A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fair Isl U-Neck from Fall 06 Vogue Knitting  (Read 9913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frozenknitter
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006 04:36:00 PM »

They probably safety pinned it in the back to make it look like that.   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I admit it.  I blog. 
bunchkinknits.blogspot.com
srdesigns

extraordinarily stephanie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006 02:25:40 PM »

The magazine says: Very close-fitting pullover with shaped side seams...

Okay, I got this issue of VK and that's when I decided that I needed to knit this sweater. I never had the ambition to knit a sweater before, let alone a fair isle. I've never done either, but I'm going to get yarn, and try...I only hope it works. At least there's this knit along to help me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenOfThieves
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006 08:36:45 PM »

I'm sort of getting something that resembles a fitted sweater. I'm still on the back (just an inch and a half to go!!), but I can see it taking shape. I don't think the waist will be as fitted as I liked, but I wouldn't mind if it were longer, so I might try to shape it when I block it. A little nervous about how to block mine since it's all alpaca yarn. There're certainly a lot of fuzzies I'll have to look out for! Pictures soon I swear!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006 01:32:24 AM »

Well, I'm currently in the middle of the first repeat of chart 2 for the back body (flat fair isle can suck my toe) and so far this is going surprisingly well. I had concerns about my tension with the fair isle, but apparently my past issues with it stemmed from my use of DPNs and, with the exception of a few slightly too loose stitches closer to the hem, my tension is beautiful.

I'm loving my colour choices, although I accidentally bought the 4 tertiary colours in amounts that were the reverse of what I had intended. It doesn't matter as long as I use them consistently, but it does mean that what I'm knitting has very different tonal relationships than those charted. It can be a little confusing at times.

Ummmm........pictures later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
so soon
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006 11:03:07 AM »

I have just finished the back Kiss

I am liking my colors more and more as I go, but all the loose ends! I am feeling jealous of all of you who decided to do this in the round.

It seems like mine is coming out a little big though, so maybe I can make it tighter when I seam it- so there is one upside of seaming this baby!

I'd love to see pictures of other color combinations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selling shoes, knitting sweaters
http://www.anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
Meet me on Ravelry. My profile: shopgirl
canarysanctuary
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006 11:10:28 AM »

I can't wait to see everyone else's colours too!
(pictures soon, I swear!) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am because my little bird knows me."
http://canaryknits.blogspot.com/

"Gentlemen! We can't *all* be the Honey-Nut Cheerios honeybee!" -Crow
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2006 01:02:26 AM »

Soooo.....I hit a snag. I was doing fine with this in the round, but as soon as I started shaping the neckline and had to switch to working flat I couldn't figure out a decent way to minimize the number of loose ends while maintaining my nice, even tension. My situation is compounded by the fack that my start-of-round is where the left side seam would be, so the section between it and the neckline edge is always one row ahead of the rest of the sweater.

Any tips?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

QueenOfThieves
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006 08:28:35 PM »

Okay! Time for pictures!! Cheesy

Uploaded at http://knitasha.blogspot.com

It's so soft it's driving me crazy. 100% baby alpaca for the blue, and the rest is 50% wool 50% alpaca. I think I am getting it dirty from all the times I keep touching it! XD

Time for the front!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006 08:31:33 PM by QueenOfThieves » THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006 04:28:48 AM »

ROCK! I finished the body!

Stupid lousy low-indoor-light-at-night pictures....

Yes, that's right. I do have 2 versions of chart 2 in there. I did the first one and decided it stood out too much but was far too lazy to frog back and redo it. At least I won't have to recreate my fuckup on the sleeves (I'm making them 3/4 length, so I get to start out with chart 3. ^_^)

Chart 3 is my favourite, aesthetically, but DAMN is it a bitch with the tension and the triple thickness of yarn.

I actually knit the neckband and started a sleeve after that little photoshoot, but you only get to imagine how well this fits so far because I'm too lazy to take lame shots of it on me yet. Let's just say it, well, it fits fabulously. Like, perfect curve-skimming, cleavage-framing, hipbone-hugging fabulous. This may actually be the first sweater I make that I will actually wear on a regular basis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baigneuse
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006 10:26:15 AM »

Wow Juniperl13 the progress on your sweater looks amazing! The colors are fantastic.

For some reason the last chart picture reminds me of some color charts I've seen of Star Wars knitting, those little evil Empire fighters I think. That could just be me though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Great Gatsby Look For Halloween
Josie Maran Talks Style and Finding Her Passion
How to Do Zombie Vampire Halloween Makeup
How to Do Sci-Fi Alien Halloween Makeup
How to Do Sixties Retro Halloween Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...