A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,780
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Corset and tute!  (Read 289390 times)
Tags for this thread: corset , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #340 on: September 06, 2009 10:05:07 AM »

OK. After reading through all 34 pages I have decided to give this a go. I have a corset I bought off ebay but it cost me $110 bux. As I have a lot of scraps and materials around this will probably cost a little less... Wink. I may just post a pic if it doesn't turn out horribly disfigured. Undecided.
« Reply #341 on: September 22, 2009 06:57:08 PM »

Made one!
And wore it to dragon*con!
I'm working on another one, which will hopefully be a great improvement on the last.
Thank you so much for the tute!

better than love, we made delicious.

faster pussycat! kill! kill!

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 26, 2009 08:13:53 PM »

thank you for the tute! I'm going to try this very soon, the only ones I can buy are way to expensive. Plus I have some fabric that would be perfect.

Otis: I'm the one who brings the Christmas candy. Now tell me, who's your daddy? I'm the one who brings the devil's brandy.
Mother: Who's your daddy?
Otis: I'm the one who beats you when you're bad.
Baby: Who's your daddy?
Mother: Who's your daddy?
« Reply #343 on: September 27, 2009 04:54:45 PM »

has anyone tried to convert this to an overbust corset? would I have to change the corset pattern drastically or could i just add the measurements to the top?

Warning: Attention Deficit Crafter.
« Reply #344 on: September 30, 2009 09:58:12 PM »

Ugh, twitpic is poopoo, so I have to do links :/
I was skeptical about corsets, I thought they'd be hideously uncomfortable, but I made one for a halloween/birthday party thing (I'm going as a victorian ghost, so we can do some of those terrible "THERE WERE ONLY THREE PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WHEN THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN" fake ghost photos Tongue) But the verdict - yes, it's not the most comfy thing in the world, but it isn't that bad at all! Feels a bit weird, but not too weird. My waist is 73 cm  - 28.5 inches. It goes down to 27 inches - 69cm with the corset on. Not a massive reduction, but who cares Tongue
I used like..four bottles. Two milk bottles, one juice and one disinfectant one. Some of the plastic was a bit bendy/ridged cause of the shape or whatever, it doesn't matter TOO much.
The worst bit was putting in those eyelet things...I didn't have a specific hole punching device, so I had to use..a paper hole puncher :/ which meant I had to set them quite close to the edge, and it was really hard to get the holes big enough, I had to sort of punch a hole, then punch one that overlapped it..
Well anyway. Less talking, more pictures.
http://www.twitpic.com/jsxcb the back is a bit buckle-y because I couldn't lace it up really well on my own. But I fixed it when I took it off.
White on one side, stripey on the other..
you can't really tell but I smooshed so many of the eyelets when putting them on.
Well anyway, it isn't perfect but for a costume I think I did a pretty good job. Maybe I'll make one with a zip next time. The white fabric was some weird misc canvassy stuff, and the stripey was from this weird hideous nightdress thing that for some reason is really narrow at the bottom instead of flaring out like a dress thing normally would.
Hopefully the post works Smiley
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009 10:00:11 PM by ludicrouslouisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #345 on: October 01, 2009 08:19:27 AM »

I love corsets are very sexy

« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2009 09:02:01 AM »

thank you , this is what i always wanted to make ,
now you're showing us how to make it
thank u so much ! Tongue
« Reply #347 on: October 09, 2009 07:36:27 AM »

I hope this is ok! I used elements of your tutorial to make my own corset pattern, but I modified it to fit my body better. I wrote a tutorial in case there are other long torso'd freaks like myself who needed a better fit Wink Awesome tutorial, thank you for sharing!!

Thats because youre a part of something larger. Like
being swallowed by something larger.

« Reply #348 on: October 27, 2009 05:23:38 PM »

Oh noes! I've had this bookmarked for months and finally decided to make my corset tonight, and all the pictures are down.  Angry And it can't have happened more than a week or so ago, cause i pored over it about then. Anyone save the pics, by any chance?

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

Tutorial Contributor

I work with toxins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: October 29, 2009 11:49:40 AM »

Oh noes! I've had this bookmarked for months and finally decided to make my corset tonight, and all the pictures are down.  Angry And it can't have happened more than a week or so ago, cause i pored over it about then. Anyone save the pics, by any chance?
They are back up.  And they would have been back up sooner if someone had messaged my to let me know they were down.  I only found out because you were asking other people if they had my photos.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009 11:50:50 AM by Roethke » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Classic French Chocolate Mousse
How To Make Raspberry Mango Cheesecake Bars
Peoplehood of the Traveling Swirly Pan
How to Make Zucchini Bread
How to Make a Chocolate Vanilla Nut Parfait
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...