A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 308,229
Currently Running With Scissors:
332 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plainly no one in Kansas crafts  (Read 25296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tall Girl
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2008 04:33:45 PM »

I use to go to Grand Old Trunk when I lived in Manhattan - and you are right about the prices.  But I can remember when it was still called Grandma's Trunk.   

And you're not alone in Olathe.  I live near there.  I frequent Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and the Goodwill.  I get a lot of my craft supplies from my friends' cast offs and their "trash."  Seriously, who throws good stuff away?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2008 02:05:26 AM »

hey everyone! I am in wichita too. I used to live in hutchinson which has gotten so much better having lots of little fun shops and thirft stores Smiley. I love kansas but I do miss LA because the resources they have are amazing. There is a lot in wichita and I enjoy it. I do wish there was a little bit more edgy craft store here and if I don't know something and there is PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!  Cheesy  I think my fave places here are goodwill on central, love hobby lobby and michaels because they carry completely different stuff. JoAnns fabric at the mall has some cool fabric because I am not to happy or excited about fabric at Hobby Lobby Sad thank GOD for online resources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
landofoz
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2008 06:01:24 PM »

All the crafty places in Hutchinson are evaporating - just the pricey quilt shop on Main and Hobby Lobby.  BUT HL is getting a large remodel, making it about 40 feet bigger on the entire west side which is awesome.  I'm always so envious of the fabrics that everyone uses here - they just aren't available here!  I always want to check out the scene in Wichita but with hubs and kids, I'm always outnumbered.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jmkc83
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2008 01:42:26 AM »

I am actually in KCMO, but I live on State Line Road so I always check both the MO and KS boards...
I make jewelry and sell it at craft fairs when I can. If anyone ever wants to split a booth I would be up for it! I just had a booth at Riverfest and it went over pretty well.
Happy crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2008 04:30:48 AM »

I have to take the hubs to Witchita for his eye surgery.  Maybe I will check out the crafting scene!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2008 12:37:31 PM »

If you're around Ottawa, Kansas, I hear the Farmers' Market has some lovely homespun yarn. I'm going tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2008 01:15:29 PM »

I'm moving (back) to Kansas in 3 weeks I will be in the Hutchinson area. I know that McPherson has a fabulous quilt shop on Main street, I can't remember the name of it I just know it is next to the Christian bookstore "Body & Soul". I can't wait to get there and walk around that quilt shop again drooling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2008 02:31:49 PM »

I love to shop in Hutch. There's the Etc. Shoppe and a few really nice privately owned fabric stores downtown.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2008 02:39:58 PM »

I love to shop in Hutch. There's the Etc. Shoppe and a few really nice privately owned fabric stores downtown.

Tell me more!! I haven't been to the Etc shop in years, I've found some great stuff at the Goodwill there though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2008 10:28:21 AM »

There's Cottonwood Quilts directly on main and Prairie Points Fabrics on Sherman. I love love love the Etc Shop though. I find something so uplifting about buying thrifted fabric. Prairie Points is run by a lovely nice woman and it has a back room with a bunch of bargain-priced, older knit fabrics that I can't get enough of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...