood, and my roomie was Alice.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Inane, profane...sometimes lame-- but mine just the same." ~gilgrim
tulsaradiogem
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2006 07:41:11 AM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged
weeta
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2006 08:42:32 AM »

We don't have a machine in our room, so we had to do them mostly by hand. It was painful but well worth it.    Grin

all i have to say is WOW. those look fantastic and i cannot believe you made them without a machine!! awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2006 01:56:08 PM »

I don't have a few of our costume pictures back, but I can show what we were on the actual Halloween. I had to wear something subdued because I teach preschool, so they didn't want us to go "overboard" and scare the kids.

Here's a really bad full body of me

Here's a close up of my face and wig. I made the wig with yarn and panty hose and beads. Someone else did one similar here on craftster, but the thread is escaping me right now. I bought the bandana for $.75! I had the white shirt, and didn't have time to make a better one, so it worked. I bought the fake hair and put it in with spirit gum. I made everything else.

Here's a closeup of my boot-shoecovers. I had to do a lot of walking as we were in a parade, and I couldn't find any boots I liked that were comfortable, so I made these covers and just wore my regular shoes.

My boys costumes I don't really have any great pictures of.

My oldest is Luigi, my middle son is a "men in black" with working flasher thing. My youngest was uncle fester with magic lightbulb! Most of the stuff was made by me. A few parts were bought. There are a few more pictures on my blog if you're interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evil_plan_z

I got the blues, the yellows, and the purples

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2006 05:25:09 PM »

I was storm from the Xmen comics  Grin I made everything except for the shirt and the leggings, and the boots of course, I have a post about it http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125272.msg1207161#msg1207161
My friends and I went Trick or Treating at the Embassy Row in D.C
Storm is from Kenya so I was very excited
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patrick: I'll tell you a little story called "The Ugly Barnacle": Once there was a very ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everybody died. The End.
pinkiet
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2006 11:33:32 PM »

Wow!!  Everyone's costumes are so awesome.  I'm still so hyped up about Halloween, I am already trying to think of next year's costume.  This is my first year really getting into it!  So, I posted a topic:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=130973.0, but I also wanted to add to the scrapbook!

Here's my fancy/sexy pirate captain:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blueberry_fox
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2006 01:50:07 AM »

Wow  Ezri_B  your boot cover thingos are really cool. I have to make something similar for a play i'm in at the moment and i am still trying to work out the best way to make them.
You don't have any helpfull hints or links that would help??

Jane Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2006 04:55:21 AM »

And here is our friend Remo, who MADE THIS HIMSELF.  He is wildly talented, as you can tell.  He's also a semi-professional dancer from Brazil, who has lots of experience making dance costumes, traditional and otherwise.

I love the dance outfits those brazilian dancers make.  They are all stunning!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ezri_B
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2006 06:01:23 AM »

Wow  Ezri_B  your boot cover thingos are really cool. I have to make something similar for a play i'm in at the moment and i am still trying to work out the best way to make them.
You don't have any helpfull hints or links that would help??

Jane Smiley Smiley
Thanks, probably my best advice is to make a mock up of the foot out of cheap fabric until you get the right size.
The whole boot is in 4 (5 if you count the bias tape around the top) 2 pieces for the foot, one piece for the leg, and one piece for the top flap.
The leg part I just traced the leg of my pants and added seam allowances.
For the top flap part, I made one straight edge and the other in a "V".
For the foot part I laid my shoe I was going to wear on top of some cheap fabric (an old sheet.) I sort of rolled it a smidge to try to measure the center front of my foot. And I leave a good size flap in the back. I can always trim extra off if I need to later. And don't cut it too short on the bottom either.
I sew the top to the leg so that the flap will cover the raw seam.
I sew the 2 foot pieces together in the front. Then I lay it over my shoe. I then chalk where the bottom of my shoe is. Then I add a seam allowance. I also pin/chalk where the back of my boot pieces connect. Add seam allowance. Then I use this as a pattern for the real fabric. I try on the boot piece again and again. For the bottom finishing you turn under and hide raw edge. Also you tuck the elastic into this hem. Really reinforce that part.
The way I do it I put the boot piece on, and put my foot all the way through. Then I put my shoe on and pull the elastic over my shoe. I have done it where there was velcro in the back of the foot, so it was more adjustable for different shoes, but that's a whole bunch more steps.

I just woke up, so I hope this is fairly clear. If you have other questions, feel free to ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2006 07:16:22 AM »

I was a ragdoll and my daughter was a teddy bear:

Hers was easy peasy. I actually found a cheapo worn out bear costume at a thrift store for $4, bought some brown fleece and used the original as a pattern, with a few changes.

I was so happy with how my costume turned out. I made A LOT of stupid mistakes during the sewing process, but about 854 hours of seam ripping, several exasperated sighs and a few "bad words" later I think it's pretty cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
60 Seconds of Street Style From Paris Fashion Week
Emma Stone Shows Us How to Make Cocktail Dresses Daytime-Casual
Tips For Wearing Peplum Tops
Neon Fashion Trend Blowing Up
Street Chic: Rock Chicks
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...