A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Country Doesn't Have that Round 6 GALLERY!!  (Read 15100 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katie_ramone9
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2006 11:15:18 AM »

Here's what I sent to trillian

group shot

The candy and koolaid

the other goods

the matching apron, cd, and headband (the apron doesnt curve weird on the left side in real life)

the cd...it says "america...    ...canadas dumping grounds".  inside of the fabric cover "art" is a list of the bands and songs

and i have another package on the way to her.  I was only going to send one thing but then i went to the store and found some more things i wanted to send to her  Cheesy

kool-aid count: 20...i got two of every flavor (except the white ones and the twist ones)...i guess im out of the "most koolaid" challenge
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2006 11:17:17 AM »

I have a question for you US people - what are twinkies?

they are a treat that is a cake-like outside with a sweet creamy filling.  supposedly they last a long time with out going stale or bad.  people even fry them (talk about heatattack on a stick).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2006 01:11:49 PM »

people even fry them (talk about heatattack on a stick).

eeew! Sounds like fried Mars Bars - a lovely, infarction inducing treat from Scotland.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seymourcharlie
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2006 01:57:19 PM »

Holy Moly! I can't believe SherNWT was worried about not sending enough! My camera is out of commision untill my sister sends me the missing part I left at her house so I really hope SherNWT took pics of all this awesome stuff? Here's what she sent untill one of us can get pics up: A super cute purse with maple leaves on it, a bag of coffee crisp, smarties (and I thought smarties were those chalky candies in a twist wrapper), kit kats and aeros, a box of mack, a bag of thrills gum (yes, it does taste like soap!.. and violas maybe?), a pocket guide to scenic drives in the NWT, a pair of Canada socks for when my feet get cold!, a really pretty birch bark pocket made with porcupine quills and embroidered with a flower, Canada tattoos, a deck of cards, an eraser, a pencil, and official Hay River, NWT mosquito trap (so cute!), a box of Northern Delights Ground Juniper Fine Inuit Herbal Tea (which I can't wait to try!), a poppy for Rememberance Day, a Canadian flag patch, a bunch of really cute Canada pins and buttons, two childrens books, all wrapped up in seperate little parcels with fabric- she sent tons and tons of fabric!! and last but not least- a Plum Blossom Blythe! That was the sweetest thing ever SherNWT!! I definately wasn't expecting that! She even made a really Cute Canadian flag dress for her! I do love her and thank you! thank you! thank you! SherNWT. This was the best first swap ever! I really love everything! Now I'm all nervous about what I sent, I really hope you like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SherNWT
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2006 05:16:41 PM »

I have one really bad picture 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2006 04:20:56 AM »

oooo! i ate the butterfingers chocolate bar i got today!
man was it good! i wish we got themhere *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peariso
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2006 05:59:42 PM »

Have i ever mentioned that KnitWit is THE Best Partner?

Yup that's right I got my swap package today and it rocks! 

Everything all together

A learn to spin kit! With the prettiest fiber.  I love the colour!  It is a dark teal.

And yes that is beautiful hand spun art yarn!

Local papers and Postcards

Hot sauce and Peppers.  I have been searching for peppers like this for a Very long time.

Sprinkles wooden knife and fork (i totally have to go there)  Burt's' Bees Coconut cream, tropical lip balm, gloss, passion fruit candle and.... mango soap

We have Candy!  Chocolate that I have only heard of...

I also received Kool Aid.  Flavours like Mango and Jamaica. I really wonder what Jamaica tastes like?  Oooo did you spot the paint your own Day of the Dead Skull?

Now this is what I call Beautiful!  It is Homespun Yarn!  I have to think of something truly worthy of it.  (138 yard, 5.4 oz blend of merino, rambouillet, targhee, mohair, cotswold, recycled sari silk, nylon, superwash and sparkle)

Thank you so Much knitwit!  You're so awesome!  And now off to my Abba Zabba...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2006 03:18:53 AM »

that IS fine yarn. i don't even know what rambouillet, cotswald and targhee are... are they kinds of sheep?
i'd make a scarf out of it :blush: it's my default 'gosh this yarn is pretty what shall i do with it?' idea.

and that chocolate called 'Big Hunk' is giving me giggles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitwit

The cookie thief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2006 08:17:36 AM »

Thank you! Thank you! Yes, those are different breeds of sheep. I'd love to see what becomes of the yarn. And peariso - I'm so relieved you like everything. I've had a lot of anxiety after getting your generous package! By the way, Jamaica is hibiscus and it usually pretty good but the kool-aid version is more sugary than anything else. It's a pretty color though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

supastarrr110

GHETTO FABULOUS MEETS SEWiiNG!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2006 02:32:15 PM »

I RECIEVED FROM 2711 YESTERDAY AND THE PACKAGE WAS FABULOUS! i took pics but the computers arent networked yet so i'll have to wait a lil while
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not gonna spit on you because i have more class than that. I am, however, going to b!tch slap you!"-New York, FLAVOR OF LOVE
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christy Haubegger: The Feminist Badge
Christy Haubegger: Latinas in the Mastheads
Christy Haubegger: Typos
Christy Haubegger: Adopted by a Tall Blond Family
Christy Haubegger: Founder, Latina Magazine
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...