A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HAND CARVED STAMPS!!!!!check them out!!!!  (Read 26201 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KIT-CAT
CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2006 05:11:10 AM »

That idea ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the TIP!!! YES get your stuff out and carve your little brain-away!!! I feel awesome to INSPIRE SOOOO MANY CRAFTY PEOPLE like you guys.  Onestly I LOVE CARVEING but i have NOOOOOOOOOO idea what to use my stamps for!!!!!  CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME IDEAS SINCE YOU GAVE ME SUCH A GREAT TIP?       Grin  YOU CAN PM ME AND WE CAN BE FRIENDS AND SHARE ARE IDEAS  : CRAFTADDCHICK!!!!   Wink
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006 05:13:55 AM by KIT-CAT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2006 11:19:23 PM »

how about making stationary and gift cards and wrap? that would be awesome. cards too, why not? your designs are awesome.
i worked in my friend's retail shop for years and one of the best sellers were the greeting cards, the more artistic and original the better. they sell for between $3 and $8 each so you could get quite a bit for them as singles or in gift sets. make up samples and take them 'round to local retailers, for sure they'll get snapped right up by some smart store owner right away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
KIT-CAT
CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2006 02:28:25 PM »

AAAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!  You are a sweetie pie!! Thanks for the ideas!!!!!  Did i give you the EXPLANATION correct?  On the stuff you needed to BUY?  I hope i helped out!!! Anyway i will try to go to my local shops and see what happens  WISH ME LUCK!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reddevil

Yes, I'm back. :-)

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006 05:25:51 AM »

Wow, they are great!
I haven't thought of that actually... making your own stamps that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sanditerese
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006 01:23:08 PM »

Kit-Cat

I noticed on the webiste you gave us (www.dickblick.com) it said to use a special ink when using the stamps so the stamp pads don't get ruined.  Do you use the ink it suggests or do you use any ink you have? Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SandiTerese

www.wists.com/sanditerese
www.sanditerese.etsy.com
I have a blog now!  www.yarner.blogspot.com

I love personal swaps!
retro-redux

spending way too much time on craftster since 2006

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2006 06:35:14 PM »

kit cat-buy some cheapie white t shirts and stamp your stamps all over it with acrylic paint:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come be my craftster friend on my blog: http://www.myspace.com/retroredux

I succumbed to the Wist Darkside-here ya go:
http://www.wists.com/retro-redux

Break the chain: Spay or Neuter your pets
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2006 03:49:59 PM »

Oh, and you can also stamp on polymer clay and make pendants and other things- decorative tiles, etc...

It would be neat to use the baby-themed stamps to stamp a "tile" of sculpey/fimo and use some letter/number stamps to stamp in the baby's info (name, date of birth, time of birth, weight, length). You could even frame it and give it as a gift. If you use a translucent (or white) sculpey/fimo, you could put colored inks on the stamps and they would show up nicely. Or, after you've baked the clay, you could dust them with chalks or something like Pearl-ex powder and then spray them with a sealant/fixative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2006 10:48:05 AM »

I LOVE CARVEING but i have NOOOOOOOOOO idea what to use my stamps for!!!!!

KIT-CAT, craftAddchick mentioned using your stamps with polymer clay, and there are a lot of ways you could do that!  You can of course, just stamp onto baked clay in the usual way you would on paper, but there are many different, fun things to do with clay and stamps too.

Rather than listing them all, check out these pages at my polymer clay encyclopedia website that discusses them:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/stamping.htm
..."textures" and texture sheets can be made as stamps too:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/texturing.htm

Stamped clay impressions can also be highlighted or antiqued with metallic powders, paint, or leaf, and can be backfilled with clay, tinted liquid clay, etc.... they can also be used on stacks of very thin raw clay layers of diff. colors (or special mica-containing polymer clays), which are then shaved or sanded to reveal the stamped patterns.  All those things are discussed on the pages above, and directions to getting even more info at the site on some of the techniques are also given.

In general, the best stamps to use with polymer clay are deep cut.  The shallow ones, or ones with lots of tiny lines, don't work as well.

In addition to purchased stamps, we also make stamps from polymer clay (raw or baked, carved or impressed), and some people use the ReadyStamp company to create rubber stamps from their b & w drawings or photocopies, etc. --those also come with the corresponding "molds" for the stamps. 
Any stamped impressions in clay can also be turned into "outies" by making a clay mold from the impression.

I think you'd love using your stamps with clay!

Diane B.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
Reddevil

Yes, I'm back. :-)

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2006 11:59:47 AM »

NOOOOOO  PROBLEM!

I made some SHRINKY DINK CHARMS out of my stamps!! take a look!!
[...]

Sooo SORRY for the blur picture i wanted to get as close to the charms as possible..this is what i made with my stamps also!!!
[...]
Wow, I really dig those shrinky dinky charms! It just made me drool...  Cheesy
So much creativity over here, really great and inspiring.  Smiley

Btw,  I read somewhere else that stamping with bleach is also very cool, fot it gives a lighttoned (is that a correct word?  Huh) print... But I don't know if it damages the stamps?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006 12:02:55 PM by Reddevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2006 05:16:25 PM »

Btw,  I read somewhere else that stamping with bleach is also very cool, fot it gives a lighttoned (is that a correct word?  Huh) print... But I don't know if it damages the stamps?

Bleach is okay for regular rubber stamps as long as you clean them right away (I wouldn't leave them sitting in the bleach). I don't know if it would do any harm to hand-carved stamps...again, I think if you cleaned them quickly, it should be okay. I usually put some bleach on a shallow dish or plate and then put a few folded paper towels in the dish. The paper towels soak up the bleach and make a bleach "stamp pad." Keeps the bleach from splashing, too. Some people recommend a bleach pen- I think it is less messy and you can control the application better- but I haven't tried it yet. Every time I go to the store, I forget to look for one!

And, if you use bleach on papers that have a different color below the surface, you get a cool batik-like look when you stamp.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lt. Gen. Russel Honore Reveals His Motto
Ann Pearlman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Nic Sheff Reveals His Favorite Words
Glenn Beck Talks About The Christmas Sweater
Stacy Morrison Talks About Falling Apart in One Piece
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...