A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,883
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plainly no one in Kansas crafts  (Read 24181 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyCo
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2005 07:50:41 PM »

Definitely please check out Crafty & Company in Dowtown Lawrence (918 Massachusetts). We're full of Crafty ideas and opinions and love to talk in detail about projects with everybody.

For me, this is a shameless self-promotion for the shop. I'm the owner and have put my heart and soul into making this place work. It's so amazingly fun to own, work in, and be a part of this Crafty community I can hardly stand it. We opened up last September 7 and are planning our first anniversary celebration.

Please come in. Spend time on one of our couches. Let us get to know you. Make a project while you're here. Let us demonstrate how to use a bead loom, Knifty Knitter, or Print Gocco. Take a workshop on Henna Art or basic sewing techniques. Discover the power of Teriffically Tacky Tape or Weldbond. Show us your most recent project or let us help you figure out a solution or set you on the course to your next obsession.

If you can't get to the shop right away, visit www.craftyandcompany.com and see our shop online.

Yours in Crafty-ness,
Chris

Crafty & Company
918 Massachusetts
Lawerence KS 66044
785-856-8080 / Toll Free 1-888-8-CRAFTY
www.craftyandcompany.com
info@craftyandcompany.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged
poppet
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2005 07:59:39 AM »

Chris,
I do recommend your store to everyone now that I've been there. I've *never* met more helpful and genuinely friendly staff anywhere. U R 2 cool 2 B 4-gotten.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: "Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment." -- Dorothy Parker

http://poppetprojects.blogspot.com
CraftyCo
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2005 07:38:40 PM »

Wow! Thanksabazillion!

xoxo,
Crafty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2005 09:46:39 AM »

I know that this probably is of no help at all, but we have a Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, Good Will, Salvation Army, and a nice little Fabrique Shoppe here in Dodge City.  But still, it's pretty darn slim pickins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
KCGal
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2005 06:49:06 PM »

Hello, fellow Kansans.
I am still a newbie on this site, but I just posted a couple of things on the Missouri section of this "city guides" area; sort of a "scouting report" for the Kansas City area. 

I live in Prairie Village (Kansas City suburb) and find awesome stuff at Paper Source on the Plaza (my nirvana) and Urban Arts + Crafts in the River Market (north of downtown KC, MO).  Cool vintage/thrift/second hand stores in the K.C. area include:  Boomerang (mostly clothing, some housewares) on 39th St. in KCMO, Urban Mining Co. (not to be confused with Urban Arts + Crafts)...check my posting in the Missouri section to get a description of UMC and some of their classes; Re-runs (I think?) in Westport for high-quality vintage clothing and amazing vintage jewelry, handbags, and hats; and Mission Road Antiques, which includes everything from super high-end imported antiques to kitschy vintage Christmas decorations.  Mission Road Antiques is in Prairie Village/Corinth area, 83rd and Mission Road.

Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
weirdlilcraftychic

oh wow look at me

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2005 08:53:21 AM »

Sigh...any craftsters near great bend?

I live 3 hours from lawrence but my boyfriend lives there and I have to say I LOVE the Yarn Barn...even though saying the name makes me feel even more midwestern...lol

I haven't actually been in crafty and co... it actually looked a little too..."cleancut" for me...I don't know I guess it was just intimidating... yeah I'm weird...I like cluttered stores with stuf everywhere...

but now I think I will have to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bigeyes
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2005 01:39:26 PM »

heh..nobody in Kansas crafts because we all flee to California!  Wink

Seriously, I miss Wichita shopping so much, because they had both Michaels and Hobby Lobby.  Here all we have is Michaels, and with the lack of competition the supplies are scarce and the prices high.  Do check out Lawrence, the only cool place in all of Kansas IMO.  KC has a few craft stores, seems like I actually remember a huge Michaels on the Kansas side and there used to be Lee something or other, I believe they were originally knitting and the like, can't recall the name for sure...and it's been years so they could be gone.  JoAnn Fabric stores and Hancocks are both in various KS cities, they are a fairly good source for many things, and then of course, the internet makes everything available.   cherrytreetoys.com has a lot of wood pieces, stains, glues, etc., and there a several good links on the craftster homepage.  Also, if you just google 'craft supplies' or specific items you are looking for, you would be amazed at the sources you'll uncover.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
thatonechik
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2005 05:30:28 PM »

Hi there!  I'm in Lawrence.  However, with my husband in school and us expecting our third child, I don't get downtown much.  It's good for the heart and soul, but terrible for the pocketbook.  The Salvation Army store closed a little while ago, so I make do with Michael's mostly.  I try to recycle a lot of things like the bit of decorations from Christmas that people don't want anymore, junk mail things, and my church has a give and take table that often has fun crafty items.  There is also Freecycle if you're quick on the draw and don't mind driving all over creation to secure your find. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?" -Eugene Kennedy
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2006 11:10:18 PM »

Yay for a very limited people stuck in this place called Kansas, where contray to mosts belief there is not a yellow brick road.
Rooney- I'm in Wichita, too! Have you found any nice kept secrets here?

Ha ha...
We are a sad group that live in Kansas  Embarrassed  Glad to know there are some fellow craftsters! I was beginning to think I was the only one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
nickiefantastic

sneakers go with everything

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2006 08:09:01 PM »

Someone mentioned Urban Arts and Crafts...can't reccommend that more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Chainless Foundations
How to Crochet - Beyond the Basics
How To Scrapbook - How to Design a Page
How To Scrapbook - How to Choose Embellishments
How To Scrapbook - How to Journal
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...