A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rock On! T-shirt for my niece!  (Read 2228 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2006 03:36:39 PM »

I FINALLY finished an embroidery project!!!  I bought this t-shirt at Old Navy and put the drums from the Rock and Roll pattern set on it!

My dad, brother (her daddy), and now my year and a half old niece all play the drums so it is perfect for her! I used 100% metallic thread! It is SOOOO sparkly! Perfect for a little girl drummer!

The t-shirt

A close up of the drums:

I think this might be my favorite embroidery project so far!

Edit to add action shots!

Here she is drumming in her drumming shirt!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2006 10:39:35 AM by PinkyK » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenne_girle
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006 03:44:05 PM »

Pinky, I love it!!! Way to go! A whole project in such reportedly difficult floss is quite an undertaking. Your niece will love it! I think what I love the most is the embroidery detail is very rock (thread choice, colors, and of course design) but the shirt is perfectly girly, what a great combo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006 08:27:31 PM »

pinkyk--nice to see this done up!!  It is a very versatile pattern--so adorable for your niece and so nicely done.  Hopefully as she grows, you can convert it to a patch for her for someday!! Beautiful...

I would love to put this on something for my hubby, who is also a drummer and drum teacher!! Now that I have seen it, I am getting some ideas--thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006 03:55:54 AM »

pinkyk--nice to see this done up!!  It is a very versatile pattern--so adorable for your niece and so nicely done.  Hopefully as she grows, you can convert it to a patch for her for someday!! Beautiful...

I would love to put this on something for my hubby, who is also a drummer and drum teacher!! Now that I have seen it, I am getting some ideas--thanks!!

How about on a jean jacket?  I'm also in the process of embroidering on a jean jacket for my niece and on jean jackets for her two dogs! When I'm done they will look like a little motorcycle gang! An extremely cute non-threatening gang! hehehhehehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesakati
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006 06:10:08 AM »

so cute! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006 12:02:28 PM »

Thank you all so much!

One interesting tid bit...
This is the only project so far that I have put a backing on.  The metallic thread is just so itchy for that little belly of hers!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizabethdee
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006 02:43:32 PM »

LOVE that! metallic seems perfect for that pattern, except i would never have thought of it, of course. And was it hard to work with? i've only used regular floss.

Pinky, I can't believe how much you get done -- and all so beautifully, too. Your niece is lucky! Can hardly wait to see her jacket and the ones you're making for the dogs.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006 05:36:12 PM »

Aw shucks....thanks!  I really don't get much done.  Actually....true confession time....I have been working on the jean jackets for SOOO long that I had to buy a bigger size for my niece! She out grew the 12 month size I bought....BEFORE she was born!

I also finished two tea towels one for my mom using the kitchen designs and one for my sister using the raven from the gothic granduer.  On the raven I put "Quoth the raven nevermore" around it.  It is done in black (of course) on a purple towel. I forgot to take pictures of them.  I asked my sister to send me pictures of her towel so I can post them.  I had been working on these for MONTHS.  The one for my mom was supposed to be for Mother's Day!  Embarrassed

I tend to get embroidery done when I travel.  It is great for waiting around! I have also banned myself from swaps for a while. I have waaaay too many WIPs!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006 07:04:26 AM »

You know--I often wonder what people do when they embroider clothing items that might get small or worn out--I mean a lot of work goes into doing hand work like that--I am guessing that they can be cut out and made into appliques, but I am not sure how that is done...

I found some awesome tea towels at a flea market that I know took the woman who did it months to embroider--the fabric is pretty stained and worn out but the embroidery is just too beautiful to throw out!

What do you guys do? Any ideas?  I would love to preserve more of these items and make them useable instead of just letting them sit in a box for no one to enjoy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006 09:12:04 AM »

You could make them into a quilt....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Scott Berg Discusses His New Book Wilson
Confessions of a Wild Child by Jackie Collins
Chris Matthews on His New Book Tip and the Gipper
Visiting Quiet Dell with Jayne Anne Phillips
Chris Matthews on Politics and His Book Tip and the Gipper
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...