A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What to make for someone you don't like very well?  (Read 1549 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ejlown
I'm a momma on the brink

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006 12:47:29 PM »

Making a washcloth or spa bath mitt is a good item for a simple gift knit. I always make these if I am low on time or am knitting for someone I don't know that well. Gift it with a really nice bar of soap (from a discount store) and you got a very nice asexual gift.

Here is my favorite bath mitt pattern:
http://pensandneedles.blogspot.com/2005/12/moms-bath-mitt-pattern.html

I can get a nice mitt with a ball of cotton WW yarn and it takes me less than a day to whip it up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://mommaonthebrink.blog.com/

Knitting, crocheting, jewelrymaking and everything in between
katbaggins
Knitting Knewbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006 03:55:46 PM »

I just made a scarf out of Stitch and Bitch Nation out of ribbon. I think it's called the YO Drop it scarf? Anyway, because of the yo it looks more complicated than it is, so it's a conversation piece, and it knit up fairly quickly. Then again, not everyone is a ribbon-scarf wearing person, so you'd know better than us Smiley

I've earmarked this pattern for any time in the future where I need a decent gift, fast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitting blog:
http://woolinsunshine.blogspot.com/
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006 09:00:33 PM »

Hey, I think your idea to do something for both of them is great, you could do a whole 'watch a movie together' gift, buy 'em a movie (Rebel without a cause or Joe Dirt?), get 'em some microwave popcorn, do the afghan, all in a nice re-usable basket...
Family stuff can be difficult, the fact that you are willing to give a gift, and put this much thought into it (because we all can go out and buy a gift certificate for a manicure...), should show her (or at least your dad) that you are willing to be adult and mature. Ultimately if it is something you are sure at least your dad will appreciate, then it would be worth putting the time into. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
Wizardesssss

Cherish your bliss!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006 12:42:31 AM »

Hey, I think your idea to do something for both of them is great, you could do a whole 'watch a movie together' gift, buy 'em a movie (Rebel without a cause or Joe Dirt?), get 'em some microwave popcorn, do the afghan, all in a nice re-usable basket...
Family stuff can be difficult, the fact that you are willing to give a gift, and put this much thought into it (because we all can go out and buy a gift certificate for a manicure...), should show her (or at least your dad) that you are willing to be adult and mature. Ultimately if it is something you are sure at least your dad will appreciate, then it would be worth putting the time into. Smiley

I really like this idea....might steal borrow it for myself
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006 12:50:47 AM »

I really like this idea....might steal borrow it for myself
It's all your for the taking borrowing Smiley Another good one is; breakfast in bed... I have given variations of this as wedding gifts, Christmas, birthdays... pancake mix in a decorated bag (follow any recipe, measuring out and mixing well dry ingredients, leaving a recipe to follow for wet ingredients, usually two eggs and 1C milk) OR waffle mix. Then you can add a pound of coffee, embroidered napkins, a waffle maker (I did that one for my sister) or pancake pan or electric skillet or something, egg cups or knit/crocheted egg warmers, Coffee mugs, tea, tray for breakfast in bed- embellished or completely hand made. I also think it would be fun to do a recipe book to go along with, but I haven't yet done that one. AND it would be fun to do the movie one but instead of popcorn, get them an icecream maker!!! Let's hear it for icecream, HIP! HIP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006 11:29:57 PM »

I just made a scarf out of Stitch and Bitch Nation out of ribbon. I think it's called the YO Drop it scarf? Anyway, because of the yo it looks more complicated than it is, so it's a conversation piece, and it knit up fairly quickly. Then again, not everyone is a ribbon-scarf wearing person, so you'd know better than us Smiley

I've earmarked this pattern for any time in the future where I need a decent gift, fast.

i was going to suggest this, out of some kind of novelty yarn you think she'd like (colour, texture-wise).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Real Life Truman Show
Pardon Me!
Harriet Evans on the Book That Changed Her Life
War of the Whales
Ian Gold on on the Book That Changed His Life
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...