I made this last Autumn from 3 balls of Jaeger Matchmaker I think, It was one of my first completed crocheted things. Apart from having to replace a few pom-poms it has lasted much better than I thought a bag made from wool would. Tutorial:Stitch pattern
Blackberry Salad Stitch (The Harmony Guide to Crochet Stitches, Volume one, p42)
I worked the following stitch pattern making a rectangle 52 tr across and 50 rows long, which using 3 balls of Jaeger Matchmaker and a 3mm hook (I think) made a bag 28 cm across (widest) and 18 ch high.
I worked two rows in each colour:
Ch multiple of 4 st + 3
1st row (right side): Miss 3ch (count as 1tr), 1tr into each ch to end, turn.
2nd row: 1ch, 1dc into each of the first 2 sts, *work tr5tog into next st, 1dc into each of next 3 sts; rep from * to last 3 sts, work tr5tog into next st, 1dc into each of last 2 sts (including top of tch), turn.
3rd row: 3ch (count as 1tr), miss first st, 1tr into each st to end, miss tch, turn.
4th row: 1ch, 1dc into each of first 4 sts, *work tr5tog into next st, 1dc into each of next 3 sts; rep from * ending 1dc into top of tch, turn.
5th row: As 3rd row.
Rep 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rows.
My craptacular diagram to show how to shape and assemble this into a bag:
Oh, and I cut the excess crochet fabric that was pleated to make it less bulky (obviously shaping it would make more sense but I wasn't sure how big i wanted it to be). If anyone attempts this please post pictures, I would love to see what it looks like done in other wool + colours