A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,687
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finding someone to Commission a Clay Sculpture: Please Read!  (Read 1041 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dj_jammer506
x~Gay As A Rainbow is Bright~x

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2006 07:16:32 PM »

For my parent's 26th anniversary, I'm looking to commission someone to sculpt a caketopper of my parents for very sentimental reasons.

When my parent's got married, it was a very small wedding but they had a "normal" sized cake. My parents have never had a honeymoon because of the fact that my father was and still is in the military and had to go back to work the very next day let alone take time off for a Honeymoon.

Haveing leftover cake my father had been giving it away to anyone one who lived near them and by accident gave away their caketopper.

So, I'm writing this very rushed and hurried, but the basis of it is, I would really like for someone to make them a cake-topper of both of them in full dress, of course since it's a commission a good proce will be payed for it.

Please contact me if you are interested in doing this, I really want this to be a special gift for them and I'm searching high and low for someone to do it.

Thanks for your time.

- Dj
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for someone to do any Personal Swap with... PM Me if interested! Don't Be afraid!
Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006 07:13:52 AM »

There are some clayers who have businesses making clay sculptures, and some do cake toppers in particular.  Here are a few URL's for cake toppers I know of... some will be for sale or take commissions:
http://www.rightbraincreations.com
http://www.itfiguresonline.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/stepbystep.html
http://www.marcysclaypen.com/bridegroom/bridegroom.html

Don't know their prices, but some may be much more pricey than others.  And if you find a non-business clayer who will do it, they could be much cheaper, but not necessarily.  I'd suggest you look at sculpts the clayer has done previously before you order from anyone though, to make sure the quality and style is what you have in mind.

There are a couple of other good places to ask for someone to do this because they will be in much larger groups than this group (you may actually get quite a few responses):
...PolymerClayPeople
...clay-polymer
(these are two Yahoogroups, which are "mailing list" groups)
...Polymer Clay Central's forum, run by delphiforums (an online "message board")

You'll either need to join one or more of those groups to post a message, or you'll have to have someone post a message for you.  If you want that, someone here who belongs to one or more of those groups will probably volunteer to copy in something you write about what you want, and how to get in touch with you directly (...it would be a good idea to be more specific about just what you want too in the way of size, clothing, accessories, time needed by, and what style --cute and simple, realistic, funky, or other)

HTH and good luck!

Diane B.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006 07:21:38 AM by Diane B. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006 07:28:11 AM »

Whats the timeline like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
dj_jammer506

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006 02:25:15 PM »

Thanks to both of you

Diane B.  I'm going to join "PolymerClayPeople" right now and I'm gonna check out the other two right now.

teapotdnky. I'm a little confused on your post, if you're asking when their anniversary is, it's October 18th, but They would understand full heartedly.

- Dj
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for someone to do any Personal Swap with... PM Me if interested! Don't Be afraid!
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006 02:27:40 PM »

I was just wondering when you would need it to see if I could make it for you in time for the anniversary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
dj_jammer506

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006 03:00:56 PM »

Well, lol, could you? and How long would it take you? or do you not have an idea? Also can I see some examples of your clay creations?

I really hope you can. lol

- Dj
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006 03:10:20 PM »

Well, I'm in the middle of making another one so I don't think I'd be able to finish it anytime soon. I am hoping to finish the one I am working on by Oct. 18. I have so many clay things up here on this site it might be easier just to look at my posts with pictures or stalk swap threads.

Judging by the timeline and by my personal schedule, I don't think I'd be able to finish in time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thai Chicken Cashew recipe
How to Make Spring Rolls
How to make Coconut Chicken Soup - Thai Foodcast
How to make a Papaya Salad or Som Tam - Thai Foodcast
Dashi-Braised Shitakes with Brown Rice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...