A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Duckie bathroom  (Read 2257 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jsy_duck

Ducks should rule the world!!

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2006 12:23:14 PM »

Hiya

I really like ducks and am doing my bathroom in a duckie theme, with plenty of rubber ducks.  but i kinda need some ideas on how to improve it, and I'm tryin to find a nice way of displaying my ever growing collection of rubber ducks

I managed to get a baby duck curtain, and purples my fav colour

a closer image of the wall ducks

then my last wall with the photos that show above my sink and toilet

I know it isnt finished yet, so doesnt look too great.  I was going to paint a mural of a duck pond on the lower half of the walls that have the flying ducks, but not sure if would be too much.

thanks for looking

jsy_duck
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010 11:54:31 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006 12:56:05 PM »

Duck tolite lid, ducks for the shower wall! Its hot cool whatever people say when they love somthin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
PrincessJazz
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006 06:36:33 PM »

I love your shower curtain!  I also have a duckie bathroom but it's not as sophsiticated as yours - mine are all rubber duckies.  What I use to display all my duckies is baskets.  I bought a set of four nesting baskets from Walmart.  The smallest is probably 4" by 4" and the largest is maybe 12" by 12".  I put picture hanging hooks in the wall and hung the baskets so that the bottoms of the baskets are against the wall.  It makes them like shelves/shadow boxes.  I placed all my ducks in/on these shelves. Does that makes sense? It looks cool and it's organized.

Your bathroom is so neat.  It's cool to see another duck bathroom especially one so different from mine!

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jsy_duck

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006 02:34:55 PM »

Hi

That sounds like a really great idea to use baskets as shelves for the rubber ducks. Has prompted me to look again at a way of displaying them.  Good to hear I'm not the only one who has a duckie bathroom, some of my friends despair at it.

I have about 40 diff rubber ducks but no where to put them so I end up only having a few out - it would be great to have them all out at the same time.  i started off just collecting rubber ducks but as more people found out about my little obession i'm had diff sorts of ducks brought for me so decided that i'd make it a general duckie bathroom rather than just the bath toy variety. 

The shower curtain is a PVC clear one, i hung a cheap purple fabric one behind it as it didnt look good on its own. 

thanks for replying

jsy_duck
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJazz
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006 06:24:06 PM »

just curious - why the duck theme?  mine is because I have the word "duck" in my last name.  What inspired you?

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jsy_duck

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006 02:33:54 PM »

For me the duck theme is has progressed over many years.  My younger brother has autism and the only way he used to respond when he was younger was if I spoke to him through a toy duck, so I became the duck.  After a few years he said his 1st words by copying the toy duck, so it reminds me that i did some good.  Also, it allows me to indulge my inner child!

It always interests me too what prompts people to do themed rooms, cos often the reason behind is so interesting.

jsy_duck
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJazz
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006 04:58:54 PM »

That's an amazing reason!  And so cool that you found such a creative way to communicate with your brother.  I work as a support worker in a group home with three men with autism and I'm trying to be more creative with my methods of communication.  Words just don't cut it with them.

Thanks for the neat story!

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ellen Crosby Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Jeff Nichols Talks About Trainwreck
Bethenny Frankel Talks About Naturally Thin
Crescendo Book Trailer
Regan Hoffman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...