This is the pattern I used for the bag with clasp. It came with the clasp I bought.
1. First thing you need to do is to add your own seam allowance to the top. The line without the shaded area. I didn't add this seam allowance and my purse turned out a little flat.
2. I quilted the outer fabric with some batting to give the purse some structure. From this point on the outer fabric + batting is treated as one piece of fabric and will be referred to as the quilted fabric. That means the wrong side of this fabric will in fact be the batting.
2 Cut two pieces of quilted outer fabric and 2 lining fabric using this pattern.
NB: If you are using clasp without holes (like me), your fabric cannot be thick.This is where my memory gets a bit fuzzy. But I think this is what I did.
3. Pin right side of quilted fabric to right side of lining fabric. Sew along top edge only. Do this twice. I didn't do this next step, but you might want to cut / snip / neaten the edges so that the seams will be quite flat. And then turn both pieces right side out. You should see the bag beginning to form.
4. Then pin the right sides of the two quilted fabric together and sew along bottom edge.
5. Then pin the right sides of the lining fabric together and sew along the bottom. But this time, leave a gap. This is the hole you need to turn the bag right side around.
6. Turn the purse around and press as required. Top stitch along the top edge to flatten that seam.
7. If using claspses without holes, find the centre of the purse and match it to the centre of the clasp (the purse frame). There should be a string provided which you need to stuff into the gap in the frame to keep the fabric part in place. Also use some glue.
8. If using claspses with holes (and I have not used them before) I think you can stitch the fabric bit to the frame. And then what I've seen, is that they use beads to cover up the holes where the stitching is, on the outside of the purse. You can still see the stitching when you open the purse, but that's quite neat.
I hope this is clear. But ask me if you have any questions!