A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plainly no one in Kansas crafts  (Read 18319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2005 12:08:07 AM »

Interesting. I don't think I've been over there very much. You'll have to go scout it out and report back to the rest of us.  Wink

Fluffy Monkey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
UnsceneObserver
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005 04:37:05 PM »

I'm in Topeka, and I agree that most places (Lawrence being an exception...Lawrenc e is my equivalent to heaven.) do not have ANYTHING.  Maybe it's because I'm younger (16) and don't hear about it?  I don't know, but I do have to say on the Emporia note- my aunt lives there, and used to have a fabric shop (Fabric Corner) there, but she had to compete with Wal Mart so much that it wasn't worth it, and moved to Topeka (the store, not her)  And my cousin goes to ESU.  He's a freshman and in a lot of plays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

I have an etsy! The Home for Imaginary Friends
FluffyMonkey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2005 07:14:50 AM »

I don't know, but I do have to say on the Emporia note- my aunt lives there, and used to have a fabric shop (Fabric Corner) there, but she had to compete with Wal Mart so much that it wasn't worth it, and moved to Topeka (the store, not her) And my cousin goes to ESU. He's a freshman and in a lot of plays.

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt's shop! that happens way too often when the evil empire takes over.

I bet I know your cousin, if only by proxy. my next door neighbor is in drama, but she works back stage.

fluffy monkey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

UnsceneObserver
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2005 05:51:16 PM »

I bet I know your cousin, if only by proxy. my next door neighbor is in drama, but she works back stage.

fluffy monkey
Hmm maybe, his name's Pat and he has bright red hair and dimples??? Anyway, my aunt just moved her shop here, so I'm working there now, and been doing better, although it seems like everyone just wants $2 a yard fabric even if it's crap, rather than $8 a yard fabric that is good quality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

I have an etsy! The Home for Imaginary Friends
angelb2_1999
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2005 11:26:29 PM »

I am in Wichita Smiley

Me too!  Does anyone know a good place here in Wichita to get vintage clothes or material that won't break my piggy bank?

Kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kalyps0
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2005 09:04:56 AM »

I'm in Haysville.  I need to know some good places in Wichita..Haysville has nothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thrifty_mermaid
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2005 07:56:35 PM »

actually, there is a yellow brick road in kansas...i live about 30 minutes away from it!! it's in sedan, a tiny town in southeast kansas.  i know another good place in kc, it's called uptown monkey pants, they closed for a while, but i think they opened back up. also, there's a place called Boomerangs in downtown KC.  hope that helps all of your northerners a bit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so clear, like the diamond in your ring cut to mirror your intentions, oversized and overwhelmed, the shine of which has caught my eye...
weezermom
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2005 09:54:07 PM »

I live in Wellington about 35 miles south if Wichita. I work at a thrift store called Mission Thrift. I find TONS of fab things to make my crafts from. The place is small but ever so much fun. We are only open 9-11 M-S. There is also a fun tiny thrift store run by a local church that has fun and very retro stuff dirt cheap. They are open M-F 1-4. email me if you want addresses. Wellington is kind of out of the way but I have a blast working at the thrift store and even more of a blast finding good junk to re-make into even better junk...
Happy crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005 08:42:57 PM »

I live in Wellington about 35 miles south if Wichita. I work at a thrift store called Mission Thrift. I find TONS of fab things to make my crafts from. The place is small but ever so much fun. We are only open 9-11 M-S. There is also a fun tiny thrift store run by a local church that has fun and very retro stuff dirt cheap. They are open M-F 1-4. email me if you want addresses. Wellington is kind of out of the way but I have a blast working at the thrift store and even more of a blast finding good junk to re-make into even better junk...
Happy crafting.

wow, where's this Mission Thrift place? i think i've been there and i tried on all the old wedding dresses in my size. i could also be thinking of somewhere entirely different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Yaldah Tovah

weezermom
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2005 04:26:34 PM »

Fluffy monkey, sorry it took me so long to post back.... BUSY BUSY, ya know... Mission thrift store is on Washington (our main street) on the east side of the street. Hope to hear from you again if you try us out again...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Parmesan Chicken Casserole with Wild Rice Recipe
Simple and Tasty Salmon Cakes Recipe
Southern Oven Fried Chicken Breast Recipe
Southern Fried Chicken Gravy Recipe
Great Dagwood Style Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...