A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *WE ARE THE WORLD* record album purse  (Read 7698 times)
Tags for this thread: michael_jackson  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artzyfartzy
« on: September 01, 2004 08:14:35 AM »

I make so many sewn bags that I decided to try my hand at something different ...ugh!! my first record album purse!  what a total pain!!!  but it's finished!  Grin

A picture showing the BACK

and another picture HERE

Web-Goddess has a helpful tutorial to make an album cover purse.  The next time I make one I think I'll have it professionally laminated, I have no patience with contact paper!  Huh
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004 09:59:14 AM by artzyfartzy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004 11:13:31 AM »

That is so cool! It looks very professional. Great job!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
ollyollyoxenfree
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004 11:25:56 AM »

I envy it so much. I love Michael Jackson, which I know people are going to disagree with but oh well, and I want to do that with an extra Thriller album I have. But I'm too afraid to cut it up into pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

one day i'll be wondering how
i got so old just wondering how
i never got cold wearing nothing in the snow
this is way beyond my remote concern
artzyfartzy
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004 12:13:27 PM »

i love michael jackson too. it's hard not to growing up in the 80s & still loving everything about the 80s! Cool  I'd definately go to the thrift store and pickup some other extra album to practice with before trying it out on M.J.!  I even wish I did that myself w/this bag because I see some imperfections here 'n there ..but overall I'm happy with it.  thanks for the compliments =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

papertoes
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004 12:48:16 PM »

Michael Jackson is the best!!  I want a purse of him so much but I couldn't stand to ruin my Thriller album either!

Maybe I'll do a stencil...
*stay tuned*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't worry about the world ending today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  ~Charles Schulz
Roxiemeow13
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004 08:20:57 PM »

...also a micheal jackson fan  Cheesy!

I absolutely love that purse!!! awesome beyond awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roxie
Look at the stars,
look how they shine for you,
and all the things you do.

http://www.roomwithamoose.com/goodies/icons/moose_rubber.gifwww.geocities.com/defdt
IAte86Crayons
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004 08:22:31 PM »

Aww what an awesome bag! I love Michael Jackson. That's my MAN. I think he's the greatest artist of all time.  Smiley

I want to make a bag from one of my Jackson 5 albums, but I don't quite understand Web-Goddesses tutorial (plus I dunno if I can bare to ruin a good album cover like that lol).  Undecided I'm new to all of this crafty work. Could someone rewrite that tutorial in "elementary language" for me? Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Early Bird Special

Formerly "sewwabisabi"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004 07:52:58 AM »

hehehe That's funny, yet oh so cool.   Cool

xoxo
Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2004 07:02:10 PM »

Aww what an awesome bag! I love Michael Jackson. That's my MAN. I think he's the greatest artist of all time.  Smiley

I want to make a bag from one of my Jackson 5 albums, but I don't quite understand Web-Goddesses tutorial (plus I dunno if I can bare to ruin a good album cover like that lol).  Undecided I'm new to all of this crafty work. Could someone rewrite that tutorial in "elementary language" for me? Lol

i love your avatar!!! .. hm, basically I can tell you what I did to make my bag?  all i did is cut a front and back 2 sides and a bottom.  Then I covered the inside and outside of each piece with contact paper.  After I finished that I started punching eyelets on all 3 sides.  * all 4 sides for the bottom part of the bag * ( make sure to measure the the distance between eyelets and do the same thing for all the pieces of the bag.  After that I just used some plastic lacing and sewed the purse up on each side and all 4 sides of the bottom.  that's it!

Oh and the handle is just a plastic piece of tubing from the hardware with ballchain strung through it.  It's fastened by a ball chain fastener on each side.

hope that makes sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IAte86Crayons
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004 08:01:29 PM »

Thanks a million!  Grin I understand completely now! How would I cover it w/ contact paper w/o creating air bubbles? Because once contact paper is on there, it's on for good right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cheese Souffle
How to make Salmon 1-2-3
How to make Steak Verde 1-2-3
How to make Seafood Wrap 1-2-3
How to make Scallops 1-2-3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...