A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Ivy KAL?  (Read 7452 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissLulu
« on: September 25, 2006 09:54:49 AM »

I am going to make this for my sister for Chrsitmas. Has anyone made it? Anyone want to make it? I'm heading to my LYS this afternoon to look for some delicious yarn...

http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTivy.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006 05:39:36 AM »

Hey there, I definitely want to make it, but just have to steel myself for spending about 60 on yarn (about $100).  It calls for so much!  If I can find something that doesn't bankrupt me, I will definitely join you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006 06:28:01 AM »

It's on my to-do list, in a different yarn. Sometime AFTER the holidays, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooncalf
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006 06:31:34 AM »

I JUST bought the wool for this. I got Jaeger Luxury Tweed from Cucumber patch for only 1.50 a ball. http://www.cucumberpatch.co.uk/luxury_tweed.htm

65% lambswool and 35% alpaca. I got 9 balls which should be more than enough to make a small size for 13.50.

I making a Rosedale United at the moment but I think I should be finished by the weekend so I'm hoping to cast on then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissLulu
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006 07:30:16 AM »

oh yay! i am not alone!

I have actually had a really frustrating time with this - I just haven't been paying enough attention, and have had to frog back a lot.

but i am using misti alpaca in a lovely green colour. and i am determined to not make any more mistakes!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lil Red Riding Hood
The Feisty Redhead Craft Blog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006 01:33:41 PM »

I want to make this, but I was holding out til Elann gets another shipment of the teal in. I like wrap sweaters a lot, but the teal is really what caught my eye. I heard they aren't getting another shipment til the holidays, though. Sad Maybe I should just find a sub in the same color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooncalf
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006 01:28:38 AM »

I'm back!! Probably for too late though Sad

I finished my Rosedale U and it was too small so I had to put back all the yoke and body and knit the whole thing again. Then I made some Xmas scarves for a break. Finally I picked up my Jaeger Luxury Tweed and realised it was a terrible choice. Beautiful, but pretty fluffy and you'd never have seen the twisted rib.

Finally, I won 500g of Rowan Lightweight dk on ebay, gauge swatched and cast on for the back last night. I've done 3 repeats of the twisted rib and it progressing quicker than I had feared. I'm making the small rather than the medium as I think my gauge might be a little loose and also because I'd like a more close-fitting look than in the knitty pictures. I hope this isn't another too-small disaster waiting to happen...

Is anyone else making this or is it all too late?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissLulu
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006 08:41:10 AM »

I'm still making mine! I had a bit of a set back with the front - had to rip it out three times (I got seriously confused by the instructions, but have conquered - let me know when you're there if you need any help). Am now on the first sleeve. This has taken me forever (mostly because of the damn frogging)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooncalf
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006 01:27:30 AM »

I've just finished the ribbing on the back and am bracing myself for hours and hours of stockinette stitch. I'm slightly nervous as it looks very small at this stage. I suppose the ribbing will stretch and there's a fair amount of increasing... I think after making my last project too small I'm just worrying...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissLulu
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006 09:11:52 AM »

it will stretch out a lot. and i would imagine that if the back seems a bit small, you could always do the front pieces one size up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Reynolds Price Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Ian James Corlett Reveals His Favorite Movie
Jeffrey Rotter Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Alan Katz Reads the Poem On Top of the Bleechers
The Book of Spam Book Trailer Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...