A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,290
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Too many WIPs-along  (Read 31847 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachillsk8
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2006 08:34:55 PM »

Crap...little sister's 16th birthday coming up...she's been a tomboy most of her life, but lately she's starting to look/dress more like a girl.  Perhaps I'll knit her up a quick shrug.  She isn't into purses but LOVES soccer, so I was thinking of trying to do some sort of felted soccer ball handbag (she'd carry that), but figuring that out may have to wait and be an Xmas gift instead.  I can't believe the little brat is 16!  (I'm almost 10 yrs older).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2006 09:45:11 PM »

Oh hey! I just figured out what to make for my baby sister!

Rock. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
discoprincess
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2006 10:18:56 PM »

I feel 5 is an appropriate number of WIPs! I just finished some so I am low on options...

I am working on:

* knittys hedera socks - pair #2 sock #2

* ongoing gifts project: operation dishcloths for xmas

* Knit it! Fisherman shrug (spring 06)

Just finished: Clapotis #2 (pic in knitalong thread)

About to start a voodoo doll by request.

I want to make some fingerless gloves in cashmere type fiber...but I have to go to the store first.

Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines. I do love knitting patterns.
-- Dumbledore

Ravelry: disco
karenology
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006 09:17:50 AM »

I have knitting ADD. I am so in on this.

Projects on needles:
Arm warmers (halfway done, there's actually an end in sight here)
Sweater for boyfriend (curse be damned)
Sweater for mom
Jaywalkers
Scarf for myself. I love scarves, but hate knitting them, and have only made one scarf for myself despite having knitted for three years, that I hardly ever wear...oy...

Projects on hook:
Market bag
Dish cloths

Some more upcoming ones:
Birthday present for my sis (either a tea cozy or cat bed, dithering between the two)
Stirling cloche hat posted somewhere else on this board
Mittens for my brother
Perditas from Knitty
Two sweaters (one Tubey from Knitty, the other one from Stitch Diva Studios)

I love knitting for people and I really want to finish things, but I swear, any time shiny pretty yarn enters my visual field, I go out and buy more, and then I have to think of projects for them. Pretty soon I might have to resort to just wearing unknitted skeins of yarn, stapled together or something Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijou_raoul
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006 10:08:21 AM »

rachillsk8, I'm loving that scarf you're making.  And juniperl13 that sweater is so cute! 

I managed to finish the remaining sleeve on BF's sweater last night and started on half of the hood...should knit up quick.  I hope I can finish it all within the next couple of days, but if I still have a little to get done before I leave on Friday, at least I've got a 3.5-hour train ride ahead of me to buckle down and make sure it's perfect before I arrive at BF's house that night.  I've noticed knitting happens a lot faster when I set a deadline for myself, so I think that's what I need to continue to do from now on. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachillsk8
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006 11:53:53 AM »

Woo hoo! Clapotis is done.  Nothing has been cast on to take its place, so I am offically down one WIP.  As for how many that leaves me with now, I don't want to know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006 12:27:54 PM »

Can I get in on this?  Last week I went on vacation with most of my (knitting and non-knitting) WIP.

I managed to finish:
- first sweater ever! - top down raglan in bulky weight
- Knitty's cigar gloves
- Socks of Doom for Sock Wars

Current WIP:
- second sock from a pair started over a year ago
- cabled purse needs strap and lining

Need to start:
- spider hobo gloves for my husband
- socks for my mother in law - something crazy like the embroidered knee-highs in VK Fall 2006
- Scandanavian socks in same mag
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006 08:12:05 AM by onthinice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
punkcatknitter
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006 04:14:34 PM »

I have so many....

-Purple cable bag for my mom's friend (must be done by next weekend)
-Irish Hiking Scarf out of Malabrigo
-Kareoke scarf out of some random acrylic
-Mariposa

And those are just the ones on the needles (well, I don't count the ones that have been in my closet for an entire summer Wink )

I need/plan to make:

-About 10 more dishcloths for my sister (housewarming present... her last dishcloth was a random garter stitch one someone gave her when she got married.... it was a ball of tangled yarn and she JUST got rid of it. I'm going to surprise her with a big stack of new ones. I've already gotten a good start, but I want it to be a BIG stack. hee.)
-Second blue sock
-Irish hiking wristwarmers to match scarf
-Central Park Hoodie (after all, I bought the yarn)
-Black Picovoli out of recycled cotton
-Simple knitted bodice out of silk I frogged from two brand new sweaters I got from my sister's store
-Purple verigated cotton tank I've been designing (first design, eep, I couldn't have picked something simple with less math, could I?)
-Honeymoon cami out of cascade sierra cotton/wool blend in amazing colorway
-Felted tote bag I promised my mom I'd make

I'm sure there's more, but I won't torture everyone. Later I'll post pictures... I took a couple yesterday for the blog. Eep, it looks even scarier when I look at it all written out... at least I felted 2 out of the 3 things I had sitting in the living room that have been waiting to be felted for months.

Not that I procrastinate or anything. Someone make me knit more, buy yarn less! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006 10:54:05 AM »

Yay! One sleeve down on this sweater! The whole rest of the thing to go Sad

Then again, I love working with this yarn, and knitting this pattern... so maybe that's not a bad thing.

Had to spend a while last night fixing a mistake on cables for another sweater I've been knitting. Sadly, the problems aren't yet entirely fixed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
bijou_raoul
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006 01:26:21 PM »

I finished all the pieces for BF's sweater, except the little kangaroo pocket thingy I'm going to make before my next class.  Then I'm going to seam it all together tonight so I can surprise him with it tomorrow...which means I can take one of my many other WIPs with me to work on while I'm on the bus/train all day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Makeup Tips to Look Younger
Is Makeup Making You Look Older?
Binky London at Clothes Show Live
How to Wax Without the Burn
Makeup Tips for Brown-Eyed Blondes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...