A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,479
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Country Doesn't Have that Round 6 GALLERY!!  (Read 15883 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

supastarrr110

GHETTO FABULOUS MEETS SEWiiNG!!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2006 07:24:27 PM »

Show off your goodies here!!  Grin

RECEiiVED:
lupinbunny
Miss_Vicki
nifuu
peariso
Arcadian Green
bubba*tink
trillian
gumshoegal
libbybee
knitwit
ecrameri
SherNWT
SilverWing
Saor
katie_ramone9
supastarrr110
veganxwater
subdefective
esmerelda
Me-Shell
seymourcharlie
mi mantita
KnitChick1979
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 06:12:11 PM by supastarrr110 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not gonna spit on you because i have more class than that. I am, however, going to b!tch slap you!"-New York, FLAVOR OF LOVE
arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006 03:35:37 PM »

I'm the first to post!!  I checked the mail at lunch and there was nothing but bills.  Sad  After I got home from work I realized the mailman had tricked me and he waited to put my package in when I wasn't home.  Wink 

I was so excited to take everything out and even more excited when I saw what I got!  Here's a pic of everything together.  It's posed on my bed excuse the pillows and blankets.

Here's a pic of the fabric and beads.  I loooovvveeee the skulls and stars fabric.  Cheesy  I love it so much I'm afraid to cut it up. 

Close-up of the beads.  The dark blue beads are so pretty and I love the purple stars.  I can't wait to make something with all the beads.  I have a million ideas already.

I got some Lemon Myrtle spice and some recipes to go along with it.  I love trying new things out so I'm ready to use it.  I also go some postcards and dinosaur gummies.  Excuse my cats tail he was trying to chew up the bag of lemon myrtle.

Also.... Candy!!  The peppermint crisp looks so good.  I think it will be gone by the end of the night.  There's also some Vegemite which I will have to try out.  I've heard of it before but I didn't realize it was made by Kraft.

Thanks lupinbunny!  I love everything.  Grin
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006 03:38:22 PM by arcadian green » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006 04:07:09 PM »

That is a great haul arcadian green.  You have done well I think.  I am glad to see that the little single serve vegemites lupinbunny sent arrived ok.  I wanted to send some of them to my swap partner too.  But, I was afraid they might not be let in the country because they don't have a lot of info on the pack (which is because it is all on the huge box they come in).  Well they don't have any info, just the name and brand, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006 10:02:25 PM »

hahah! i went to check out the new post, and was scrolling down, and was like 'hey! someone sent the same reusable grocery bag as i did... and the same fabric.. oh. duh. that's the stuff i sent.'

i'm glad you liked it. i got so excited when i found fabric with skulls *and* stars.

eta: i meant to write in the notes i sent, that the moro bars are marsbars. for some reason when you buy them in the mixed multipacks ('fun' packs) they are labelled 'moro' instead... i've never worked out why. any of the australians know?

and, hey, i just counted! you got an extra crunchie bar! the multipack was supposed to be a pack of twelve. how cool. (i emptied it out of the original bag because i thought i wouldn't be able to fit everything in, and i was going to swap some of the multiples for the other chocolate. but then everything did fit).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006 10:09:39 PM by lupinbunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

peariso
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006 06:34:26 AM »

That looks great!  You'll have to tell us how that Cherry Ripe is.  It looks yummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
katie_ramone9
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006 11:53:02 AM »

I love that skully fabric!! and you have to tells us if you like the vegemite...i've always wondered if it tasted good to americans who have never tasted it Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peariso
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006 12:19:38 PM »

i was wondering something. I have seen the jars of Vegemite in the grocery here but what are the uses for it?  Silly question I know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006 05:12:13 PM »

peariso - it's a kind of savoury spread that you put on sandwiches/ toast, usually (though the odd 1970s recipe calls for adding a teaspoon to a stew to give it added depth of flavour, a bit like you might add mustard).
i love it, but i will accept that it is, um... different. the general rule seems to be that if you were fed it as a kid, you like it. if not, it'll make you gag. it's yeast based, and chock full of both b vitamins and sodium. australian soldiers were given an official ration of vegemite in WWII Wink when i went backpacking over summer i took my own tube, and boy was i glad. i so revoltingly SICK of eating sweet jam every morning and it was a nice, familiar, non-stomach churning taste when i got travellers' tummy in morocco.
and taste... it's... salty/ savoury. very strong.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006 05:15:11 PM by lupinbunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006 06:29:21 PM »

eta: i meant to write in the notes i sent, that the moro bars are marsbars. for some reason when you buy them in the mixed multipacks ('fun' packs) they are labelled 'moro' instead... i've never worked out why. any of the australians know?

It is a different brand.  Moro is made by Cadbury, Mars is, you know, Mars.  I guess that makes Moro a copy, not sure.  Moro bars are more of a New Zealand thing I think.  That is probably why you have only seen 'em in variety packs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
peariso
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006 07:17:43 PM »

Lupinbunny,  Thank you for that explaination. It really helps make sense of the uses. I knew that it was a more savory flavour but I honestly wasn't sure about dropping $10 for a jar of something I might not like.  I'll have to pick some up this weekend and give it a try. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Toasted by Henry Hargreaves
Tips For Taking Insect Photos
How to Clean Your Digital Camera
How to Use a Layer Mask in Photoshop
Rooftopping Is Latest Photo Craze
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...