A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,485
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New to Charlotte, NC - bunch of questions ... cool JOBS??!  (Read 1032 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pippasma
« on: August 31, 2004 10:27:01 AM »

Hi everyone!  I just found this site and have been having lots of fun exploring.

I just moved to Charlotte, from Long Island, NY ... and am completely bored out of my wits!  I am currently a stay at home mommy ... and my husband works some long freakin hours.  Needless to say I don't know anyone here yet and am desperate for some fun (preferably creative) things to do, and maybe even a cool job!

I was thinking about trying to get involved in some of the arts and crafts festivals that are coming up around NC, particularly Charlotte, so if anyone has any advice about that ... meaning how the heck do I get started doing that kinds of thing ... that would be great. 

Also if anyone knows of any cool jobs that require creativity and a friendly personality ... let me know I am definitly interested. 

Besides all that, I'm just trying to get settled here, meet people ect.  So if anyone has any suggestions on, well I don't know anything, let me know!!  Thanks alot, and I'm excited to be on these message boards.

<}}}><  Stephanie  ><{{{>

THIS ROCKS   Logged

You know we're in trouble when our bombs are smarter than our president.

Re-defeat Bush 2004
elecbunni

Apparently, communists make the best cigars...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004 05:22:48 AM »

Hello Stephanie and welcome to Charlotte. I hope that you're getting semi-settled in. I've lived in the area for just under 2 years, and it's sort of a weird place, really conservative! If you want fun and creative things to do, your best bet is probably to look to NODA - www.noda.org - which I am sure you have heard of by now. And of course check out Creative Loafing for other things going on around town.

I'm afraid I won't be able to be much help on how to get into art festivals, unfortunately, or how to find cool jobs. Unless you think banking is cool, you might be kind of out of luck in Charlotte! There are some fun little galleries around that if you don't mind retail could be fun to work in. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Soft and Shiny Locks with Steam
Beachy Waves Without Going to a Salon
Three Hair Sprays That Do More Than Just Hold Your Style
Hair Care with Natural Ingredients
Make Your Hair Color Last Longer With Easy At-Home Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...